Ian Somerhalder

jeffbuckley

Reaction score
I know I am not the only one to notice..

He had been thinning for years but got noticeable just after 'lost'. Before that it was always a little thin at the front and he'd hide it by brushing it forward.

This was a few years ago, it got a little worse still after this:

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/he ... -grace.jpg

url]

Now:

http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gall ... /fullsize/

His hair has been looking a lot better since he started that new vampire TV Show of his.

I wonder if he had work done? It looks a lot thicker at the front these days.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Saw an old pic (can't find it anymore) where he had his hair slicked back. Almost a NW3.

His hair looks like mine when I grow it out. A lot of miniaturization in the front and recession. Makes bangs look awful. He'd be better off cutting it short and spiking it up a bit. Or just having much shorter bangs (like the caesar-style).

finasteride might explain the sudden improved appearance, as his loss wasn't enough to warrant a hair transplant.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Uber bump I know but I noticed Ian's hair recently, is he sporting a wig?

His hair color looks really different than a decade a go:

Screen-shot-2011-09-19-at-12.38.22-PM.png

109847387.jpg

109304891.jpg

85732193.jpg

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Going solely off these pics I'd say he wasn't balding. The first few where it looks chalky and wispy look, it still looks fuller than when I grew my hair long at the age of 14! He might've just styled it better/ got a better cut. I can say for me, my hair looks a lot better now than between the ages of 14 and 17 and I never got anything done, just got better cuts.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
He's definitely balding, he's easily a NW2 in the 2002 picture but I can't be the only one that thinks he's sporting a wig in the newest pic? The hair just does not look natural.

T

TravisB

Yeah, he's defo wearing a wig. He may be fooling teeny girls that are going wet just looking on him, but he won't fool us, balding community with a trained eye :D

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Every time I've pointed wig wearers to my mum (Charlie Sheen, some guy on Deal or no Deal etc) my mum always replies 'they can't make wigs that real don't be stupid.' People are really clueless.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
He is wearing a wig or he dyes his hair very dark. In the first photo, his beard hair is light and matches his hair. If he had dark hair like he does now, his beard hairs would have been naturally dark too.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
That looks very much like a wig.

He's been receding for a while. I remember when I first noticed myself balding 2003 he seemed to have the same pattern as me.

Who really knows how bald these hollywood stars are though with make up/wigs/concealers.
Look at that guy from 2 and a half men, Jon Pryor? - he is powdered with concealer on the program yet there are pictures of him thinning when he's out and about.
It's the same with Hugh Laurie.

It's amazing how much having hair is required in Hollywood. Can you imagine these 2 having major roles with their balding spots showing?

casualty

Reaction score
You can see his hair has that dried out, DHT damaged look about it. I think he's sporting a system for the show.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
It's similar to female celebrities without makeup really, except people have no problem with women doing whatever they can to look their best. If a little concealer, or even a wig can make a person look better, then it isn't a bad thing. It's not unecessary vanity, we all like to look our best, and that's just one way of doing so.

T

TravisB

Yep, he's balding and now definitely sporting a wig. Here's a photo from 2007:

6325.jpg

As you can see, he was something like NW3 back then. I wonder how his hair looks now under the wig.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thats not a NW3.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think Ian's wearing a wig. I think he had just naturally thin hair and maybe some slow balding process on-going that he might have stopped by starting the use of fina or minoxidil. Finasteride might darken the hair too; let alone the possibility that he dyes his hair. Wouldn't be the only male Hollywood star.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We are the worst of OCD balders. It's funny how we have pages of posts all about us debating a celebrity's hair just to make ourselves feel better. Not an attack, just funny. I would be lying if I didn't admit it makes me feel better.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score

dm222

Reaction score
dafuq, bumping a 2 years old thread to say that

I just came across an article where he said the he took B12 shots so even after two years everything is important to understand hair loss.
Could make a difference for someone who has the same symptoms...

What about posting a commentary just to say what you said?

shookwun

Reaction score
He's been sporting a wig for very long time