My Regimen
Reaction score
149DDE99-ED10-4B43-97C4-2D581726DB16.jpeg
AE4E05C2-09BD-4C21-9219-337060EE458F.jpeg
BD9673EA-F7A7-4310-AF37-731DF4FDC025.jpeg
5D8BFC99-B2D4-4D46-BFF4-21CF3A153637.jpeg
444BE45B-EFA2-4737-AF0B-02466336864A.jpeg
E7D1B2F9-BF95-426F-9A3C-C373BBE24B55.jpeg
I’m going to preface this post by saying that this is a follow up to my post from about a year and a half ago: https://m.imgur.com/a/mvFYb

It would probably help you a lot if you referred back to that.

I will also add that I used to put egg masks on my hair (up until about 6 months after the first post), but I had an excessive amount of egg and oil buildup removed during a haircut which has made me anxious about starting it again. My hair routine consists of shampooing and conditioning every 2-3 days, but both products (sadly) contain sulfates. My dad is bald (he is 72) and my 22 y/o brother is like a Norwood 3/4.

Basically, I would just really apprciate some advice: whether or not I’m currently going bald, measures I could take to curb it if I were going bald, whether or not restarting egg masks would be beneficial, etc.

Another thing to keep in mind is that I got a haircut (1.5 inches all around) just under two weeks ago. My hair was also really, really dry and flat today (so better washing tips might also help). Thanks!

Charlie Foxtrot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks fine. Just big forehead.

I’d say he’s clearly receding!

I thought I was balding young with 21 years old, but seeing a 16 y/o with hair loss problems is just fucked up man!

I’m not that experienced with everything and except for giving minoxidil a try I don’t know what to advice you. Starting an antiandrogen might not be a good idea since your body is still developing.

For now maybe try to maintain with nizoral and minoxidil? I don’t know man, I hope someone can give you decent advice. Good luck mate!

younghairquestioner

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d say he’s clearly receding!

I thought I was balding young with 21 years old, but seeing a 16 y/o with hair loss problems is just fucked up man!

I’m not that experienced with everything and except for giving minoxidil a try I don’t know what to advice you. Starting an antiandrogen might not be a good idea since your body is still developing.

For now maybe try to maintain with nizoral and minoxidil? I don’t know man, I hope someone can give you decent advice. Good luck mate!
Thanks for the advice. I haven’t really looked into finasteride or rogaine, so any information regarding those two things would be very beneficial. If they mostly just surpress the DHT, I’m not sure what the big problem would be? Evidently I have an excessive amount of it if I’m experiencing hairloss at 16. Another thing: do you think it would be worthwhile to go to a dermetologist, just to have a somewhat professional assessment? Thank you once again.

younghairquestioner

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't have to have an excess amount of Dht, your hair just has to be sensitive to the affects of Dht; for miniaturization to occur.
Oh, okay. Are there alternatives to medicine that I could do that would help styme the hairloss? I’m about 6’3 200 lb and I play basketball so I’m moderately active and fit and I eat decently.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, okay. Are there alternatives to medicine that I could do that would help styme the hairloss? I’m about 6’3 200 lb and I play basketball so I’m moderately active and fit and I eat decently.
Not really dude, other than hope for trinov (Brotzu lotion) to be effective for users; it was just released on the 10th. We have to wait 3- 6months to see if it yields worthwhile results; does come at a steep price though.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 106651 View attachment 106652 View attachment 106653 View attachment 106654 View attachment 106655 View attachment 106656 I’m going to preface this post by saying that this is a follow up to my post from about a year and a half ago: https://m.imgur.com/a/mvFYb

It would probably help you a lot if you referred back to that.

I will also add that I used to put egg masks on my hair (up until about 6 months after the first post), but I had an excessive amount of egg and oil buildup removed during a haircut which has made me anxious about starting it again. My hair routine consists of shampooing and conditioning every 2-3 days, but both products (sadly) contain sulfates. My dad is bald (he is 72) and my 22 y/o brother is like a Norwood 3/4.

Basically, I would just really apprciate some advice: whether or not I’m currently going bald, measures I could take to curb it if I were going bald, whether or not restarting egg masks would be beneficial, etc.

Another thing to keep in mind is that I got a haircut (1.5 inches all around) just under two weeks ago. My hair was also really, really dry and flat today (so better washing tips might also help). Thanks!
I can't give advice on if you're going bald or not, but when it comes to the 'really dry and flat' issue, you should invest in good products. Personally, I use high-end shampoos, conditioners, leave-in-treatments, styling products and ionic styling tools to give my hair a high-shine healthy look, whilst having bounce and volume. (Although, nothing can mask how disastrously thin my hair is!)

younghairquestioner

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't give advice on if you're going bald or not, but when it comes to the 'really dry and flat' issue, you should invest in good products. Personally, I use high-end shampoos, conditioners, leave-in-treatments, styling products and ionic styling tools to give my hair a high-shine healthy look, whilst having bounce and volume. (Although, nothing can mask how disastrously thin my hair is!)
I would really like to invest in stuff like that but my parents buy all of those products. Do you have links to some of the stuff you’ve purchased?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your brother is nw3/4 at 21 and your dad is bald at 72 but when did your dad go bald? Im assuming he went bald at a very young age too right. You just have agressive balding genetics unfortunately. Best thing to do now is to use minoxidil and nizorol shampoo and then wait 5 more years before considering finasteride.

younghairquestioner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your brother is nw3/4 at 21 and your dad is bald at 72 but when did your dad go bald? Im assuming he went bald at a very young age too right. You just have agressive balding genetics unfortunately. Best thing to do now is to use minoxidil and nizorol shampoo and then wait 5 more years before considering finasteride.
I think my dad started balding much later than my brother. I’ve seen pictures from his Vietnam War enlistment photos and he had a mature hairline but good density and it was pretty straight. I think he probably went bald in his 30s. Where would you recommend buying nizoral shampoo? Thanks!

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would really like to invest in stuff like that but my parents buy all of those products. Do you have links to some of the stuff you’ve purchased?
Yes, I'll provide some links.

https://briogeohair.com/collections...nt-despair-repair-super-moisture-shampoo-16oz (This shampoo is great, and contains no sulphates or silicones; the brands story is also something you should read into, for a better insight)

https://www.oribe.com/signature-condtioner.html (This conditioner is great, and it also contains no silicones. Although, I feel like there are better conditioners out there, so I'm going to stay on the look-out.)

https://www.oribe.com/gold-lust-hair-oil.html (This is a leave-in treatment, which you put into your hair whilst it's damp. I then follow up with blow drying my hair. Personally, I love this because I have noticed a difference in the condition of my hair)

I do use other products too, but those are just extras depending if I was extra shine, or extra volume.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does look like it has got a little worse but its not the same angles as the baseline pics so hard to say for sure.. Its not bad at all yet but being only 16 you may be shaving by 21. I'd think about finasteride, although its not legally given to anyone under 18. If you feel you've grown to your full height and your dick is at least average sized I would go for it if you researched it properly. Side effects, ect.

younghairquestioner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does look like it has got a little worse but its not the same angles as the baseline pics so hard to say for sure.. Its not bad at all yet but being only 16 you may be shaving by 21. I'd think about finasteride, although its not legally given to anyone under 18. If you feel you've grown to your full height and your dick is at least average sized I would go for it if you researched it properly. Side effects, ect.
Yeah, I mean I probably will grow like another inch and stuff but I’m pretty much done with puberty I would say. I’ll be able to grow a big beard (my dad says he could grow one like David Lettermen if he wanted, but obviously not as scraggly) eventually so I’m fine with shaving eventually in college or immediately afterwards. I’m more concerned about in high school and maybe the first year of college. Thanks

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
START DERMAROLLING NOW.

and minoxidil.

don't go anywhere near antiandrogens

gcata

My Regimen
Reaction score
i was worried i was going bald in my late teens, im now 30 and still have a decent amount, and only recently started preventative treatment (big 3). Based your pics you have naturally thinner hair like myself , although i find your recent pics somewhat concerning the quality isnt the best and your age is typically not when anyone would start . I dont think seeing a derm could hurt .

younghairquestioner

My Regimen
Reaction score
i was worried i was going bald in my late teens, im now 30 and still have a decent amount, and only recently started preventative treatment (big 3). Based your pics you have naturally thinner hair like myself , although i find your recent pics somewhat concerning the quality isnt the best and your age is typically not when anyone would start . I dont think seeing a derm could hurt .
Yeah, I’ve always had pretty fine hair.