i would so much like to use gel again

G

wouldnt you like too?

but instead i need to use wax and it still looks thin. wax lets your hair look a bit thicker. and gel makes it a bit thinner. but i like the look of gel and the wax-look looks fatty.

i would so much like to make just a lot of gel in my hair and strubble it a bit and then go out.

i even have some gel in my room. some really expensive one. lol. i think i have that to dream sometimes a bit. well, maybe my new regimen will kick in and i will be able to? thats my dream.

doesnt every young baldy dream of using gel with a cool hair style? ahhhh, such a nice illusion...

Pondle

Reaction score
Gel always made my hair look crusty. I prefer paste or clay-type products that leave a matte finish. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shaping cream is an amazing product for doing that.

G

hm, i got studio line "out of the bed" . i just tried it. but if you look from above it looks still thin. :( maybe someone who isnt concerned about male pattern baldness wouldnt see my thinning...i dont know. because it maybe for them just looks like i have gel in it.

maybe a combination of wax/gel is good for me.

i can live with a Norwood 2 hairline , because mine looks good. if just the thinning would go away.
but dont get me wrong now...im just playing with it a bit, im not depressed or that it would hurt me. its just nice to imagine a full head of hair with a cool hair style. :)

G

To answer the original question: no I wouldn't. I have never used gel on a regular basis, it's such a hassle. Besides I had long hair before so I didn't really need it. The last time I had short hair for a longer time was when I was in the army back in 2001, and hairstyling products aren't allowed in there (as you would expect :lol: ). If I had a full head of hair again I'd probably keep it buzzed at around 1 cm for the f*** of it or grow it longer again.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
na dont use gel.. gel fkin sux.. I wouldnt use it even if i was thinning... pomade is the best or hair creme wax

I use Biolage hair creme wax by Matrix... or Rewind by Redken is also good... I wouldnt be able to acheive this look without some spritz of toppik though.. in the end it all comes out the same way i had my hair a few years back.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
You can still use gel! Just use this:

http://www.goldwellusa.com/products/sty ... volume.asp

Goldwell lagoom jam volume gel.

I absolutely love this stuff, but I couldnt find it anywhere around here and had to purchase on the internet. Very good for thinning hair providing volume. Works well with concealers too.

another member on here recommended that gel...i cant remember his name though

ShedMaster

Reaction score
might have been me? Although someone on here recommended it to me cause thats why I tried it in the 1st place. I wanted a gel that thickens up a bit and leaves the 'wet' look and i didnt think it was possible.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
might have been me? Although someone on here recommended it to me cause thats why I tried it in the 1st place. I wanted a gel that thickens up a bit and leaves the 'wet' look and i didnt think it was possible.

no it wasnt you...it was btp11.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
ShedMaster said:

you know 1200 posts in 5.5 months is a lot :)

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:
ShedMaster said:

you know 1200 posts in 5.5 months is a lot :)

lol...yah..i got into a few arguments and that drove it up...

but come on there are dudes that have been here for a year or so with 5000+

and what does that have to do with anything?

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
hey i'll have to try out that jam gel... I just love pomade cuz when u wash it off it leaves ur hair silky smooth..and gel i feel like im ripping my hair off... sorta miss using gel but at the same time i dont.

How much is this gel btw? Is it clear and has a "coconut" smell to it? I think maybe I used it b4