i witness the cure for hairlloss

eduardmc

Established Member
Reaction score
first i would like to say that this is a story that happened to my friend about 5 year ago, and i was a witness.

my friend started loosing his hair, nw7, (really noticeable, amost no hair on top). we took a vacation to my country (caribean dominican republic) to relax for 3 months we where enjoying and partying everyday, after 3 weeks, his entired top was filling in and by the 3 month he had all his hair back. i know some of u won't believe all this, but is entirely true. when we came back, he went to live in NC and i kept living in NY. after 5 year now i saw him a couple of weeks ago, and he was NW7 shave head. i still can't understand how all his hair grew back withing the 3 months his was in our native country, to bad he lost all his hair when he came back. i went to visit my country again about 3 month ago and i notice that all my friend that live there are not suffering from hairloss, i might have to go and stay there for a year to see if it helps. have their been any story on climate condition?

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow thats wierd
PS u mean climate.
Maybe ur friend handles stress terribly? And when hes relaxed his growth cycle returns to normal?

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
You rmiracle cure can be rebunked the second we find a bald person thats been close to the equator and not come back with hair. Im sure its happenned at some point in history. *sigh* oh well..back to the drawing board.

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
It may be related to diet rather than climate... For example, asians have traditionally had a lower incidence of male pattern baldness... This MAY be related to diet (low fat, more soy). As western diet and lifestyles are adopted the rate of asian male pattern baldness seems to be approaching that of westerners. That suggests that the difference in rates may be more environmental than genetic. Returning to a different (?low fat, lower red-meat?) diet may have resulted in lower free testosterone levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

Jhonny

Reaction score
guys the same thing happened to me i went to Lebanon last summer and i swear my hair grew back twice as thick i was on monox and proscar then and still am but when i came back my hair started thinning again fucked up but true !

The Gardener

Reaction score
I LOVE the Dominican Republic, great place to vacation. What town did you go to?

There might be some truth to this. Thinking about the Dominicans I know well from baseball... Sammy Sosa, Pedro Martinez, Raul Mondesi, Cesar Izturis, Pedro Guerrero... all of them have zero Norwood.

Sun, beautiful Caribbean scenery, and even more beautiful women, baseball, beer, and a southerly latitude. That is the cure.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Cornholio said:
It may be related to diet rather than climate... For example, asians have traditionally had a lower incidence of male pattern baldness... This MAY be related to diet (low fat, more soy). As western diet and lifestyles are adopted the rate of asian male pattern baldness seems to be approaching that of westerners. That suggests that the difference in rates may be more environmental than genetic. Returning to a different (?low fat, lower red-meat?) diet may have resulted in lower free testosterone levels.

This is IMO an overused argument(the one about the Asians traditionally having lower incidence of male pattern baldness). Has it occurred to anyone that it is purely genetic? Asians have obviously less bodyhair than others. Is that due to nutrition too?

willywonka

Established Member
Reaction score
SEfreak said:
Cornholio said:

This is IMO an overused argument(the one about the Asians traditionally having lower incidence of male pattern baldness). Has it occurred to anyone that it is purely genetic? Asians have obviously less bodyhair than others. Is that due to nutrition too?
accute observation

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
Have ya'll taken into consideration the substance that everyone puts in their hair on a daily basis?? Water? In US we put so much chemicles in the water to kill everything, - we know are stomaches can handle it. But can our hair? In 3rd world countries they don't treat their water the same way. Anyways, diet probably has alot to do with it also.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe he passed out from all the partying and some one thought it would be funny to glue their pubes to his head. :freak:

But who knows... you two should go back there and test it out again but keep track of what you do this time.

Redbone

Reaction score
I have heard the foreign country thing so many times but I refuse to believe there are more baldies in the US than in other parts of the world. Studies have shown this as false as well. Not disputing anyones claims just putting facts out there.

I beleive genetics is a big cause for male pattern baldness but I also believe it is the steroids and by products that they put in the foods in this county. I have always eaten lots of beef- beef has steroids as does poultry, that has to go somewhere when you eat it? Maybe, Maybe not but I know the American Diet is way unhealthy. Too much processed crap, to many additives, lots of fat etc. I know in the Dominican and other countrys food is a lot friendlier and less processed. Try reading the labels of your favorite foods next time and see whats in them??

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
Cornholio, how is it an over-used argument?

It makes perfect sense to most people, I don't understand why you find it so hard to accept that nutrition may play a role in male pattern baldness.

SE-freak

Reaction score
silkeysmooth said:
Cornholio, how is it an over-used argument?

It makes perfect sense to most people, I don't understand why you find it so hard to accept that nutrition may play a role in male pattern baldness.

(I think you are referring to me).

Like I said it seems like genetics to me, as it is genetics that defines that asians have almost non-existent bodyhair.

crisis

Reaction score
thanks for posting this. its these stories that give me hope that perhaps we're not all doomed to becoming baldies after all.

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
Redbone said:
I have heard the foreign country thing so many times but I refuse to believe there are more baldies in the US than in other parts of the world. Studies have shown this as false as well. Not disputing anyones claims just putting facts out there.

I beleive genetics is a big cause for male pattern baldness but I also believe it is the steroids and by products that they put in the foods in this county. I have always eaten lots of beef- beef has steroids as does poultry, that has to go somewhere when you eat it? Maybe, Maybe not but I know the American Diet is way unhealthy. Too much processed crap, to many additives, lots of fat etc. I know in the Dominican and other countrys food is a lot friendlier and less processed. Try reading the labels of your favorite foods next time and see whats in them??

Can you give us a link to this study?

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
As above, I believe the increasing incidence of male pattern baldness in asia (if it truely is happening) could be diet related... The link to the Bankok study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract shows there is at least some evidence that hair loss is increasing in asian populations, approaching that of the west. Dietary and lifestyle (but not genetic) changes would explain this. If adopting a western diet does not cause asians to develope more male pattern baldness then the difference is genetic.

Below is an observational "survey" reporting the incidence of hair loss in different countries... Probably not very accurate (as ages are not checked to see if the surveyed populations are the same) but it gives you an idea of what the crowds look like in different countries. The asian countries have the lowest rates of male pattern baldness (this difference could be genetic or dietary).

http://www.aderans.co.jp/e/company/information/040601/

eduardmc

Established Member
Reaction score
like i mention in this post at the beginning, i went back a few month ago for 1 month, for personal reason but i was hoping that my hair would grow back aswell, well it didn't but it didn't get worse either. i forgot to note that my friend has never use any product for hairloss, and maybe when he came back to the state that's why he lost all the hair he grew. i didn't ask him any question about hairloss cause i know how embarresing that can be.