I saw so many significantly balding men with attractive partners today

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Where do you see this? I never see it. I'd love to see for myself and have my mind changed.

Most men bald. If women went after only full headed men they’d quickly run out of prospects.
But that is what is happening. For any given age, the proportion of people who are single and the proportion who are unmarried than in past years.

ImKaratekid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
good thing you went out today. just until now I was sure there are no bald people with girlfriends and wifes.
good news.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you see this? I never see it. I'd love to see for myself and have my mind changed.

But that is what is happening. For any given age, the proportion of people who are single and the proportion who are unmarried than in past years.

Go out and about in Central London, it's everywhere.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you know they met before the guy went bald?
I don’t but it doesn’t really matter. Since they’ll be dating in that same age range and seeing how most men are balding they’ll realize that’s the best they’ll get

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t but it doesn’t really matter. Since they’ll be dating in that same age range and seeing how most men are balding they’ll realize that’s the best they’ll get

Yet you get people like @doubleindemnity who thinks it impossible to get a woman with hairloss?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yet you get people like @doubleindemnity who thinks it impossible to get a woman with hairloss?
That’s him. He probably gets into his own head too much. I’ve realized over the past few years that I’ve seen men with worse hair get better girls. Perfect hair is appreciated but it’s not the determining factor. It’s almost like someone confident enough not to worry about it and act normal is on its own an attractive draw for women. Plus women don’t like guys overly focused on perfection, they like guys who are slightly imperfect

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s him. He probably gets into his own head too much. I’ve realized over the past few years that I’ve seen men with worse hair get better girls. Perfect hair is appreciated but it’s not the determining factor. It’s almost like someone confident enough not to worry about it and act normal is on its own an attractive draw for women. Plus women don’t like guys overly focused on perfection, they like guys who are slightly imperfect
but how do you know what their relationship is like?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what is different about cultures where everyone gets married, and gets married early, like various religious cultures, the Mormons, etc?

I personally strongly doubt that attractiveness plays a dominant, or even secondary role in the declining marriage and birthrates that some societies are experiencing.

Secularization and changes in values are much more likely to be key factors, and there are probably others.

In any case, long-term mating is roughly a barter market. In a society that values long-term mating, and that has a comparable number of women and men, I expect that almost all non-disabled people should be able to find partners.

Very-long-term singlehood is a problem that in my view is almost always related to issues other than attractiveness.
marriage and birth rates have declined because in the past all a man had to do was have a job and he could attract a wife . now women work and dont need a man to support them. so therefore they chose their partner based on looks . the problem is though good looking men wont settle so you have a tonne of single frustrated women waiting for the prince to come back and then a tonne of ugly/average dudes who cant get any.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For your model to work, it seems to me we would need to have a society where almost noone is interested in relationships, and almost everyone is engaged in short-term mating. In such a society, I could imagine that a minority of attractive men could bang all the chicks on a rotation, while less attractive men get nothing.

Our society seems very different from that, because the vast majority of people are interested in long-term relationships of many years. In such a society, we should be looking at roughly a barter market in which people get paired with roughly-equally attractive people.

Is there a hookup culture in which attractive men get most of the action, and average dudes get little? Yes, but let's not exaggerate the extent of it. How many people in our culture don't want a long-term relationship? Very few.

I do agree with you a little bit, in that I think that cultures with stronger monogamy norms should have less of a hookup culture, and therefore it should be easier for men to get paired. So one possibility for men who struggle would be to join such a culture, e.g. to join a religion. As far as I'm concerned, that's a perfectly legitimate solution.

But in any case, I think you are dramatically overstating the phenomenon.
how so?
virginity rates and lack.of sex are at an alm time high accordibg to latest studies

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, sexlessness rates are probably also linked to lots of other factors, like simply the availability of p**rn. I also think that simply the availability of the internet may be important. In our time, a person can spend a large portion of their time online, and never get bored. This reduces how much time people spend socializing, and so forth. Another important factor probably is that people's lifestyles have changed, and people take far longer to settle down.

The decline in sex happened both among men and among women, though it has been more significant among men. So we need a model that explains why both sexes are having less sex.

Does your model explain at least part of why men's sex rates have declined more than women's? Quite plausibly, but it still seems like a small part of the overall phenomenon.

And also, I maintain that in the long run, almost everyone in our society desires a long-term relationship. Sex-starvation of unattractive males due to the hookup-culture, to the extent that the phenomenon exists, probably shouldn't be a problem in the long run.

Maybe it can give you a relatively sexless youth, but in the long run, I maintain that most ablebodied and ableminded people who desire to be paired and have realistic standards will be paired.
how can it not be a problem long term?
Women are riding the c*** carasoul and being pumped and dumped by good looking men. Sure they want a long term relationship but they cant get one because of theyre unrealistic standards. They believe because good looking men have fucked them and want to f*** them that represents their options so why settle for less? then they get older and more desperate and settle for a guy who they know they wont leave. Usually the women is jaded and toxic from.her past experiences. As studies suggest high sexual partners likely to result in greater divorce rates
sure everyone in society wants a long term relationship but modern times means that LTRS are very high risk

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I think perfectionism is overrated and dangerous. It also keeps you from living a normal life. Unfortunately social medial just turbo charged the condition and with that came a rise in depression, anxiety and suicide. I will say this time and time again, it's what comes out of your mouth that matters. Your words can be very powerful.