I saw a messed up episode of the real world

G

I was up 2nite and doing my homework and the tv was on the real world san diego but I wasnt watching. I could hear it though. Then I was just concentrating on my homework and then I heard one of the cast members outside a club arguing with some guy about having a "receding hairline". I was just om gosh did he really just say that. I started watching it immediately and the real world cast member basically got arrested because a guy made fun of him for being drunk and he got pissed and started making fun of the guys receding hairline. Then the drunk cast member gets arrested and tries to clarify to the officers how he just said "I just said his hairline was fading bro, I am 23 and my hairline sucks" .

The guy was really drunk and when you are drunk your true feelings come out. I am sure he wouldn't of done this if he was sober. The real world cast member has pretty good hair but just some thinning at the temples and maybe slight recession thats not even noticeable.

I missed the beggining of the argument and I am not sure if the real world cast member started making fun of some guys receding hairline or if the other guy started making fun of his hairline. If any1 saw it please clarify.

I posted this cause it makes me sad how people are so vien. I thought that I was the only one who would look at peoples hairlines. Watching this episode it seems everyone at the bar analyzes eachothers hairlines. It just pisses me off people are so damn vien.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
Just another realistic reminder of reality. It sucks. Nobody has ever commented on my hairloss because it isn't noticeable........yet. I can't imagine when that day comes. :evil:

Berserk

Reaction score
I hate the Real World. Evey season has a bunch of self-absorbed, lazy, assholes. In real life most people would not comment on someones receding hair (at least I don't think so).

Axon

Reaction score
There's absolutely nothing realisitic about that show any more. My only reason for watching the show during Las Vegas was that fine piece of *** Trishelle.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Axon said:
There's absolutely nothing realisitic about that show any more. My only reason for watching the show during Las Vegas was that fine piece of *** Trishelle.

Wait a minute, are you saying thate every member of that show is completely typecasted?.. get out of here! :)

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
well some of my mates comment on my hair. They normaly say something along the lines of "sh*t dude, you're going bald!". The strange thing is this is what they say every time they notice it, as though I've just lost my hair overnight, it pisses me off. Although a new one the other night was "you're going more bald on the left than the right".

It does suck people noticing it, just as annoying is watching peoples eyes go up to your hairline when they are talking to you.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
YoungGuy17 said:
I heard one of the cast members outside a club arguing with some guy about having a "receding hairline". I was just om gosh did he really just say that.
They were hanging out at a place I go to frequently here in San Diego - PB Bar and Grill. The cast member was drunk, and some idiots (typical of rather shallow, immature southern california club goers) had some juvenile insults to yell which included a comment on the guys hairline. In fact, the whole cast is from out of town and the real southern californian immaturity of the locals really showed through in that episode. Just 10 mins prior some navy idiot insulted the girl for no reason whatsoever, when she was minding her own business too. She turned to punch him on the side of the arm, and 15 mins later he called the police on her, and she was arrested for "battery". She was confused and shocked.

The guy who got insulted for his hairline was then arrested by the police for being "drunk in public" (????!!???!). He was just trying to reply to the people insulting his hair. Again, totally backwards. Im embarrased at how the san diego youth / police force was portrayed in that episode, but its all too accurate.

Southern California is known for having shallow, childish high-school like popularity contest mentalities even into people's 30's. Its all about looks here, money, wealth, power, etc. Its really no different than it was in high school, which is why I liken it to that quite often. How white your teeth are and how thick your hairline is, would never be considered an insult anywhere else I've lived, especially if you're over age 15, but here its one of the first things you'll get made fun of for. I remember walking down that exact street about 1 year ago in that exact location in a group of guys and some idiot actually goes "Nice Shirt!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA" to one of my friends.

Nice shirt? What is this, fashion police?

HairLossTalk.com

bombscience

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Southern California is known for having shallow, childish high-school like popularity contest mentalities even into people's 30's. Its all about looks here, money, wealth, power, etc. Its really no different than it was in high school, which is why I liken it to that quite often. How white your teeth are and how thick your hairline is, would never be considered an insult anywhere else I've lived, especially if you're over age 15, but here its one of the first things you'll get made fun of for. I remember walking down that exact street about 1 year ago in that exact location in a group of guys and some idiot actually goes "Nice Shirt!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA" to one of my friends.

Yeah that's why i will never live in LA and the only reason I would move to San Diego is for the surfing and weather. Although you can find a good amount of fake people in Nor Cal as well, San Francisco has 1/10th the idots that LA does.

Stingray

Reaction score
Which is still more idiots than the rest of the country combined.

Redbone

Reaction score
Reality definition: When I am at my new job and a fellow worker goes up to one of the younger instructors and they chat about the place being stressful and poorly run and all and the trainee says to the guy, "That is why you lost your hair." The instructor was pissed but brushed it off. He is about a NW6 and shaved tight but he looks good.

Why do people make stupid comments like that? Don't they realize thinining guys are sensitive about that sh*t? I guarantee he is on that trainers sh*t list. Incidentally the trainee was about 55 with a full head of thick hair.

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
PB Bar & Grill is in the heart of PB right off Grand (I think?) which is basically a college town. All the kids live and hang out right there and I dont think ive ever seen anyone past their 30's in that area. You can go there on any given weekend and find bar fights, street fights, cops all over and they even set up a DUI center just down the road from there.

Ive lived in San Diego all my life and I dont think the people here are any more shallow then in other parts of the country, there's just more of them here. It has alot to do with what kind of people you hang out with and where you go. If you go out looking for trouble, it will find you, no doubt. If that episode of Real World was filmed at On Broadway, which is an up scale club in Gaslamp (downtown SD) then I doubt any of that bs would of happened.

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going to see if it is on soon. They are running episode re-runs right now, and I bet the one you are talking about is on at 3:30 here in Cali.

Stingray

Reaction score
That same episode has been on for 2 weeks.

G

Man that episode was shocking to me. I couldn't believe there where people that would do something like that. I can't believe how shallow those guys where. The cast member got so pissed off and was about to beat the sh*t outta the guy. (If some1 said that 2 me I would beat the f*****g sh*t outta him 2).

Can some1 tell me exactly what happened. Cause I saw when the cast member in the cop car saying "I just said his hairline was fading".

I think the san diego guy said to him "Sorry about your hairline" and the cast member got pissed off and started making fun of him back cause his hairline was receding 2 then he got arrested for it. I think the san diego guy was just making fun of the real world cast members hair 2 make himself feel better about his receding hairline. How messed up.

I got really pissed off watching it cause the real world cast member had good hair. If I saw him in public I probley wouldn't of noticed. He has slight recession thats not even noticeable and he gets made fun of 4 it. That just shows how shallow people are.

G

HairLossTalk.com- I know i was shocked they arrested the girl. What kind of cops do they have in san diego. She didn't do anything and gets provoked and she gets arrested. The guy that got hit was such a b**ch. He makes fun of her, she hits him lightley, and he calls the cops. Poor baby. What a pussy. He serously needs to get knocked out. If she was my friend and I was there with her I woulda beat the sh*t outta that guy.

Hair loss really helped me a lot on how I look at people. I really dont judge people by their looks anymore. Sad 2 see how people can be.

G

Axon- My sister went to the palms like a month after they finished filming the show. She met the whole las vegas cast at the ghost bar. I got pictures with my sister, trishelle, and steven. My sister has stevens phone number and he called my sister like 2 times on her cell but she didn't call him cause he lives in LA. Trishelle is really nice but she sleeps with everyone.

Hairless Potter

Established Member
Reaction score
Redbone said:
Reality definition: When I am at my new job and a fellow worker goes up to one of the younger instructors and they chat about the place being stressful and poorly run and all and the trainee says to the guy, "That is why you lost your hair." The instructor was pissed but brushed it off. He is about a NW6 and shaved tight but he looks good.

Why do people make stupid comments like that? Don't they realize thinining guys are sensitive about that sh*t? I guarantee he is on that trainers sh*t list. Incidentally the trainee was about 55 with a full head of thick hair.

Unfortunately many people boost their fragile self esteem by taking pot shots at others. Baldness is an easy mark, its obvious, so it requires little insight create a fun zinger. Plus no one knows how much going bald can dampen your personal image unless they go through it themselves. I hope the guy in your story learns about loss.

Redbone

Reaction score
It was f*****g crazy the young instructor was chatting with us on a break and the guys drops a bomb on him about loosing his hair. I was like damn what a shot you layed on him, because I know what it feels like.

Obviously this guy was ignorant and you could see the instructor was clearly upset. This guy was just being stupid I guess and the motherfucker has a thick head of hair like Pierce Brosnan so I think he will never experience the joy of hairloss.

Some people suck!