Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Caused a Shed, but shed grew back at least to baseline

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes my hair looked worse at 2 months. Returned to baseline in the third month, but it can take longer. Was above baseline around the 4th-5th month.
hey thanks man. I need to hear stuff like that so i stop worrying. I might be seeing a tiny tiny bit of improvement today... Lets hope my hair follows your timeline :)

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey thanks man. I need to hear stuff like that so i stop worrying. I might be seeing a tiny tiny bit of improvement today... Lets hope my hair follows your timeline :)
Everyone says it, you just aren't paying attention/panicking. Everybody is worse in the second month, most people recover in the third month then improve in the 4th month. That's the standard minoxidil response if it has any affect at all

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone says it, you just aren't paying attention/panicking. Everybody is worse in the second month, most people recover in the third month then improve in the 4th month. That's the standard minoxidil response if it has any affect at all
i mean it makes sense. My hair is doing exactly what is supposed to do. It was stable and its only shed right where i apply rogaine. Im just scared of the People saying "i thought it was the shed but it never grew back" i guess i just didn't expect or was prepared for how much it shed is all

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone here tried tricommin? Thats one i dont know much about. Is that copper peptides? Ive read a lil about c.p. in the past

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Sonicblu650 - Perhaps you could post a picture of your current temple situation and also one the captures your scalp ?

I have a few questions for you. Why don't you just use minoxidil for your entire scalp anyway ?
If you insist on using minoxidil on your temples, perhaps use the full recommended dose for them and not just a tiny bit.
I'm currently 1 month into minoxidil foam after dropping liquid minoxidil and taking a break from it, I use about a full cap each application. I think I'm starting to shed now which I guess is a good sign and I'm planning to give minoxidil at least half a year.
I'll be switching tho to oral minoxidil 10mg very soon and keep using my foam supply till I run out. I know I'm a good responder to minoxidil, I've had good results with minoxidil until it started making me itch like hell, and now the foam itches a lot less than the liquid, but still does.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Sonicblu650 - Perhaps you could post a picture of your current temple situation and also one the captures your scalp ?

I have a few questions for you. Why don't you just use minoxidil for your entire scalp anyway ?
If you insist on using minoxidil on your temples, perhaps use the full recommended dose for them and not just a tiny bit.
I'm currently 1 month into minoxidil foam after dropping liquid minoxidil and taking a break from it, I use about a full cap each application. I think I'm starting to shed now which I guess is a good sign and I'm planning to give minoxidil at least half a year.
I'll be switching tho to oral minoxidil 10mg very soon and keep using my foam supply till I run out. I know I'm a good responder to minoxidil, I've had good results with minoxidil until it started making me itch like hell, and now the foam itches a lot less than the liquid, but still does.
id love to post a picture but i dont have a smart phone(Idk they annoy me and i dont want to have to be responsible for a $600 Computer at all times) or a web cam lol this site is my only "Social media" But yeah i thought about borrowing a phone to do so. I use rogaine the way I do because thats the only place i have miniaturization. Im a norwood 1.5 at age 34 and on proscar. Ive always stayed away from minoxidil bc of fear of shed and hair dependencey on it. I feel the small amount i use hits the "target" area Without getting any to very minimal on my healthy hair. When i started i thought ill use this tiny amount at Best ill get a lil boost at the temples at worst nothing will happen. Well i still got the normal shed... I wasn't prepared for it, lol but the good news about this is minoxidil seems to do its thing with a very small amount and once a day, at least for me. A one month can will last me 5-6 months lol as long as the shed goes back at least to baseline im ok w everything...

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes i'm on proscar 5 mg right now
i use proscar too, cant beat it imo. Brand name and cheap and after you cut em once or twice it takes 5 seconds. I hope your rogaine situation improves. I think maybe, just maybe my right temple is starting to grow in, it doesn't look as see through at the tiny area, here' s hoping! For the both of us

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: Shed growing back at 3 months and only applying 1 time daily. I was trippin about the shed, now if it continues what its doing ill be changing my screen name to "norwood nada" lol, jk.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im sorry if i did spread fear towards using minoxidil on temples or hairline. That shed was unexpected(i knew it could happen, just didn't expect that much) . Using a pea sized spot treatment on each temple seems to work for me, and a one month rogaine can has already lasted me 3 months and its still half full!

Last edited:

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes i'm on proscar 5 mg right now

Did you ever recover?? I'm in the exact same position, 6 months and my hair is so much worse! Especially my hairline which is where I apply most of the minoxidil. It's really horrible the amount of density I lost !!!