i will start oral minoxil

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well yeah, to be fair Mr Snow doesn’t have much hair loss, if any at all, and doesn’t even need an extreme treatment
man sorry to bother you again but according to you in term of results and systemic absorption can we even compare oral topical ( even massive amount of topical)?

. i know in theory we absorb 1.4% of the topical we apply on the scalp but if that's true ( as i'm applying 12 ml a day without a sningle issue ) i should get more than 6mg in the bloodstream. yet even when i ue 1 mg oforal min i got crazy sides and palpitations so omething isn't adding up i'm kinda lost. thanks

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
man sorry to bother you again but according to you in term of results and systemic absorption can we even compare oral topical ( even massive amount of topical)?

. i know in theory we absorb 1.4% of the topical we apply on the scalp but if that's true ( as i'm applying 12 ml a day without a sningle issue ) i should get more than 6mg in the bloodstream. yet even when i ue 1 mg oforal min i got crazy sides and palpitations so omething isn't adding up i'm kinda lost. thanks
The only way topical can compare to oral, IMO, is if you are needling + tretinoin + 2x daily minoxidil. But I can't say for sure if that's even as good as 2.5mg of oral. I think that there is more to conversion rates than what we think. Even if you did absorb 6mg in the serum, remember that the sulfotransferase enzyme must be present in order to convert minoxidil to its active metabolite. Chances are that a good portion of that 6mg isn't even minoxidil sulfate, it is the inactive parent compound, and that may be why you can use huge topical doses with minimal sides. So, although tretinoin improves its efficacy, it's possible it could make sides worse since it promotes the conversion of the parent compound into its active metabolite.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only way topical can compare to oral, IMO, is if you are needling + tretinoin + 2x daily minoxidil. But I can't say for sure if that's even as good as 2.5mg of oral. I think that there is more to conversion rates than what we think. Even if you did absorb 6mg in the serum, remember that the sulfotransferase enzyme must be present in order to convert minoxidil to its active metabolite. Chances are that a good portion of that 6mg isn't even minoxidil sulfate, it is the inactive parent compound, and that may be why you can use huge topical doses with minimal sides. So, although tretinoin improves its efficacy, it's possible it could make sides worse since it promotes the conversion of the parent compound into its active metabolite.
really interesting take so in theory 2.5 mg of oral min would beat 10 ml+ of topical applied ( without retin a or dermaroller ) in term of results? Dr oscar told me that according to him 10 ml of topical 5 % would equal 4 mg of oral min but honestly i have the feeling that he is clueless about it in reality ..... and that' pretty scary

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
really interesting take so in theory 2.5 mg of oral min would beat 10 ml+ of topical applied ( without retin a or dermaroller ) in term of results? Dr oscar told me that according to him 10 ml of topical 5 % would equal 4 mg of oral min but honestly i have the feeling that he is clueless about it in reality ..... and that' pretty scary
I believe so. Yeah, he might be right that there is 4mg in your system but that doesn't mean the compound is even active, because topical skips first pass metabolism. As a general rule, what is good for avoiding sides is usually bad for efficacy.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s surprising he told you that. There just isn’t enough reliable data from proper studies comparing the two methods. Even the doctors like Sinclair or Pathomvanich who’ve been prescribing low dose oral min for a long time haven’t made those kind of statements.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s surprising he told you that. There just isn’t enough reliable data from proper studies comparing the two methods. Even the doctors like Sinclair or Pathomvanich who’ve been prescribing low dose oral min for a long time haven’t made those kind of statements.
he keeps changing his mind i asked im the question twice now on his private livesrteam f and i'm gonna ask him again next 22 got a private consultation with him. btw do you know if there is any way for a guy in europe to get sublingual min?

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
he keeps changing his mind i asked im the question twice now on his private livesrteam f and i'm gonna ask him again next 22 got a private consultation with him. btw do you know if there is any way for a guy in europe to get sublingual min?
Hmm, good luck with that. Dr Sinclair has some patented version of it and I have no idea if that is available outside of Australia. You can just dissolve a minoxidil tablet under your tongue.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm, good luck with that. Dr Sinclair has some patented version of it and I have no idea if that is available outside of Australia. You can just dissolve a minoxidil tablet under your tongue.
What is your all's opinion on consuming 5% topical either sublingually or diluted in water and drunk? I have been doing both of these for the past three months and it has been effective.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, your main objective was to increase body hair? If you are inquiring about which method (sublingual vs oral) yields more hypertrichosis then I have no idea.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, your main objective was to increase body hair? If you are inquiring about which method (sublingual vs oral) yields more hypertrichosis then I have no idea.
Yes, that is the case. Absolutely no male pattern baldness but just want to trigger hypertrichosis.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm sorry i didn't undertand but you're telling me i could get the same " ublingual effect" and bypass the liver by just puttin the oral min tablet under the tongue and letting it dissolve? i'm not sure to understand correctly how it works . thanks

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that is the general idea of what sublingual delivery of a drug means. Bassie21 shared his thoughts on this idea several months ago in my thread on the subject.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm sorry i didn't undertand but you're telling me i could get the same " ublingual effect" and bypass the liver by just puttin the oral min tablet under the tongue and letting it dissolve? i'm not sure to understand correctly how it works . thanks
The mucosa tissue under the tongue allows delivery of medications to the bloodstream directly without having to go through the digestive tract, so you avoid any destruction of the medication by the digestive process. It also bypasses the liver somewhat, if I understand correctly.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I might be getting you confused with another forum member but what was your main issue again? You didn’t get results with low dose oral min? Or the side effects were intolerable?

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I might be getting you confused with another forum member but what was your main issue again? You didn’t get results with low dose oral min? Or the side effects were intolerable?
sorry to bother you man and thanks for the help. the sides were getting to much to handle especially the chest pressure . i stopped and everything went back to normal. my question was can i let a loniten pill dissolve under my tongue to mimic the sublingual effect or it won't work that way? thanks

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry to bother you man and thanks for the help. the sides were getting to much to handle especially the chest pressure . i stopped and everything went back to normal. my question was can i let a loniten pill dissolve under my tongue to mimic the sublingual effect or it won't work that way? thanks
Out of respect to the OP I will DM you so as not to further derail his thread.

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well yeah, to be fair Mr Snow doesn’t have much hair loss, if any at all, and doesn’t even need an extreme treatment
I'm starting to have good results with 5-10mg of oral minoxidil in just over a month.

My fall was extreme, very fast, the shedding ended, I hardly lose any hair anymore

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im starting topical+dermarolling again, i will still continue to take 10mg of oral min but i think i can get better results using both hopefully. My hair is nowhere near as good as i would like even on a pretty strong regimen. I don't seem to respond as well as others, it definitrely works, just not as good as i would like, crown still a disaster. I hate the hassle and was trying to avoid topicals but it needs to be done, ordered 6 month supply of foam.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
does the minoxidil need to be converted to its active metabolite to provoke the unwanted body hair effect? from my experience even dose as low as 0.625 mg cause more side effect than massive dosage of topical ( 8 ml a day)