I Recently Shaved My Head...(Norwood Advice Etc)

hairforceita

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey man, how is going with ladies? i tried to shave my head due my hairloss but i noticed most girls (i'm 27) hated that, they pref me with long hair evend if balding (i had a decent number of hair to cover bald spots)

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks better clean shaven. I would say the bald and bearded combo suits you well, you are lucky

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair requires sebum for moisture. Sebum requires hair to aborb into. When someone buzzes down their hair there is suddenly no hair to absorb into, but still the same amount of sebum being produced, the sebum builds up on scalp and clogs pores, accelerating hairloss.

I have known countless people who had diffuse or partially receding hair for many years, hairloss was stable but then once they decided to shave or buzz down they lost a lot more coverage and head is far more shiny. They then can't grown back to where they were before buzzing down. No way back, apart from a transplant (or possibly deeply exfoliating your entire scalp)

You could have hairloss which is just about manageable for years but once you shave down there is rarely a way back.

Last edited:

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair requires sebum for moisture. Sebum requires hair to aborb into. When someone buzzes down their hair there is suddenly no hair to absorb into, but still the same amount of sebum being produced, the sebum builds up on scalp and clogs pores, accelerating hairloss.

I have known countless people who had diffuse or partially receding hair for many years, hairloss was stable but then once they decided to shave or buzz down they lost a lot more coverage and head is far more shiny. They then can't grown back to where they were before buzzing down. No way back, apart from a transplant (or possibly deeply exfoliating your entire scalp)

You could have hairloss which is just about manageable for years but once you shave down there is rarely a way back.
BS. with a shaved head it's easier to apply topicals and see what you're doing if you derma needle.