Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Caused a Shed, but shed grew back at least to baseline

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im done rogaine has fucked my temples and with close inspection their is no sign of anything positive. I cant believe how bad this fucked my hair. Im cutting my loses on this crap. Ive used 1/4 of a one month can over 2 months maybe ive used to little and its just screwing things up. Everywhere i apply it looks as bad as it could possibly look so any further shed of said area wont matter. This sucks, i want to die. My hair was doing great and i ruined it. f*** rogaine! Dont use for minor hair loss ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think ive just used to little, seriously. Im using a tiny sliver once a day and im not willing to up the dose and nothing good is coming from this. I think the amount was enough to throw things off but not enough for growth. Im basically rubbing butane and propane and whatever other toxic sh*t is in rogaine foam along with the smallest amount of minoxidil ever and its just killing my hair. No lil vellus hairs nothing just thinner and thinner hair. God i wish i could go back just 2 months. Im stopping before i cause more damage

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok i was trippin this morning lol my posts are kinda funny now... This does suck though. Minoxidil scares the crap out of me. It seems it can cause drastic loss quickly and gotta "Wait it out" And hope it doesnt get worse at the same time you hope it gets better. I caved and applied my lil dose on each temple, hoping this is just dread shed again... For now. This is almost the worst part, if i keep using it does it maybe worsen? If i just quit after 2 months does it worsen? Am i just experiencing the totally normal dread shed at 2 months and my hair is actually responding well and will totally come back or even better?? Just, AAAHHHHHH!!!!

Last edited:

Aldrich

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok i was trippin this morning lol my posts are kinda funny now... This does suck though. Minoxidil scares the crap out of me. It seems it can cause drastic loss quickly and gotta "Wait it out" And hope it doesnt get worse at the same time you hope it gets better. I caved and applied my lil dose on each temple, hoping this is just dread shed again... For now. This is almost the worst part, if i keep using it does it maybe worsen? If i just quit after 2 months does it worsen? Am i just experiencing the totally normal dread shed at 2 months and my hair is actually responding well and will totally come back or even better?? Just, AAAHHHHHH!!!!

When you start, shedding is a good sign because new hairs push out the old ones. But, hair growth is a slow process and you're going to have to wait before you can see and touch the results. However, the shedding won't stop. Minoxodil supposedly force hair cycles to sync, which gives the illusion of more hair. You will always be shedding (more or less) with minoxidil, but it will show less when the initial results have fully grown. Get your vacuum cleaner ready...

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you start, shedding is a good sign because new hairs push out the old ones. But, hair growth is a slow process and you're going to have to wait before you can see and touch the results. However, the shedding won't stop. Minoxodil supposedly force hair cycles to sync, which gives the illusion of more hair. You will always be shedding (more or less) with minoxidil, but it will show less when the initial results have fully grown. Get your vacuum cleaner ready...
im just terrified i made a HUGE mistake, my hair was doing awesome from finasteride and im a norwood 1.5. There's no reason my lost hair from rogaine wont grow back right? Im shedding hair because im an awesome responder right?? Oh f*** me :( 2 week temporary shedding the insert says... Thats the most misleading understatement of the year

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And is this normal? Im not seeing the shed in the shower or when i style my hair. There's not hairs falling everywhere at all, just right where i apply rogaine my hair is extremely thinner, scalp showing wispy hair looking f*ck of an area! Why god?! why?? LOL, kinda

Aldrich

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And is this normal? Im not seeing the shed in the shower or when i style my hair. There's not hairs falling everywhere at all, just right where i apply rogaine my hair is extremely thinner, scalp showing wispy hair looking f*ck of an area! Why god?! why?? LOL, kinda

Relax bruh. You're supposed to shed after taking minoxidil. It means that it's working. The shitty part is that the result isn't instant. You gotta give it a few months before you see anything. Google how fast hair grows. It's not particularly fast.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Relax bruh. You're supposed to shed after taking minoxidil. It means that it's working. The shitty part is that the result isn't instant. You gotta give it a few months before you see anything. Google how fast hair grows. It's not particularly fast.
i know, i really do. ive researched everything hair loss for 2 years and id probably tell someone else the exact thing you wrote. But its me and its happening to my hair! The real suck *** thing is my hair is idk 6-7 inches long and straight. So if the 2 corners just vanish over night, wow it really enhances the look of the shed. And mind you, i use a pea sized amount on each temple once a day... Never in my wildest dreams did i imagine a shed like this...

Last edited:

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To save my hair and sanity... I think i have to kill my hair :( clippers have never been my friend, im a scissor cut kind of guy but minoxidil has made it so. Break out the 2 guard i guess

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Apply the recommended 1 mL twice daily and wait at least 4 months. GOD DAMMIT.

It really isn't that complicated ;)

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
To save my hair and sanity... I think i have to kill my hair :( clippers have never been my friend, im a scissor cut kind of guy but minoxidil has made it so. Break out the 2 guard i guess

Bruh, just 2 guard it and use toppik to cover your hairline. use a straight razor or w/e and create the sharp hairline. You will thank me later

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
damn man the exact same thing is happening to me . i used propecia to maintain my Norwood 1,5 hairline , and i was greedy and add minoxidil on the temple 6 month ago , i took a shed and didnt recover yet , i'm way worse than baseline , i hope i will recover

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
damn man the exact same thing is happening to me . i used propecia to maintain my Norwood 1,5 hairline , and i was greedy and add minoxidil on the temple 6 month ago , i took a shed and didnt recover yet , i'm way worse than baseline , i hope i will recover
my point, right here! minoxidil is scary and should come with a real warning about hair loss. Not "an increase in shedding may occur for up to two weeks" for me now Finasteride is the side effect free hair loss treatment and so far minoxidil is a mistake. Use extreme caution on temples or hair line if you have minor hair loss up front. I really wish i re read the minoxidil horror stories. I just figured it was just overblown like finasteride sides but i guess not

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apply the recommended 1 mL twice daily and wait at least 4 months. GOD DAMMIT.

It really isn't that complicated ;)
i know what your saying, but im really scared what this might do to my hair. Im gonna give it the 4-6 months trial but im only applying a very small amount once a day. Once the "Shed" grows back i wont be so hard on rogaine and MAYBE ill use more sometime in the future

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you know for me i shed al my miniaturized hair at the temple and some other thick hair behind . Now i don't lose hair anymore but the regrown hair are thin and wispy , its a strange aspect and i regret having tried minoxidil .
Now i will have to stick with it . And i know that it is affecting my hair because ive got a lot of unwanted hair everywhere even on the forehead .
I'm really dispointed by minoxidil , and the regrowth , i should have tried duta instead. Ive been too greedy and im paying the price.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and never apply minoxidil to your healthy hair, cause the will shed and regrow as minoxidil wispy hair

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
and never apply minoxidil to your healthy hair, cause the will shed and regrow as minoxidil wispy hair
That's not something that actually happens. Well the first part maybe, but minoxidil doesn't make health terminal hairs into wispy vellus hairs. There's no evidence that minoxidil has any affect on healthy hair at all besides the initial she's.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not something that actually happens. Well the first part maybe, but minoxidil doesn't make health terminal hairs into wispy vellus hairs. There's no evidence that minoxidil has any affect on healthy hair at all besides the initial she's.
hey man, im about a lil over 2 months into applying rogaine foam once a day at my temples only. Did your hair look noticeably worse around the 2/3 month mark? Im really kinda bummed and worried i made a huge mistake.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you know for me i shed al my miniaturized hair at the temple and some other thick hair behind . Now i don't lose hair anymore but the regrown hair are thin and wispy , its a strange aspect and i regret having tried minoxidil .
Now i will have to stick with it . And i know that it is affecting my hair because ive got a lot of unwanted hair everywhere even on the forehead .
I'm really dispointed by minoxidil , and the regrowth , i should have tried duta instead. Ive been too greedy and im paying the price.
i was reading some of your posts earlier from a minoxidil thread you made, i gotta say im with ya at this point. This stuff scares me and i do wish i never started bc now im scared to stop...

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey man, im about a lil over 2 months into applying rogaine foam once a day at my temples only. Did your hair look noticeably worse around the 2/3 month mark? Im really kinda bummed and worried i made a huge mistake.

Yes my hair looked worse at 2 months. Returned to baseline in the third month, but it can take longer. Was above baseline around the 4th-5th month.