i m 22 and i m receding very very fast.....

grimgor

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I need some advice because my hairloss is progressing really fast , my scalp is ****ing itchy and it s driving me crazy, i m really depressed now...

To sum up:

dzdsd.jpg -->this was my hairline before going on accutane and while i was on it

Snapshot_20130228.JPGSnapshot_20130228_1.JPGSnapshot_20130228_2.JPG
-->well this is my hairline now, 10 months after stopping accutane.

I m like WTF just happened?????????
As i said my scalp is itchy as hell and i get some huge itchy bumps on the corners of my hairline, where it's receding.

I ve seen 2 dermatologists and there were like : "how old are you? 22? is your father bald (he is not)? oh you re young, your temples receded but it s ok you still have a good amount of thick hair, you won t be bald before a long time"

this is obviously bull**** because its obvious my hairline is receding very fast even though i have thick hair.

When i am hiding my temples i look like this: Snapshot_20130228_3.JPG so you wouldn t really notice the loss, yet it s happening....

I know there are only 2 solutions: finasteride or rogaine.
Yet, i got so many side effects while i was on accutane that i m really afraid of taking finasteride because this **** is probably also going to **** up my entire body.

Now i m taking biotin supplements and i started using a shampoo with 2% ketoconazole 2 days ago (in france it s called "ketoderm") but so far my scalp still itches.

Anyway, if you guys have any suggestions on how to deal with this **** i d be happy

thanks

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You are definitely receding to a NW3. You already know about the 2 solutions so that is good. Remember, you took the risk with Accutane for vanity to get rid of acne (which can mess up your liver so you have to have periodic blood tests.) Now if you want to keep your hair for vanity, you are going to have to take more risk with finasteride. Its all risk for vanity. Do you really want it that bad?

grimgor

Reaction score
You are definitely receding to a NW3. You already know about the 2 solutions so that is good. Remember, you took the risk with Accutane for vanity to get rid of acne (which can mess up your liver so you have to have periodic blood tests.) Now if you want to keep your hair for vanity, you are going to have to take more risk with finasteride. Its all risk for vanity. Do you really want it that bad?

yes i took some risk with accutane but i kind of regret it because i guess this is what sped up my hairloss, plus i got a lot of other side effect (dry eyes, weight gain, red skin etc...)
No one is totally bald in my family, my father has receded temples but he still got a good amount of thick hair. i guess i m very unlucky :-(
That s my father s hairline --> DAD.jpg

i just hope that it s going to stop, because when i look at norwood 3 pictures it would look pretty ****ed up on me, and yes it seems i m heading to this pattern...

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Your dad's hairline is hard to judge as he has bangs. It looks like he might be close to a NW3 too but its really hard to see. How was your dad's hair in his 20's?

ldk13

Reaction score
Beat bet is to try out minoxdil. I say give it 6 months and see if it improves

grimgor

Reaction score
Yes maybe i should try minoxidil, but i heard you have to use it until the end of time if you want to avoid a massive shedding.....
What i m afraid is the quickness of my hairloss, in less then a year i went from norwood 0 to norwood 2,5 i guess accutane has something to do with it, But i need to find something to slow down the process....

Rider

Reaction score
Last i heard, finasteride should be used until end of time also.. our choice buddy

grimgor

Reaction score
Last i heard, finasteride should be used until end of time also.. our choice buddy

well if you re on finasteride during 10 years or +, i guess you re going to suffer some VERY annoying side effects.....

I guess for now i am just going to use my ketoconazole shampoo and pray.... if i m lucky maybe it will stop for now and i won t be the only young bald man in my family.....

The strange thing is that i feel i m losing hair when i get a huge red swollen bump on my hairline, or on the corners of my hairline, that itches like hell. I don t know what it is and it takes almost 3 days to heal. This is the most depressing stuff

dorombl

Reaction score
it wont stop... same here, took accutane, lost my hairline. it was getting worse. now im on the big3 and waiting for a miracle... i think you should take finasteride, to keep what you have.

grimgor

Reaction score
it wont stop... same here, took accutane, lost my hairline. it was getting worse. now im on the big3 and waiting for a miracle... i think you should take finasteride, to keep what you have.

honestly taking finasteride after accutane i find it pretty insane this is gonna destroy your body. I will maybe try minoxidil but defintely not finasteride

dorombl

Reaction score
Accutane and finasteride are two different drugs... You are in the denial phase... With just minoxidil it's very hard to keep what you have, finasteride is suggested.

grimgor

Reaction score
i'm not denying anything, i agree that i have temple recession going on but i doubt really much that i m going to be more than a norwood 2,5 or 3, i mean based on genetics i shouldn't none of my grandfathers are bald and my father isn't too.
Plus my hair is still really thick, so for now i don't want to use a drug that is going to give me boobs and destroy my prostate....