I stop minoxidil and I advise who want to start

Depression

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, this topic only reveals my personal experience.

I have been using minoxidil for 8 months and I will stop it, the reasons are as follows:

It is a lifelong treatment, when it is stopped we lose all our hair (I'm really scared -_-), at the beginning we say to ourselves "I would do anything for my hair, I would do it until my death "except that it is the theory and that in practice it does not turn out at all like its. You should know that to apply it morning and evening requires a certain organization, more the hair becomes sticky very quickly which is horrible.

Most people using minoxidil get itchy / dandruff. That is my case. If it was only her, her would be fine but the negative effects don't stop there: aging of the skin (cause: collagen?), And dark circles under the eyes and swollen faces. My skin had become horrible when I was only 19 .. what the f***

I wish I had never started minoxidil now I'm scared to see what will happen when I stop. If someone has already quit, will I lose my hair by handfuls, go bald? I became depressed I am nw3-4 at only 19 years old and if it got worse I wouldn't have a future or youth anymore ..

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dark circles and a swollen face can be taken care of with a diuretic. A natural diuretic is dandelion, so maybe try a supplement out. Also, you can use it one time a day. My thinking is that minoxidil in this day and age is a tool you use until something better comes along. It’ll add enough growth and thickness to counter some thinning to keep you in the public eye

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dark circles and a swollen face can be taken care of with a diuretic. A natural diuretic is dandelion, so maybe try a supplement out. Also, you can use it one time a day. My thinking is that minoxidil in this day and age is a tool you use until something better comes along. It’ll add enough growth and thickness to counter some thinning to keep you in the public eye
Have you tried dandelion?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried dandelion?
I haven’t tried a dandelion supplement, no. But I’ve heard anecdotes about its effectiveness as a diuretic. Might be worth a try before trying something like eplerenone.

Trompt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have genetic dark circles,so minoxidil is a no go for me.

ukrmd

My Regimen
Reaction score

I have been using minoxidil for 8 months and I will stop it, the reasons are as follows:

It is a lifelong treatment, when it is stopped we lose all our hair (I'm really scared -_-), at the beginning we say to ourselves "I would do anything for my hair, I would do it until my death "except that it is the theory and that in practice it does not turn out at all like its. You should know that to apply it morning and evening requires a certain organization, more the hair becomes sticky very quickly which is horrible.

Most people using minoxidil get itchy / dandruff. That is my case. If it was only her, her would be fine but the negative effects don't stop there: aging of the skin (cause: collagen?), And dark circles under the eyes and swollen faces. My skin had become horrible when I was only 19 .. what the f***

I wish I had never started minoxidil now I'm scared to see what will happen when I stop. If someone has already quit, will I lose my hair by handfuls, go bald? I became depressed I am nw3-4 at only 19 years old and if it got worse I wouldn't have a future or youth anymore ..
Are you using liquid or foam? Sounds like liquid becuse you mentioned 'sticky' minoxidil liquid has PG in the base and it is known to cause skin reactions for some people. Even medically some people if they inhale the vapour get breathing issues (used in ecigarettes). Ironically its also used in asthma inhalers. Very well used in many cosmetics and medicines but some have adverse reactions

Signs you have a propylene glycol allergy​

1. Your skin will itch, burn, and feel tender
  2. Your scalp may feel dry, and flake
  3. You can develop a red rash on your hairline, ear, or neck
  4. Your skin will feel swollen
  5. The symptoms appear one to two days after you come in contact with the allergen
Now you know why most facial cosmetics say 'patch test first and avoid if you have allergies'

Try Foam ...

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They've been saying that since I joined this forum in 2002 so don't hold your breath.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
They've been saying that since I joined this forum in 2002 so don't hold your breath.
Yeah but I think in terms of the upcoming technology and treatments, we’re in a much better place

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah but I think in terms of the upcoming technology and treatments, we’re in a much better place
Like what? I'm not aware of anything, the only advance in the last 10 years has been approving dutasteride for hair loss, but we've already had that unofficially for years. Even the companies who were investigating hair multiplication gave up.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

did you only noticed dark circles and bloated face or did you also gotmore prononced orehead/undereyes wrinkles? thanks

mr.wfh

My Regimen
Reaction score

If hair is important to you, then keep it no matter what it takes.

It's THAT easy.

mr.wfh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you using liquid or foam? Sounds like liquid becuse you mentioned 'sticky' minoxidil liquid has PG in the base and it is known to cause skin reactions for some people. Even medically some people if they inhale the vapour get breathing issues (used in ecigarettes). Ironically its also used in asthma inhalers. Very well used in many cosmetics and medicines but some have adverse reactions

Signs you have a propylene glycol allergy​

1. Your skin will itch, burn, and feel tender
  2. Your scalp may feel dry, and flake
  3. You can develop a red rash on your hairline, ear, or neck
  4. Your skin will feel swollen
  5. The symptoms appear one to two days after you come in contact with the allergen
Now you know why most facial cosmetics say 'patch test first and avoid if you have allergies'

Try Foam ...

From what I've read, you are just a teenager who fear too far and complain too much.

Your future doesn't, wouldn't and shouldn't lie on your hair.

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not going to make your recession worse, but depending on how well you responded to it, it may appear that way due to all of the minoxidil associated hair shedding at once. its Important to keep it in perspective and understand that your hair is transitioning to the stage it would be in now had you never started minoxidil.

Last edited: