I just want to look normal enough to go into public

Baldingat188

Reaction score
As I notice my hair progressively worsening despite 4 + years of finasteride I am terrified. Not terrified because I won’t get dates or whatever, but terrified because I won’t be able to leave the house. I guess I can do a hair piece which is it’s own form of hell. Or a hat prisoner. Hair to me isn’t about vanity or anything like that. No- I just want to be able to function in public and not stand out.

I know everyone says that they can’t pull of bald, and that may be true to varying degrees but I am an extreme case for sure. I am 5”7, very pale, very skinny AND I have a big head. I know I’m no chad even with hair, but at least I can go into public looking normal. I’ve even had a few girls show interest here and there. But without hair ... I am completely doomed. I also cannot grow facial hair to compensate.

this situation makes me extremely depressed and I don’t know what to do. I’ve already decided I won’t pursue relationships or have kids. I’ve already come to peace with the fact that I won’t have those “normal things”. But I do not know how I will deal with not being able to go into public. I think this will affect my ability to interview jobs, or even spend time with family. I am not kidding when I say I am an extreme case - I will actually look freakish fully bald. This isn’t in my head and no amount therapy will help. Therapy is actually terrible for hairloss- I’ve tried it many times with no results. This is not BDD or something, this is the reality I’m facing. If you have any redeeming features for bald be greatful. I would give anything just to have ONE redeeming feature for baldness - 5ft10+, not pale skin, good head shape, good beard, large frame ... the list goes on. But nope, I have not even one feature. I look like a 15 year old.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I notice my hair progressively worsening despite 4 + years of finasteride I am terrified. Not terrified because I won’t get dates or whatever, but terrified because I won’t be able to leave the house. I guess I can do a hair piece which is it’s own form of hell. Or a hat prisoner. Hair to me isn’t about vanity or anything like that. No- I just want to be able to function in public and not stand out.

I know everyone says that they can’t pull of bald, and that may be true to varying degrees but I am an extreme case for sure. I am 5”7, very pale, very skinny AND I have a big head. I know I’m no chad even with hair, but at least I can go into public looking normal. I’ve even had a few girls show interest here and there. But without hair ... I am completely doomed. I also cannot grow facial hair to compensate.

this situation makes me extremely depressed and I don’t know what to do. I’ve already decided I won’t pursue relationships or have kids. I’ve already come to peace with the fact that I won’t have those “normal things”. But I do not know how I will deal with not being able to go into public. I think this will affect my ability to interview jobs, or even spend time with family. I am not kidding when I say I am an extreme case - I will actually look freakish fully bald. This isn’t in my head and no amount therapy will help. Therapy is actually terrible for hairloss- I’ve tried it many times with no results. This is not BDD or something, this is the reality I’m facing. If you have any redeeming features for bald be greatful. I would give anything just to have ONE redeeming feature for baldness - 5ft10+, not pale skin, good head shape, good beard, large frame ... the list goes on. But nope, I have not even one feature. I look like a 15 year old.
Some times being well-hung can make up for lack of hair confidence.... Just tell yourself, "I am Mr. Plow!"

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Some times being well-hung can make up for lack of hair confidence.... Just tell yourself, "I am Mr. Plow!"
Being hung is over rated. I’d rather be a 4”inch **** and have good hair and good face. Not that I am either of those things anyways...

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What about getting a tan to sort out the pale colour and worst case get a beard transplant?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Being hung is over rated. I’d rather be a 4”inch **** and have good hair and good face. Not that I am either of those things anyways...
I never like plowing much either. Once in a while if a chick asked, I would fake it. I took after the Cosmo Kramer school of making love, let her do all of the work!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about getting a tan to sort out the pale colour and worst case get a beard transplant?
No, unless that is part of one's class ethic but tans aren't healthy and beard transplants? Move something just to shave it which might cause dermatitis and hair loss? Minoxidil beards, unless there is something already to work with, look crappy and I must not know that chicks who swoon for beards unless they are tightly trimmed or three-days max of scruff, which Don Johnson made kind of cool back in the day but nope, looking like ZZ Top only works if you are actually a member of that band or at least a roadie....

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, unless that is part of one's class ethic but tans aren't healthy and beard transplants? Move something just to shave it which might cause dermatitis and hair loss? Minoxidil beards, unless there is something already to work with, look crappy and I must not know that chicks who swoon for beards unless they are tightly trimmed or three-days max of scruff, which Don Johnson made kind of cool back in the day but nope, looking like ZZ Top only works if you are actually a member of that band or at least a roadie....

I would argue that most people here are on some kind of drug for hairloss, whether that’s finasteride, minoxidil or the more extreme medications. I doubt that would be considered healthy by some people?

But the point I was making was to give him Some options. I’ve seen beard transplants and I must say some of them look incredible. If being pale and a lack of a beard is bothering him then I don’t see the problem with that? Do you have any suggestions for his situation because outside of what I suggested I have none.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
I don’t know I mean it’s an idea but I don’t really like to tan. Everything I read about it says it’s bad for your skin and causes skin cancer ( for people who are pale). Beard transplant is something I’ve never thought of. Where do they get the hair for that?

honestly by the time my hair goes to crap ( which could be soon) I’ll probably be forced to wear a hair peice. I hate it and it sounds like a miserable life but at least I could function to some degree. Sucks cause I like to be active though so I’d be constantly maintaining it. I don’t plan to date anyways so I don’t have to deal with “ the big reveal” which is probably the worst part about wearing.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would argue that most people here are on some kind of drug for hairloss, whether that’s finasteride, minoxidil or the more extreme medications. I doubt that would be considered healthy by some people?

But the point I was making was to give him Some options. I’ve seen beard transplants and I must say some of them look incredible. If being pale and a lack of a beard is bothering him then I don’t see the problem with that? Do you have any suggestions for his situation because outside of what I suggested I have none.
Yeah. I wasn't against that but maybe against the idea that beards for many of us, are much of a solution. Some have crummy hair and crummy beards. I definitely believe no risk/no reward. I haven't seen beard transplants and I am probably negative on those because I have seen some bad induced beard growth among FtMs. I love all folks but eh, some times certain groups are obsessed with things that will never look good on them. So much of life is finding our own rhythm so to speak. Some guys in the Middle East lament balding but they do have good beard options and beards are mandatory in certain settings in the Middle East among Arabs, Jews and over into India with the Siks. Baldness is unknowable when you have to wear a head dress and few people make fun of guys bearing swords, ceremonial or otherwise, lol.

And yes, if applying tanning make-up or getting some sun, gets someone out of the house, then yeah go for that. I think finding cool hobbies helps. I got into fly fishing because I don't like golf and I wanted some sort of cool sports thing that I was into that required skill but also got me outdoors. Trout and smallmouth are a kick to shoot for.

Reactions: HLV

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Well despite taking finasteride I am pretty healthy conscious and do my best to be healthy. It’s a quality of life thing. I’m not trying to spend the last 20 years of my life to sick to be able to do anything. Big difference between taking finasteride and excessive sun exposure. Sun is known to cause cancer just like smoking. There is no question. There is no solid evidence that shows finasteride has any long term impacts on health or life expectancy.

Again, I appreciate the suggestions I’m just pointing out why I disagree with this particular point. Having good health / able body is the one thing that’s more important to me than hair.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well despite taking finasteride I am pretty healthy conscious and do my best to be healthy. It’s a quality of life thing. I’m not trying to spend the last 20 years of my life to sick to be able to do anything. Big difference between taking finasteride and excessive sun exposure. Sun is known to cause cancer just like smoking. There is no question. There is no solid evidence that shows finasteride has any long term impacts on health or life expectancy.

Again, I appreciate the suggestions I’m just pointing out why I disagree with this particular point. Having good health / able body is the one thing that’s more important to me than hair.
Why does it have to be excessive sun exposure? No one said anything about that. Just enough to tan a bit to sort out the paleness. In regards to Finasteride I agree about it being a largely safe drug although again there are those on here that would strongly disagree with that. Either way I cant think of anything else that would help you since you can’t change your height, head shape etc. That’s why I made the previous suggestions.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

The strange thing is that I continue to believe that reductase inhibitors are for many/most guys a huge positive in just about every way. Brain fog? I have never felt anything from finasteride or dutasteride that indicated that it was doing anything, hair-wise or health-wise. I remember having, if anything, more libido. I had more confidence and that goes hand in hand with having less depression. One could easily argue that the increases in T, regardless of DHT, makes a person more masculine, not less. I think that RI's could be marketed for both hair and depression and touted to increase mood, confidence, attractiveness and sexual prowess. Or you can b**ch and moan about the greatest med of all-time for hair-loss and b**ch about lack of research and corporate monopolies who are against the balding while at the same time bitching about Merck trying to "poison" an entire generation of men and make them weak, girl men or whatever.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why does it have to be excessive sun exposure? No one said anything about that. Just enough to tan a bit to sort out the paleness. In regards to Finasteride I agree about it being a largely safe drug although again there are those on here that would strongly disagree with that. Either way I cant think of anything else that would help you since you can’t change your height, head shape etc. That’s why I made the previous suggestions.
Those of us on Retin-A, lol, will be wearing hats, long-sleeves and sun block, lol, cause you pretty much have to so it works hand in glove with not getting too much sun. Whites do need a certain amount of Vitamin D exposure although they rarely specify how it is to be absorbed if we are all covered up. Long hair frames the face and provides sun protection as does hair on top. Looks-wise, for light-skinned folks, essentially all sun exposure to arms and face is highly ageing.

One reason why so many blacks look so good into their 80's is the melanin protection that they get from the sun. Even Native Americans are highly susceptible to the aging effects of sun if they live a traditional live-style out of doors. I have seen Tibetan monks who are quite old with almost child-like faces. The sun is obviously the most important thing to human life in the universe so to speak but the rays are always aging, not even in excess, but just daily from being out and about without protection. Strange that men and women always wore hats in polite society until about the Kennedy administration and then both sexes largely abandoned formal hats and moved to baseball/golf caps which are fine too but can't be worn to church, say. It's funny because women are still allowed to wear hats in the courtroom but men are not, which has to be just about the last public distinction between the sexes. Wonder if I am allowed to wear hats in the courtroom now?

Last edited:

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those of us on Retin-A, lol, will be wearing hats, long-sleeves and sun block, lol, cause you pretty much have to so it works hand in glove with not getting too much sun. Whites do need a certain amount of Vitamin D exposure although they rarely specify how it is to be absorbed if we are all covered up. Long hair frames the face and provides sun protection as does hair on top.

is he on retin A? Because otherwise if he is sun exposure is a no.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
is he on retin A? Because otherwise if he is sun exposure is a no.
I meant me and any others using this, and retin-A, along with microneedling is revolutionary. I just saw my doctor and got lots of praise and I told him that my carrier of Estrogel and retin-A on the face and neck and of Estrogel, Min foam and retin-A on the scalp were doing great things for me skin-wise and hair equals skin, really in my opinion and this is something that those attacking baldness from the XY-side of things can easily forget when we scheme to regrow juvenile hair on a scalp with adult male texture and sebum levels.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I meant me and any others using this, and retin-A, along with microneedling is revolutionary. I just saw my doctor and got lots of praise and I told him that my carrier of Estrogel and retin-A on the face and neck and of Estrogel, Min foam and retin-A on the scalp were doing great things for me skin-wise and hair equals skin, really in my opinion and this is something that those attacking baldness from the XY-side of things can easily forget when we scheme to regrow juvenile hair on a scalp with adult male texture and sebum levels.
You’re using minoxidil on the scalp? What’s your opinion about those that say it ages the skin?

Baldingat188

Reaction score
No your right not much is changeable so I appreciate the few options I do have. I’m just kinda paranoid / weird about my skin anyways. I wish I would have been born with tan skin at least so I could pull off the bald look. Honestly , if I had any shot of pulling off baldness and remaining average 5 or 6 I would just shave it when it got bad and forget about it. I’m sure going bald sucks for anyone but some guys don’t really how luck they are for having some redeeming features.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
No your right not much is changeable so I appreciate the few options I do have. I’m just kinda paranoid / weird about my skin anyways. I wish I would have been born with tan skin at least so I could pull off the bald look. Honestly , if I had any shot of pulling off baldness and remaining average 5 or 6 I would just shave it when it got bad and forget about it. I’m sure going bald sucks for anyone but some guys don’t really how luck they are for having some redeeming features.
Transplant?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t know I mean it’s an idea but I don’t really like to tan. Everything I read about it says it’s bad for your skin and causes skin cancer ( for people who are pale). Beard transplant is something I’ve never thought of. Where do they get the hair for that?

honestly by the time my hair goes to crap ( which could be soon) I’ll probably be forced to wear a hair peice. I hate it and it sounds like a miserable life but at least I could function to some degree. Sucks cause I like to be active though so I’d be constantly maintaining it. I don’t plan to date anyways so I don’t have to deal with “ the big reveal” which is probably the worst part about wearing.

Try increasing your carotenoid intake either through diet or supplements, it might help give your pale skin a decent colour to it without needing sun exposure.

main-qimg-ad78634fc8c9ccdee038f341cbd78a8c.png