I m balding?

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Closer dude, WE need to see if there IS miniaturisation + take the crown
If you can't tell if he is balding with these pictures dont comment at all. His temples are gone at age 18. Its male pattern baldness and advancing fast.

Notdifferent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can't tell if he is balding with these pictures dont comment at all. His temples are gone at age 18. Its male pattern baldness and advancing fast.
You're the one who shouldn't be commenting. There are people who never had hair on temples just like in OPs pic. This is why this place is just fucked sometimes.

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're the one who shouldn't be commenting. There are people who never had hair on temples just like in OPs pic. This is why this place is just fucked sometimes.
true, I've never had full temples since the day I was born.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not saying that there's no hair loss, I'm saying that I don't know and you don't either because you don't have enough information or past pictures of his to assess this. All you can do is guess.
All im saying is you don't need 30 different photos to clarify that he has hair loss. The photo clearly shows he has miniaturized hairs and his temples are clearly receded. There is no way someone born with that kind of hairline. He wouldn't open this thread if this is his original hairline.

Ascodel

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was looking way better and healthier. This photo shows no hair loss, you've lost some hairs past 1 year unfortunately. Im not saying you will be bald but its not looking good for 18 year old.
So, from what i was reading here.
The best option is minoxidil?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say there is some hair loss, but it isn't something I would call aggressive at this point. It looks like you are in the very early stages of what Elon Musk had, where you might not go completely bald but you might lose a lot up front over the next few years. In order to prevent progression you should consider some form of treatment soon. How is your crown?

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Completely agree with you mate. People here seem to be adamant that if you have bitemporal recession in late teens/early 20s your destined for norwood 6/7. In reality as long as your remaining hair has uniform density - it is very possible the person is developing a mature hairline. Baldness in it's true sense can only be diagnosed when there is thinning in the crown or more than an inch behind the leading edge of hairline.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think people here know what balding means. Its a process of hair loss right ? And the last stage of it becoming completely bald.

I already said that he might not end up being bald. But does that mean he is not balding ? He is losing hair, he already has bald temples. That's balding.

Do we really have to discuss this pointless argument just so i pointed out that the first picture was already enough to see that he has hair loss ? This is not just mature hair crap.

Look at the hair at the front. Look how sparse, unhealthy it is. And there are clearly a lot of miniaturized hairs. This guy is heading towards norwood 3a. Its just the truth. If you guys hide the truth then it might be too late to save his hair.

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think people here know what balding means. Its a process of hair loss right ? And the last stage of it becoming completely bald.

I already said that he might not end up being bald. But does that mean he is not balding ? He is losing hair, he already has bald temples. That's balding.

Do we really have to discuss this pointless argument just so i pointed out that the first picture was already enough to see that he has hair loss ? This is not just mature hair crap.

Look at the hair at the front. Look how sparse, unhealthy it is. And there are clearly a lot of miniaturized hairs. This guy is heading towards norwood 3a. Its just the truth. If you guys hide the truth then it might be too late to save his hair.
I think when people use the term 'balding' it gives the impression of norwood 4 or above. Obviously, technically any hair loss is balding, but I do think the phrase mature hairline is a useful one. Most of the people on this forum don't believe in them because this is a BALDING FORUM. Hence, because most people here have progressed passed a nw2 they believe anyone with mild recession will bald. Having had another look at his profile and his family history it may be more than a mature hairline in his case, but over 96% of white males develop mild recession.