If only I was NORMAL like everybody else!

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Instead of trying to win the "I have it worst" contest, just try to accept how someone else feels and put yourself on equal ground.

^This. Instead of fighting over who has it worse, let's just agree that it sucks no matter what. It might suck for different reasons depending on what stage you're at, but it still sucks.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Your defending your right to feel sorry for yourself by saying suffering is relative, trust me I understand how that works. OK then, when and if any of you ever reach the "final destination", full baldness.... compare your experience to right now when you were nw2 and try not to think of that time as the good ol days when you still had some hair. Try.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Your defending your right to feel sorry for yourself by saying suffering is relative, trust me I understand how that works. OK then, when and if any of you ever reach the "final destination", full baldness.... compare your experience to right now when you were nw2 and try not to think of that time as the good ol days when you still had some hair. Try.

You just dont get it do you? stop trying to win the "i got it worse" contest yes we get it you got it "worse" blah blah "done with it" has explained it just before you went off on one...but balding is no better and im not talking NW2 im talking lets say NW3 or NW4 etc im sure you get "looks" still at this stage (i mean come on you head is thinning and bald patches are developing) it is no good no matter the Norwood...i can even feel for people who are NW2 pain also cause i have been there "when is my hairloss gonna get worse, can people see it, has it stopped etc etc"...get of your high horse dude.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I have a valid point and I stick by it. What does it say if you are willing to KILL YOURSELF if you ever reach significant baldness say about the gravity of the situation? It says that I am right. Don't act like I am being unreasonable in the assertion that there is such a thing as having it worse when you are not even willing to LIVE through the kind of life I experience everyday. You may be getting by for now pulling one nighters here and there (your pregnant, congratulations) but don't you even act like you don't full well know that you would be OSTROCIZED if you were nw5 full scalp exposed with the rest of your hair still long. I'm not saying the process of balding is a joyride, but if you think an nw2s experience is just as bad as an nw5 especially in your twenties then you are nuts.

You really don't get it, do you?
I did agree with you being a higher Norwood is worse and that is where we all try to avoid ending up.
For me I had a horrible time even when my hair loss was minimal, because I knew I was losing it, but I feel even worse today with less hair.
I get that the more hair you lose, the worse you feel. My desperation has only increased as my hair loss progressed.
No, I may not be visibly balding to others yet, but I see it every day myself.
I have lost about 40% of my hair, but since I had very thick hair to begin with I still get by.
The point I was trying to make is what I said, YOU don't have monopoly on feeling bad.
You act like you are the king of this forum, the #1 spot and has the right to put everyone else down.
Pain is a relative thing, and you don't know the first thing about how horrible I, or anyone else on here, feels about losing hair.
Why don't you just get off your high horse and realise we are all fighting here?
You don't walk my shoes so how do you know you have it worse then? It's not a contest who has it worse either.
Also don't be ****ing rude and assume I pull one nighters here and there. What do you know about this?
I've been seeing the same guy since February of 2013, so I wouldn't call that sleeping around?
Thanks for your heartfelt "congratulations" about my pregnancy, which is going to be aborted by the way, I really appreciate it.
I don't even know what to say to people like you, but it's pretty clear baldness has made you into a very bitter person.

K

karankaran

You really don't get it, do you?
I did agree with you being a higher Norwood is worse and that is where we all try to avoid ending up.
For me I had a horrible time even when my hair loss was minimal, because I knew I was losing it, but I feel even worse today with less hair.
I get that the more hair you lose, the worse you feel. My desperation has only increased as my hair loss progressed.
No, I may not be visibly balding to others yet, but I see it every day myself.
I have lost about 40% of my hair, but since I had very thick hair to begin with I still get by.
The point I was trying to make is what I said, YOU don't have monopoly on feeling bad.
You act like you are the king of this forum, the #1 spot and has the right to put everyone else down.
Pain is a relative thing, and you don't know the first thing about how horrible I, or anyone else on here, feels about losing hair.
Why don't you just get off your high horse and realise we are all fighting here?
You don't walk my shoes so how do you know you have it worse then? It's not a contest who has it worse either.
Also don't be ****ing rude and assume I pull one nighters here and there. What do you know about this?
I've been seeing the same guy since February of 2013, so I wouldn't call that sleeping around?
Thanks for your heartfelt "congratulations" about my pregnancy, which is going to be aborted by the way, I really appreciate it.
I don't even know what to say to people like you, but it's pretty clear baldness has made you into a very bitter person.

Hey, just wanted to say that I am with you on this..And I am sorry to hear abaout your abortion, you are a beautiful person and i am sure you will be a beautiful mother , people here can be rude and nasty, I can understand their bitterness but their personal atatcks are inexcusable... so, if any of this negativity has affected you, i want to tell you that please ignore it.... and i would like you to keep on being the sensible person here because it is coz of people like you that these forums have some positive effect in people's lives!!

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to say that I am with you on this..And I am sorry to hear abaout your abortion, you are a beautiful person and i am sure you will be a beautiful mother , people here can be rude and nasty, I can understand their bitterness but their personal atatcks are inexcusable... so, if any of this negativity has affected you, i want to tell you that please ignore it.... and i would like you to keep on being the sensible person here because it is coz of people like you that these forums have some positive effect in people's lives!!

Thank you <33
I understand his bitterness too but bringing up my pregnancy like that was below the belt and I must admit it stung a bit.
Especially since he doesn't know anything about that situation, so assuming that I'm sleeping around and that got me pregnant was just plain rude and unnecessary.
I appreciate your support! We need to stick together instead of attacking others cause they have more hair, like uncomfortable man does.
We are all in the same process of balding anyway. Sadly.

whymewhynow

Reaction score
We all have our own definitions of the worst situation. I think NW2 or 3 is the worst for all the uncertainty, others think NW7 is the worst for a higher Norwood. I think bald men are partly happy for being stable (only mentally i know on the outside they are struggling to cope) have at look at slybald, once the fight is over then you can rest. I'm sick of worrying and I had to see a doctor about my anxiety.We will never agree.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We all have our own definitions of the worst situation. I think NW2 or 3 is the worst for all the uncertainty, others think NW7 is the worst for a higher Norwood. I think bald men are partly happy for being stable (only mentally i know on the outside they are struggling to cope) have at look at slybald, once the fight is over then you can rest. I'm sick of worrying and I had to see a doctor about my anxiety.We will never agree.
"rest" is living as an inferior being daily (in the eyes of society), getting looks and ridicule, and getting turned down by women?

i wanna sucker punch you in the ****ing nuts

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
"rest" is living as an inferior being daily (in the eyes of society), getting looks and ridicule, and getting turned down by women?

i wanna sucker punch you in the ****ing nuts

Please...you talk as if EVERYONE looks down on bald people...i bet you not EVERYONE looks at you or gives a damn that you are bald and i also bet you probably have been looked down etc (not by everyone obviously) by "society" (for what ever reason) when you HAD hair...so your point is pointless.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please...you talk as if EVERYONE looks down on bald people...i bet you not EVERYONE looks at you or gives a damn that you are bald and i also bet you probably have been looked down etc (not by everyone obviously) by "society" (for what ever reason) when you HAD hair...so your point is pointless.

I will say there is a definite perception change from society since I really started losing my hair.
Trust me women notice more than you think.

hanginthere77

Reaction score
Uncomfortable man you are wrong look at it this way....when you are being tortured to death the worst part is before death...to me in your situation your hairloss battle is dead and you need to accept it ...it's the people who are constantly fighting it and living with that secret who are really struggling....

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Kinda how i accepted it i mean i wasnt bald yet but when it got to the point it was obvious for others to see it is when i thought **** it...because they know now no more worrying...because i used to worry if others knew and was worried if they would judge etc...but like i said when it was obvious i was balding i was like "waste of time hiding now everyone knows **** it"...i never looked back since im offically a egghead lol (at times when i can be arsed to shave)

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Uncomfortable man you are wrong look at it this way....when you are being tortured to death the worst part is before death...to me in your situation your hairloss battle is dead and you need to accept it ...it's the people who are constantly fighting it and living with that secret who are really struggling....

I wouldnt say that. You never stop feeling like **** from it.
Honestly I would think you never stop fighting either, you just go online and search news and forums for any new advances. I know when I finally look like my old man Im going to be a miserable a hole, knowing I "peaked" so to say will not make it easier, but worse.
Also look at it this way, there is the feeling that NOW you just missed the boat on any advances because your so far along.
Its always a mixed bag.
Was with my brother this weekend and all I could do it look at his hair

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score

I think everyone should accept that there is no such thing as having it worse, wether you're NW2 or NW5+
Uncomfortable man shouldn't claim he has it worse and neither should you.
People react differently to the same situation, and in my opinion someone who is NW2 could have a much worse time than a NW5 if the NW5 is accepting of the situation.
And of course the NW5 could feel much worse than a NW2 who has yet to reach the point of visibly balding so they still feel "normal".
Sure, every bald man would like his hair back, but there are plenty of bald men around the world who's universe doesn't revolve around hair.
And of course there are those, like uncomfortable man here, who has a really hard time.
My point is that we can't claim that ANYONE has it worse, because only that person knows how they feel inside.
I am suicidal over hair loss but I do not claim that I suffer worse than anyone of you, just that the suffering I go through is a horrible experience for me.
Uncomfortable man should have respect for others, just like we should have respect for him because he feels bad about his hair.

edit:

FFA.jpg

i found this pic online which is frontal fibrosing alopecia a scarring alopecia.
my hairline kinda looks like this but not quite as bad as this. and mine is not scarring with those plugs,
just overall thinning. but it is not this bad yet, just kinda thinning in that way + slightly receded corners.