I just saw Dr Keene for 3 month photos

G

They are undoubtedly from surgery, ingrown hairs. And in most cases you won't see the hair that's causing the pimple.

Just be careful to not use your fingerrnails to pop them. Hold a warm clean wet washcloth to the pimple for 30 seconds before applying the pressure to pop it or just leave them alone and they will go away on their own.

There's alot of bacteria and germs under our fingernails. :shock:

CCS

Reaction score
I've had two ingrown hairs for over a month. They are not pimples. I can see the black hair curled around under the skin. I know dr keene said to use a warm rag 10 minutes 3 times a day, but I've been lazy and its been over a month now. Do you think they will grow out on their own or die? Is it too late to use the rag?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gillenator said:
They are undoubtedly from surgery, ingrown hairs. And in most cases you won't see the hair that's causing the pimple.

Just be careful to not use your fingerrnails to pop them. Hold a warm clean wet washcloth to the pimple for 30 seconds before applying the pressure to pop it or just leave them alone and they will go away on their own.

There's alot of bacteria and germs under our fingernails. :shock:

So you're saying then the one's I popped with my hands (pads) not fingernails will cause me harm in the form of lost growth/grafts?

Please elaborate.

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
i would think that poping the zits or ingrown hairs would be the best thing to do for them so you could get the puss out. i use a sterile needle then push the puss out. after a few days, there is no sign of the pimple. i get about 2 to 3 new pimples a week. i even got one between the eyes. talk about a third eye! anyway, i'm starting to think that the pimples are more from the finasteride than the surgery.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dirtrider67 said:
i would think that poping the zits or ingrown hairs would be the best thing to do for them so you could get the puss out. i use a sterile needle then push the puss out. after a few days, there is no sign of the pimple. i get about 2 to 3 new pimples a week. i even got one between the eyes. talk about a third eye! anyway, i'm starting to think that the pimples are more from the finasteride than the surgery.

I have never heard of pimples as a side effect from finasteride. I have been on it since 99 and I couldnt even tell you if they were from them.

I dont even need to use my nails or a needle. I just apply pressure from my finger pads and BOOM! Out goes the pussola.

:hairy:

G

LG,

No, I'm not saying you'll damage any grafts or new growth, it's more of the bacteria and germs from our fingernails that can come into contact with a fresh wound. Some of the pimples will bleed when popped. It's just a sanitary issue that can be addressed by holding a warm, wet washcloth to the pimple for 30 seconds and then applying pressure.

Of course that won't do much for the thrill of watching them pop! :lol: