I was only 15 when it started.

IAmAMachineGun

Reaction score
My story, I'm guessing, is a bit different than most of yours. Growing up I had a full head of hair. It was long, black, thick, and gorgeous. However, when I entered High School, my hair was rapidly starting to fall out, especially in the shower. My hair loss started at the age of 15. By the time I was 17, I had seen my dermatolgist several times to discuss possible treatments. I have been on Rogaine for 3 years now. It is not Woman's Rogaine however, but Men's. High school was extremely difficult for me, as most of you can imagine. Although my hair was not EXTREMELY thin, it was thin enough so that anyone who touched it always said the same thing, 'Wow your hair is so thin!' I hated it. Every picture I took only reminded me of what I was lacking. They made me look as if I had hardly any hair at all. This, I thought, is not supposed to happen to a girl my age. I was growing up and supposed to be having the time of my life, but instead I dreaded every shower, every time I brushed my hair I cringed, and every morning when I woke up to go to school I would almost cry if I found more than a few hairs on my pillow. Painful as it was, especially dealing with the side effects of Rogaine, I continued with my treatment and saw considerable results. I am now 18 years old, and I have come to accept the fact that I may very well be using this product for the rest of my life. I am pleased with the results, but I am looking for a more permanent solution. I can only that I let other young ladies out there dealing with this problem know that they are not alone. Anyone who wishes to discuss my situation further, feel free to contact me. I would be glad to hear from you.