I Wanna Start A Keto Diet But Don't Know Where To Start

g.i joey

Reaction score
can anyone link me to website that basically tells me the dos and donts of keto diets. Specifically a website that will tell me what NOT to eat while on this diet. Thanks

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do Not Eat

• Grains – wheat, corn, rice, cereal, etc.
  • Sugar – honey, agave, maple syrup, etc.
  • Fruit – apples, bananas, oranges, etc.
  • Tubers – potato, yams, etc.
Do Eat

• Meats – fish, beef, lamb, poultry, eggs, etc.
  • Leafy Greens – spinach, kale, etc.
  • Above ground vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
  • High Fat Dairy – hard cheeses, high fat cream, butter, etc.
  • Nuts and seeds – macadamias, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
  • Avocado and berries – raspberries, blackberries, and other low glycemic impact berries
  • Sweeteners – stevia, erythritol, monk fruit, and other low-carb sweeteners >
  • Other fats – coconut oil, high-fat salad dressing, saturated fats, etc.
it's basically just a low carb diet. meat and veggies. that's it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
can anyone link me to website that basically tells me the dos and donts of keto diets. Specifically a website that will tell me what NOT to eat while on this diet. Thanks

"Fung Shweigh inspired by Dr. Jason Fung" facebook group has a lot of keto - eating members.

Here's a good list:
https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/01/03/Keto-Diet-Food-List-What-to-Eat-and-Avoid

IMO, fast for a full 36 hours, then on the second and a few subsequent days stick to meat, eggs, and leafy vegetables. Within a few days you should be in total ketosis and feeling better.

You might get a shed in your hair.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Awesome thanks a lot @buckthorn and @Afro_Vacancy

Do you guys think I should still be counting cals while on this diet or should I stick to portioning each meal and that's it?

Also, I'm guessing I'll have to rearrange my macros, would you know what the distribution would be? Is it 75% fat and 25% protein?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome thanks a lot @buckthorn and @Afro_Vacancy

Do you guys think I should still be counting cals while on this diet or should I stick to portioning each meal and that's it?

Also, I'm guessing I'll have to rearrange my macros, would you know what the distribution would be? Is it 75% fat and 25% protein?

You can have 20-50 grams of carbs a day, it varies based on the person. This allows you to eat green leafy vegetables, and maybe yogurt and berries.

For the rest, if your meals are a meat and a vegetable and you should be ok. Just try it for a few days and see what happens.

What you really do need to know about is keto flu. Are you aware of keto flu?

And why are you doing this?

g.i joey

Reaction score
You can have 20-50 grams of carbs a day, it varies based on the person. This allows you to eat green leafy vegetables, and maybe yogurt and berries.

For the rest, if your meals are a meat and a vegetable and you should be ok. Just try it for a few days and see what happens.

What you really do need to know about is keto flu. Are you aware of keto flu?

And why are you doing this?

I'm definitely gonna give it a shot. Reason for me doing this is cause I gained like 20 pounds over the past 2 months and I've been reading that keto is the way to go for real fat loss.

I never heard about keto flu prior to reading about it earlier today? All I know is that I feel super low energy and never completely full when I don't eat carbs so my main goal is to figure out how to supplement the carbs and get that energy boost while not being hungry 2 hours later

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm definitely gonna give it a shot. Reason for me doing this is cause I gained like 20 pounds over the past 2 months and I've been reading that keto is the way to go for real fat loss.

I never heard about keto flu prior to reading about it earlier today? All I know is that I feel super low energy when I don't eat carbs so my main goal is to figure out how to supplement the carbs with something healthier and still get that energy boost.

Keto flu can last a few days when switching to fat burning, because your body is not used to using fat for energy. You risk being weak, tired, irritable, etc, for a few days.

There's no replacing the carbs. You'll have to give your body time to become fat-adapted.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't forget to drink a ton of water, eat that water. Get one of those 2.2 litre jugs with the large open lid, keep it beside you at work or doing nothing at home, you'll find it's actually not even that hard to get at least 4-5 litres in a day. At work I can drink my first jug of the morning in an hour without really thinking about it.

The lid is more important than the volume though, you just gulp down 3 times more of a mouthful than you'd naturally drink, without really thinking about it.

I started back on keto about a week ago. I'm at least 20 carbs or below but the weekends always break it.

I don't know if this is true but I hear you need to stay consistently in ketosis for at least 3 weeks, maybe up to 6, for the process to actually take hold and start burning fat as a source properly. Because I break the chain even for a day it demotivates me to keep going with it.

Most importantly though I've cut out sugar entirely.

Rahul123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here I am mentioning some typical foods that you can enjoy in your keto diet:
Meat
Fish and seafood
Eggs
Natural fat, high-fat sauces
Vegetables growing above ground (leafy and green items)
High-fat dairy
Nuts
Berries
Plus drink more and more water

Hope these items can help you in maintaining proper keto diet

EleanorRiley

My Regimen
Reaction score
The ketogenic diet is a plan where a person who is overweight is required to avoid carbohydrates as the primary way to lose weight. The primary purpose is to reduce the level of carbs and sugar, which will force your body to use stored fat for energy. This is one of the most effective weight loss meal plans that you can use. The best thing about the keto diet plan is that it does not only help you to lose weight, but it also helps you to remove other toxins in the body in the process. When you want to start this treatment, you should set your own goals that include how much you want to weigh. This will give you the motivation to hit your target and keep you on track toward your goals. You should take photos before and after the treatment because this will enable you to keep track of how far you have gone. So what is ketosis and how does it work? Ketosis is when the body limits carb and sugar intake and survives by burning stored fat which makes you lose weight.

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful and interesting thread here! I would also like to try out some Weight Loss Pills which I think might be really good. What do you think about such stuff? Let me know if you have any tips, please. Thanks!

mariawotters

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest, I am also not very happy with this diet. I have tried different diets and this is one of the worst. I recently read about a low calorie diet on https://betterme.world/articles/800-calorie-diet/ that works great for me. I adore fruits, so they must be in my diet, but the keto diet forbade it. And I also like to eat different cereals, so this is definitely not my diet

Last edited: