I Wish I Knew If Histogen Was Going To Be Useful?

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I havent been around for some time, or followed other procedures. You're telling me we still dont have a definite date on replicel or histogen? I've been hearing about them since 2012 or even earlier. Wtf, it's almost 2018.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the bigger question is, will Histogen HSC ever be available? Looking at their trial results, it should be useful if it ever gets released.

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the bigger question is, will Histogen HSC ever be available? Looking at their trial results, it should be useful if it ever gets released.

Follica seems to be a lot more advanced and they keep pushing their release date forward...

I honestly think that Histogen will follow the same path as Aderans.

jd_uk

Reaction score
I am desperate to improve my aesthetics, as many of you know. There are obvious things for me to do, but sometimes I get sidetracked or told to get lost or overanalyzed things, I finally booked an overdue appointment with an orthodontist today, for example, so in 6-12 months I might have properly aligned teeth that are hopefully white as well.

The conservative cost of a hair transplant is about ~US$ 10,000 once one includes plane tickets + hotel. It will probably improve my looks somewhat, what's the financial value of going from NW2.5 to NW1.5 for me? Is it worth the opportunity cost where that money would be spent on other things? Who the f*** knows, I'm not expecting anybody to have an accurate answer.

I know that my own hair would be better than transplanted hair for a variety of reasons. Perhaps Histogen will be available in 1 year in Mexico for only ~US$ 2,000, so with three trips and three sets of hotels, maybe ~ US $4,000. Will it work?

NO IDEA.

All we have from them, as far as I can tell, are some misleading pictures. It might be great to regenerate the hair that's not transplanted, for maintenance in addition to the transplant. It might end up regrowing hair in the transplanted area, causing that hairline to be doubly-hairy and stupid. It might be a cure. It might give me 5% regrowth. NO IDEA.

As you know i rarely log in anymore but when I do there is never any change in the posts. Yes its a nice idea to think that some amazing treatment or cure is just around the corner but the reality is that is is all just wishful thinking. For anything affordable and accessible coming to market you are talking 5 years at the very best case and most likely 10+ years.

Get on with your life and work on what you can control because many guys here are quite literally wasting their lives by thinking about hair every day.

jd_uk

Reaction score
First you're wrong, but you already know that.

About your second statement, here's my take: why not both?!

You can wait for the new treatments while making the most of what you can control.

Establish a good career, date a lot of women, Build a great body, make the most of it while being balding or bald (I'd still recommend a FUE though).

Why do people like you think of options always being mutually exclusive?

I don't believe that I am wrong. Come 2020 there will still be posts on this forum about future treatments - same as it has been for the last 15 years or whatever it is. The best hair transplant doctors, many of whom hold patents and own businesses and and attend seminars on the latest research do not believe that there is anything solid on the horizon yet. Yes there are things which are 'promising' but if you know anything about business, especially in the health and beauty industry, it takes many years for a new product to reach the market and sometimes years more for it to become affordable to the average Joe.

Waiting, thinking of the future is a perfect way to be unhappy. To live in the moment rather than the future is the best way to enjoy life. Particularly with hair loss...if you focus on it then it becomes a huge problem...if you improve yourself in other areas and minimise any focus on it then the problems shrinks. I know that from good experience.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can wait for the new treatments while making the most of what you can control.

Establish a good career, date a lot of women, Build a great body, make the most of it while being balding or bald (I'd still recommend a FUE though).

Yeah, too bad that if you're not good-looking, establishing a career is the only thing you can try. So it's not like everyone really has a choice.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Because what a few people (hair transplant surgeons) believe is relevant and valuable data.

You're wrong, and anyone who's taken the time to learn about the current research will tell you so.

You just want everyone to become bald so you can feel better about your own misery.

You last statement doesn't work when you're bald, I've been there.

It works now that I have some hair, if I was still bald, all my accomplishments wouldn't matter as much.

Being proper bald negative halos the f*** out of any quality you might have.

And this is why you're still posting on this forum.

This is FredTheBelgian isn't it?

It's nice to be optimistic but ultimately people here are wasting precious time on something which is unlikely to come to fruition anytime soon.

As for me, i popped back out of boredom while sat on a train this morning curious as to what the world of HairLossTalk.com currently looks like... Answer, exactly the same. My life is good and definitely all the better for not thinking regularly about hair loss which is what happens when you spend so much time on a forum about it.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Particularly with hair loss...if you focus on it then it becomes a huge problem...if you improve yourself in other areas and minimise any focus on it then the problems shrinks.

Haha, right. Sorry, still bald.

He is, however, right that absolutely nothing is coming any time soon - at least not if we just keep waiting for the stuff we're being teased with. You see what's happening with the treatments we've been counting down to for the past 5 years.

A cure or effective treatments simply isn't happening until we get society to recognize the need for it. It's not happening until we establish a strong link between psychological stress, depression (possibly even suicide rate) and baldness. But for that you need to start talking about it. I uderstand not wanting to go public with it but come on, this is the 21st century and the internet offers anonymity.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
As for me, i popped back out of boredom while sat on a train this morning curious as to what the world of HairLossTalk.com currently looks like... Answer, exactly the same. My life is good and definitely all the better for not thinking regularly about hair loss which is what happens when you spend so much time on a forum about it.

Thanks for your monthly "I don't care about hair loss" update JD, see you again in a few weeks!

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
I know but wtf, in all other fields of tech we have seen insane growth in the past 5 years alone. For f sake we have SELF DRIVING CARS made by at least 5 different companies, VR, AI, AR, MR, and whatnot R, and we still don't have tangible progress here?
That is really weird since this is not a niche market - this is a huge mainstream market with billions of $ of potential...

PS, why wouldnt Histogen be released?

JJ2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard people talking about how in the not too distant future you'll be able to upload your consciousness into a computer, but they haven't even figured out how solve a receding hairline yet

jd_uk

Reaction score
I don't see the time I'm spending on this forum as wasted.

Wasting time for me would be not doing certain things because I would think that my hair state doesn't allow it.

Moments like those haven't happened to me since my hair transplant grew in.

I'd like more hair, a fullish head of hair, but it's not like not having this would ruin my life.

Being completely bald though, no, no life is worth living as a slick bald man.

You became known throughout the internet for your crazily negative views about hair loss, on various different forums and have posted maybe more than I have seen anyone post about anything and still you think you're living life to the full and not wasting time. I used to dislike you but I just feel sorry for you at this point.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard people talking about how in the not too distant future you'll be able to upload your consciousness into a computer, but they haven't even figured out how solve a receding hairline yet

I think people are so excited by the rate of technological/ medical advancement that even the smartest experts are prone to hyperbolizing where we'll be in a few years. Take Elon Musk for example; he's developing self driving cars and sends rockets into space and he's fairly convinced that the entire human existence is a highly advanced computer simulation. When you look at the research that's being done, on one hand it doesn't sound cazy to imagine that designer babies will be plausible in a few decades, then you realize we're 7 generations into the iPhone and it hasn't changed all that much.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think people are so excited by the rate of technological/ medical advancement that even the smartest experts are prone to hyperbolizing where we'll be in a few years. Take Elon Musk for example; he's developing self driving cars and sends rockets into space and he's fairly convinced that the entire human existence is a highly advanced computer simulation. When you look at the research that's being done, on one hand it doesn't sound cazy to imagine that designer babies will be plausible in a few decades, then you realize we're 7 generations into the iPhone and it hasn't changed all that much.
Technology grows exponentially

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Technology grows exponentially

Yes, but unfortunately, what's pertinent to us as hair loss sufferers is bio tech. Technology in a broader sense is almost always referring to our easiest method of judging technological performance: computing capability. And even Moore's law is approaching physical limitations that will be a big challenge.

Biotech is a whole other ballgame because you aren't just dealing with transistors and chips and wires and display screens. You're dealing with the most complex thing on this planet - the human body. And it's ironic because just as adding newer, better features onto existing technology is exponentially easier than starting from scratch, biological evolution is theoretically accelerating for the same reason. And that's why it's so difficult to come up with solutions for what seem like simple problems, like hair loss.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but unfortunately, what's pertinent to us as hair loss sufferers is bio tech. Technology in a broader sense is almost always referring to our easiest method of judging technological performance: computing capability. And even Moore's law is approaching physical limitations that will be a big challenge.

Biotech is a whole other ballgame because you aren't just dealing with transistors and chips and wires and display screens. You're dealing with the most complex thing on this planet - the human body. And it's ironic because just as adding newer, better features onto existing technology is exponentially easier than starting from scratch, biological evolution is theoretically accelerating for the same reason. And that's why it's so difficult to come up with solutions for what seem like simple problems, like hair loss.
Well I was referring to your comment about iphones. But yeah, biology is surely moving at a slower rate than computing (3d transistors and carbon nanotubes ftw). Especially hair, the less people work on sth, the more likely it is for progress to deviate from the norm because of individual failures. I just hope that with the rise of stem cells and this zeroing in that's happened on Androgenetic Alopecia causes there will be even more efforts if the present ones fail.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am desperate to improve my aesthetics, as many of you know. There are obvious things for me to do, but sometimes I get sidetracked or told to get lost or overanalyzed things, I finally booked an overdue appointment with an orthodontist today, for example, so in 6-12 months I might have properly aligned teeth that are hopefully white as well.

The conservative cost of a hair transplant is about ~US$ 10,000 once one includes plane tickets + hotel. It will probably improve my looks somewhat, what's the financial value of going from NW2.5 to NW1.5 for me? Is it worth the opportunity cost where that money would be spent on other things? Who the f*** knows, I'm not expecting anybody to have an accurate answer.

I know that my own hair would be better than transplanted hair for a variety of reasons. Perhaps Histogen will be available in 1 year in Mexico for only ~US$ 2,000, so with three trips and three sets of hotels, maybe ~ US $4,000. Will it work?

NO IDEA.

All we have from them, as far as I can tell, are some misleading pictures. It might be great to regenerate the hair that's not transplanted, for maintenance in addition to the transplant. It might end up regrowing hair in the transplanted area, causing that hairline to be doubly-hairy and stupid. It might be a cure. It might give me 5% regrowth. NO IDEA.

It will be useful, for the CEO of the company! She can get rich every several years until you lose your
hair again.

Or she could sell the company. i think that's what they're waiting to do. Just a guess. They don't seem
to get the ball rolling. It's like their afraid of Replical, or another future medication to appear on the market.