I Just Can't Get Over How Little Attention Young Men With Premature male pattern baldness Get From Society

Balding Boulder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While I agree that the median wage can easily afford a decent transplant with a bit of planning, and there are few complications, there is still one problem. They don't work. Transplants are only for the few lucky men who have front recession only and stabilize there, therefore able to dense back what was lost. In the majority of men this just doesn't work. The majority of hair transplant results I see are unacceptable to a man under 45.
Absolutely. Take David Silva as a perfect example of someone who’d be considered as the ideal candidate for a hair transplant. Early 30s, thick all over, with just a receding hairline. Simple task: fill in the temples and he’s got perfect hair again.

Problem is, so many men are not in that situation. They have a receding hairline, a balding crown and diffuse thinning. It means that unless they have an excellent donor region, there is likely to have to be an undesirable level of compromise on the final result.

The way some people talk about hair transplants as if they’re a doddle, but decent ones involve a lot of thought and planning for the future. Unfortunately there's this trend where all these naive 25-year-old men are going to Turkey to get their hairlines filled in with not an ounce of thought about the future. I fear that many of them will end up with very odd-looking hair, with a solid, boxed-in hairline but nothing behind it.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are out of touch old man. I have told you over and over again, if mainstream politicians say rising male suicide rates are a good thing in public and society doesn't give a f*** even about such a serious topic chances are advocating for friggin 'balding awareness' will end in nothing but utter ridicule.

ridicule if one person says something like when I do, if 100 or 1000 do its a different story. Youre just too afraid to man up and say something so you deserve to be ridiculed. Sorry thats how the world works. Grab it by the balls or get tea bagged. I went for my hair transplants, I intend to get more but I have no issue talking to anyone about the reasons why or the situation at hand. This forum is the furthest into the real world you will take this issue because YOURE afraid.

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely. Take David Silva as a perfect example of someone who’d be considered as the ideal candidate for a hair transplant. Early 30s, thick all over, with just a receding hairline. Simple task: fill in the temples and he’s got perfect hair again.

Problem is, so many men are not in that situation. They have a receding hairline, a balding crown and diffuse thinning. It means that unless they have an excellent donor region, there is likely to have to be an undesirable level of compromise on the final result.

The way some people talk about hair transplants as if they’re a doddle, but decent ones involve a lot of thought and planning for the future. Unfortunately there's this trend where all these naive 25-year-old men are going to Turkey to get their hairlines filled in with not an ounce of thought about the future. I fear that many of them will end up with very odd-looking hair, with a solid, boxed-in hairline but nothing behind it.
It's still better to be bald all over with a hairline than without because it frames your face, think of zidane.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
ridicule if one person says something like when I do, if 100 or 1000 do its a different story. Youre just too afraid to man up and say something so you deserve to be ridiculed. Sorry thats how the world works. Grab it by the balls or get tea bagged. I went for my hair transplants, I intend to get more but I have no issue talking to anyone about the reasons why or the situation at hand. This forum is the furthest into the real world you will take this issue because YOURE afraid.
There are more than 1000 people speaking up against male suicide which is a much more serious topic and it still gets ridiculed. You are either not a Westerner or living under a rock if you think 100000 men protesting against balding would get even the slightest sympathy in the current political climate. It's straight up absurd.

And btw the healthy at all sizes movement or however that massive cope is called is a massive failure as well if you haven't noticed. It didn't make fat women even a tiny bit more desirable in the dating market, dumb social movements just don't override human nature and the rules of attractions. The only thing that happened was that a select few fatties were invited to talkshows and heralded as 'brave' by some liberal shitheads who wanted to collect social brony points, while others criticized them for being unhealthy. What is the damn point of that.

Last edited:

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's still better to be bald all over with a hairline than without because it frames your face, think of zidane.
Ye look at Mark Rippetoe either, he has one of the most weird pattern, he lost all crown and middle but kept the hairline (not fully)
Look here at 5:26:

He is famous coach and is considered the authority at barbel weight training, if anyone curious

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyway, to the subject - Why do you even guys care? why does it matter what society think, who they give attention and so on. what do you want society to do with male suicide?? and what they should do with baldness? tell everybody that bald is beautiful? bald is ugly and it will remain ugly just like fat is ugly. Who the f*** cares what 'society say', just focus on yourself. Be practical, stop dealing with nonsense...

If the reason is that you think that attention to baldness will bring a cure faster - you are probably wrong on that one. There is only one thing that drives economy and market and this is money. if there is enough money in hairloss cure than companies will try to find it, not because of some stupid baldies movement.
Having said that, I do think of course there is lots of money there and lots of attempts, but this problem is just really tough, sadly for us.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are more than 1000 people speaking up against male suicide which is a much more serious topic and it still gets ridiculed. You are either not a Westerner or living under a rock if you think 100000 men protesting against balding would get even the slightest sympathy in the current political climate. It's straight up absurd.

And btw the healthy at all sizes movement or however that massive cope is called is a massive failure as well if you haven't noticed. It didn't make fat women even a tiny bit more desirable in the dating market, dumb social movements just don't override human nature and the rules of attractions. The only thing that happened was that a select few fatties were invited to talkshows and heralded as 'brave' by some liberal shitheads who wanted to collect social brony points, while others criticized them for being unhealthy. What is the damn point of that.

The fat movement got recognition, you are ridiculed for ridiculing them and they get fat surgery through insurance because now its a health issue. Ive repeatedly said if we all made it about depression then you have a shot to get treatments or maybe even surgery covered, it might show the interest in the issue and get more companies on board for newer treatments and the FDA fast tracking stuff. Its a fight you have to do but you are already defeated so whats the point. No one is saying the fat movement was to get fat people laid, it was to get them recognized to not be discriminated against. Isnt that one of the major complaints here, the discrimination and hypocrisy??? Or is this forum literally just about not getting yourself laid and self loathing.

Are men committing suicide because of hairloss? men are killing themselves for a variety of reasons. Im sorry but to me the men who are contemplating suicide have to be the ones to tell everyone whats wrong. Its not societies job to go "hey buddy, you need a hug???"

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fat movement got recognition, you are ridiculed for ridiculing them and they get fat surgery through insurance because now its a health issue. Ive repeatedly said if we all made it about depression then you have a shot to get treatments or maybe even surgery covered, it might show the interest in the issue and get more companies on board for newer treatments and the FDA fast tracking stuff. Its a fight you have to do but you are already defeated so whats the point. No one is saying the fat movement was to get fat people laid, it was to get them recognized to not be discriminated against. Isnt that one of the major complaints here, the discrimination and hypocrisy??? Or is this forum literally just about not getting yourself laid and self loathing.

Are men committing suicide because of hairloss? men are killing themselves for a variety of reasons. Im sorry but to me the men who are contemplating suicide have to be the ones to tell everyone whats wrong. Its not societies job to go "hey buddy, you need a hug???"

This is what I have been trying to say. We are our own worst enemy. Yes, generally fat women are not sexy, but there is a different lens now. A lens you cannot remove. Also, though they may hate each other on a regular basis (assuming as they prefer males friends) for issues such as this they stick together.

Why can't we be supportive instead insulting each other, saying it's over. I don't think bald is ugly and I'm not delusional, I just know that you can cope and deal and fix.

If you are going bald why doesn't anybody talk about other procedures to enhance whatever you have. Not hair wise, but you can certainly fix your jawline or some other items.

Women fix themselves up all the time and we applaud them but ridicule men.

We should also be more supportive of men with wigs. I am tired of seeing some brave women with a wig in my Snapchat feed.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 18 and starting to thin at my temples. After reading this thread I just want to kill myself. What the hell am I supposed to do. I’m serious

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 18 and starting to thin at my temples. After reading this thread I just want to kill myself. What the hell am I supposed to do. I’m serious
I started balding at 17 and at 18 my hair was way worse than yours. There's not much you can do but start treatments.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bottom line of all this is that you have diffuse thinning and / or there is no maintenance solution that you can tolerate without side effects (or that works for you), then you are fucked. And that's the end of story. Without maintenance everything else isn't worth talking about.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be happy that you figured it out early enough to save your hair. Minoxidil and finasteride work.

This is very true. I would never address or point it out myself since it is a private issue and I know from first hand accounts on here how hurtful it is, but I've been around a lot of guys making fun of "baldies" when in fact you can clearly see that they'll go bald themselves. They just don't know it yet or try to cover it up by putting other people down. Other than that, most people are oblivious. I know FULL-ON BALDING GUYS with NW4+ and people, mostly women, comment on it like it's just a smidge, as in "oh, it's a little thinning"

Be happy you noticed it early. This is the key to winning. Now man up and, if your sh*t is legit, get on treatments.

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't start finasteride at the ripe age of 18 - the original study is for ages 30-40 so you are going to in my non-medical opinion be more susceptible to the side effects.

However, if you do, I would scour the forum for good tips on how to start and document your journey. For starters, I got bloodwork done prior to starting finasteride to ensure I had a reference point after. I also started my body off with a low dosage of .25mg and took it every three days.

So far, I believe my body is able to tolerate .5mg every three days as the 1mg messes with me - then again it could just be mental.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't start finasteride at the ripe age of 18 - the original study is for ages 30-40 so you are going to in my non-medical opinion be more susceptible to the side effects.

However, if you do, I would scour the forum for good tips on how to start and document your journey. For starters, I got bloodwork done prior to starting finasteride to ensure I had a reference point after. I also started my body off with a low dosage of .25mg and took it every three days.

So far, I believe my body is able to tolerate .5mg every three days as the 1mg messes with me - then again it could just be mental.
What about topical finasteride with minoxidil

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about topical finasteride with minoxidil
I have been thinking about trying that.

Enough people and few limited sources say it may limit side effects. But who knows. Who really knows anything.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've heard guys at 18 may have a better chance to maintain their sex drive or libido, considering at 18 libido is sky high.
I am 18 and will get on finasteride this tuesday hopefully. If anyone who is very young and has seen this reply, ask me anything, I'm here to help.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it's not related but what you guys think of LaserCap? I see it around a lot lately, especially at the hair transplant forum, I wonder if it's worth trying

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score

Morbidly obese people could always get surgery through insurance, that has absolutely nothing to do with the fat movement. And obese people still get ridiculed just maybe not on public TV. Fat people still have lower chance of being employed at work than slim ones and there is no quota coming to change that.
I guess most users here are more bothered by their loss of self-image and dwindling dating chances than by any quips at work. No social movement that wouldn't even work with this context anyways, would change that. You may find their priorities pathetic but for me it's a more valid reason than feeling discriminated by people making jokes.
I told you already, there already are people speaking about male suicide rates publicly it's just that it gets ignored by society.