I Tried A Hairline Partial Piece Today

Crunch

Reaction score
Wore it for one day and received no adverse looks, even from friends, though I do always wear hats.
Colour match was great, however there was too much density (stock) and knots were hella unbleached which makes it weird looking - the fact if was attached with sticky hair gel did not help.

I plan to rectify these problems with a custom order and try again, I don't know if hair systems are for me yet but I want to absolutely exhaust the possibility.

Noah

Reaction score
It's a perfect colour match, but you need to get those knots bleached. Also, there is something not quite right about your right profile (the last photo). The parting looks odd - a bit toupee-ish. Could you post a photograph with your eyebrows left on (blank out the rest of your features)? It is hard to say precisely what the problem is from that photo.

Still, not at all bad for a first stab.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
generally good result. parting could be down to the hair is attached (direction and knots). If may settle after a few washes. I think 49/50 people would not notice anything

Crunch

Reaction score
Tried bleaching the knots and failed. I've seen that a lot of factories/manufacturers have trouble with 100% bleached knots. I'm going to order blonde hair with very light density and dye it to my colour, in the hope of a super natural hairline look and without red/purple tints. I've seen this done with success at the hairline of a full topper, but i'm still uncertain how to do it with multiple [cut out] partial pieces.

Aside from the knots, I think it looks wiggish because of the density - the partial piece is so much thicker than the rest of my hair. Bear in mind I just roughly cut some hair away with scissors so it's still quite long.
Anyways have uploaded an eyebrow shot and an ugly knot shot.

Attachments

• 20170121_225825.jpg
    20170121_225825.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 436

Noah

Reaction score
Yeah, the density is on the high side, although it looks ok from the front and the non-parted side. I actually think it is also a bit too high up - you could afford to bring your hairline down a bit. But the knots are the main issue. A dyed blond hair piece is the answer.

Crunch

Reaction score
Yeah, the density is on the high side, although it looks ok from the front and the non-parted side. I actually think it is also a bit too high up - you could afford to bring your hairline down a bit. But the knots are the main issue. A dyed blond hair piece is the answer.

Density is silly high, I bought this piece to play around with and cannot understand why systems (especially mens) are made with this density? It's obviously too much and would cost more to make as increase of time and materials.

I had another comment saying it appeared to sit too high on my head, but the front of the system is in line with my last remaining hairline hairs, then artificially recedes into a Norwood 1.5 I would say.

I'm going to place a specific custom order with blonde hair, I'll be sure to update when it arrives.

shookwun

Reaction score
It's a perfect colour match, but you need to get those knots bleached. Also, there is something not quite right about your right profile (the last photo). The parting looks odd - a bit toupee-ish. Could you post a photograph with your eyebrows left on (blank out the rest of your features)? It is hard to say precisely what the problem is from that photo.

Still, not at all bad for a first stab.
It's because he mattes the temples corners down.
that side part on the corner to hide the connection between temples, and temple points.

often a give away for people who wear a hair piece