I Need Desperate Advice, Anyone Please?

Apples123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride and Min for 7 Months now,

I was happy about a month ago things seemed to be getting better then bam. Shedding like crazy, but only in the spot where I apply minoxidil.

All the thin hairs that grew have fallen out. My hair looks horrible. I’m at a Norwood. 2.5 - 3

Been shedding pretty heavily 150+ hairs for about 3 weeks now.

I need some advice. This is my first REAL shed. I never shed before because I had a buzz cut so I couldn’t really tell.

Do I wait it out? Can anyone help me or give me any sort of advice/assurance

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Finasteride and Min for 7 Months now,

I was happy about a month ago things seemed to be getting better then bam. Shedding like crazy, but only in the spot where I apply minoxidil.

All the thin hairs that grew have fallen out. My hair looks horrible. I’m at a Norwood. 2.5 - 3

Been shedding pretty heavily 150+ hairs for about 3 weeks now.

I need some advice. This is my first REAL shed. I never shed before because I had a buzz cut so I couldn’t really tell.

Do I wait it out? Can anyone help me or give me any sort of advice/assurance
Wait it out. If you read most of the posts on this forum or others, a huge shed seems to start anywhere between 6 to 8 months when people are using finasteride and minoxidil. Minoxidil usually triggers it sooner. Give it at least 2 years to know for certain as your hair needs to cycle a few times to normalize itself after you introduce finasteride and minoxidil to your system.