I Made A Mistake Getting A System... Help!

Froob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got a hair lace system just over a week ago and I hate it, but now all my hair has been shaved I feel like im stuck with it. Has anyone had any success of using a hair system ontop of natural hair? I want to grow my natural hair back (aided my propecia and regaine).

Any ideas or advice appreciated.

Thanks

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got a hair lace system just over a week ago and I hate it, but now all my hair has been shaved I feel like im stuck with it. Has anyone had any success of using a hair system ontop of natural hair? I want to grow my natural hair back (aided my propecia and regaine).

Any ideas or advice appreciated.

Thanks

Take propecia, minoxidil and nizoral 2% and then get a transplant.

Froob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Take propecia, minoxidil and nizoral 2% and then get a transplant.

I did have a transplant but it was more the density I lacked, havent tried propecia so worth a shot. My issue is I want to wear the lace system while I grow my old hair out.

Any ideas on how to do it?

Froob

My Regimen
Reaction score
What don’t you like about it?

I find it really uncomfortable, sometimes a bit itchy and a sore feeling, it might be the way it was bonded on (tape all over the lace with glue applied on top)...

If I lie down ect it feels like its pushing my scalp.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did have a transplant but it was more the density I lacked, havent tried propecia so worth a shot. My issue is I want to wear the lace system while I grow my old hair out.

Any ideas on how to do it?

Which doctor? Pics?

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Froob - sorry to hear about your problem. That sounds like a pretty odd kind of attachment. A lace system by itself would not be itchy or sore - it is the attachment which is causing that. It might be worth going to a different salon to see if they can do a more comfortable one? A product like scalp protector can prevent your scalp from being irritated by the adhesives if it is sensitive.

But if you have definitely decided that a system is not for you, sure, you can grow your hair a bit while you are still wearing a lace system. The hair will just poke through the holes in the lace mesh. You can at least get it to the point of heavy stubble without it being noticeable. Just play it by ear - keep the system on as long as you can, and then when you feel it is starting to become noticeable, buzz your sides down to match the stubble you have been able to grow. The thing you need to watch is that you don't damage your growing hair by pulling on it with strong adhesives. That is not an issue if you are shaved, but once you start to regrow your hair you have to be careful. I would try using Got2BGlued hairgel as your adhesive, so you can just wash the adhesive off in the shower. If you don't have any growing hair under the hair system hairline, you can still use hairpiece tape or glue for there.

Froob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the indepth description Noah. I have brought some got2be glued so will give that a try once i can get my system off. Speaking of which, my lace release hasnt turned up yet. Is there any off the shelf high street products that I could use to remove the lace?

Thanks

Noah

Reaction score
Yes, you can use isopropyl alcohol (surgical spirit) - ideally 99% pure - which you can usually buy from a local pharmacy or DIY store. It works just as well.

Froob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you can use isopropyl alcohol (surgical spirit) - ideally 99% pure - which you can usually buy from a local pharmacy or DIY store. It works just as well.

Thanks @Noah do I just spray it into the hair system base? My only concern is that its literally layered like:

Lace system
Tape all over the base
Glue all over the base

Noah

Reaction score
Get something to keep the solvent out of your eyes, like a tennis sweat band. Put the alcohol in a bottle with a thin nozzle (like a squeezable ketchup or mustard bottle). Then squeeze the alcohol on the lace, aiming to soak the lace, but get as little alcohol as possible on the hair shafts. Then let the alcohol soak in for 5 minutes and do its stuff. Then gently pull up the front hairline, which should come away with little resistance. If it is still firm, put on more alcohol and wait. Once the front starts to come off, you may need to add more alcohol under the tape bit by bit to get the whole thing off. Once it is all off, place the whole unit base side down in a shallow plate of alcohol to soak the old tape and glue off. Leave it till the tape comes off easily. Again, try to keep the hair out of the alcohol as much as possible, so that just the base is getting soaked.