I Never Seen A Hair System Look This Bad, Where In 2018

Steve Marz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Next week my big week of getting my hair system and I was horrified when I saw this bald man and his hair system.

I am hoping my system does not look this bad because I rather stay bald then. I mostly see good ones. This one is not good.

However I do like this guys Systems as to me it looks very good, especially on him

Opinions

Last edited:

NYCHairGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My opinion: the guy in the top video has a too-dense, too-dark system that's "given away" by both his age and his beard. The cut is also wildly unflattering. If you look at his older videos, he's had a slightly better cut in the past. He still looks like he's wearing an obvious wig, but at least it's a more flattering wig...

NYCHairGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Uhg, I think both look bad. This is making me second guess getting fake hair.

Why? Because there are guys with fake-looking pieces? I'm still a newbie with all of this, but based on what I've seen online, choosing the right density/color/cut is absolutely critical. Guys who get it right end up looking pretty amazing IMO. But there are always going to be others who choose wrong. I think their photos and videos serve as cautionary warnings about what not to do.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why? Because there are guys with fake-looking pieces? I'm still a newbie with all of this, but based on what I've seen online, choosing the right density/color/cut is absolutely critical. Guys who get it right end up looking pretty amazing IMO. But there are always going to be others who choose wrong. I think their photos and videos serve as cautionary warnings about what not to do.
Idk, why shouldn't I think I'll be one of the guys that will get it wrong. Also my real hat was crazy thick up till about a year or two ago. Idk, maybe if I got hair that looked like my real hair it would look fake.

Noah

Reaction score
There are a ton of awful-looking hair systems on YouTube, especially (though not exclusively) from India and South America. But if you choose a good supplier and an age-appropriate density, believe me, you can achieve an attractive and undetectable result. But it does require self-restraint on the density, and some artistic judgement, either on your part or your stylist's.