I Have Tried Everything.. Hair Loss Is Eating At My Soul

Dan_18

My Regimen
Reaction score
This post is really a desperate call for help, honestly! I have been balding since I was 15.. here is a pic of my hair from when I was 16.

qAuKLdO.jpg

After some research I was scared of the treatments, but I eventually got sick of it and tried Finasteride. I immediately felt different and I think it really affected me because of my age and developing body/mind. My energy levels went down, and my eyesight started to fade slightly, so I had to squint to read things.

I gave it up after only 6 days (1mg doses), and I shaved my head.

agHLZDY.jpg

(^ Shaved at 10mm)

I shaved my head and started applying Minoxidil twice a day, along with Nizoral shampoo and dermarolling.

pWZeuw3.jpg

I hate applying Minoxidil and the side effects, so I started applying it once a day. I am giving up treating my hair loss.

I have a trip coming up in the summer to Italy which will involve swimming, and I can't stand the thought of people seeing my hair. I hate wearing a hat all the time, and sweating in a hat while working out is one of the most disgusting things ever.

I have looked into hair systems because I am giving up with my natural hair, but all of the websites look like scams from people who are selling crappy hair pieces from China.

There is very little information on hair systems and I don't want to spend $400 on a piece of crap from China that looks fake. I have read through many threads in this forum and I have no idea what to do. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would appreciate it more than anything!

Daniel

Attachments

• 8tL6kQC.png
    8tL6kQC.png
    503 bytes · Views: 271

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Daniel. Yeah, I had bad sides from Finasteride too. It's worth trying a system, because you might find it provides you with a viable solution. Certainly if you go about it the right way it will look good. The issue of whether you will feel good about it is a psychological issue which it is hard to predict till you have tried it. The good thing is that apart from the cost of the system itself and a few adhesives, there is no long-term commitment required - if you don't like it you can throw it in the trash and you haven't lost anything.

Almost 100% of the systems sold in the West - the good, the bad and the ugly - are manufactured in China or by Chinese manufacturers in countries nearby. So don't be put off by that - these are highly labour-intensive hand-made products, and they couldn't be made economically in Europe or the States. I will PM you some ideas on sourcing.

Also, there is a ton of information now on YouTube and elsewhere on virtually every aspect of buying, installing, and maintaining a system. You just need to do a bit of searching, or ask here for what you want.

Noah

ChrisPratty

My Regimen
Reaction score
This post is really a desperate call for help, honestly! I have been balding since I was 15.. here is a pic of my hair from when I was 16.

View attachment 114352

After some research I was scared of the treatments, but I eventually got sick of it and tried Finasteride. I immediately felt different and I think it really affected me because of my age and developing body/mind. My energy levels went down, and my eyesight started to fade slightly, so I had to squint to read things.

I gave it up after only 6 days (1mg doses), and I shaved my head.

View attachment 114350

(^ Shaved at 10mm)

I shaved my head and started applying Minoxidil twice a day, along with Nizoral shampoo and dermarolling.

View attachment 114351

I hate applying Minoxidil and the side effects, so I started applying it once a day. I am giving up treating my hair loss.

I have a trip coming up in the summer to Italy which will involve swimming, and I can't stand the thought of people seeing my hair. I hate wearing a hat all the time, and sweating in a hat while working out is one of the most disgusting things ever.

I have looked into hair systems because I am giving up with my natural hair, but all of the websites look like scams from people who are selling crappy hair pieces from China.

There is very little information on hair systems and I don't want to spend $400 on a piece of crap from China that looks fake. I have read through many threads in this forum and I have no idea what to do. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would appreciate it more than anything!

Daniel

Hi Daniel!

It’s great that you made a decision shifting from medications to hair systems. There are numerous hair wig makers around the world and most of them are from China. Those who claim to be based in UK source their products from China.

I totally agree with you that a lot of them out there are selling low quality hair wigs in the name of hair replacement systems. But there are some authentic hair wig manufacturers too that are creating 100% human hair systems at reasonable costs. You can Google and do a little research and get all the information about global hair wig manufacturers and suppliers. It will help you to get an overview about the various hair wig forms and the kind of wig that will suit you.

I underwent similar mental stress as you are going through now. Gradually, my receding hairline not only took away my hair, but even my confidence and happiness. Finally, I made up my mind and started looking for a hair system. While searching hair system for my scalp i came across a seller named lordhair. They claimed to supply 100% human hair systems across the globe at reasonable cost. I got my hair system ordered from them and got a handsome discount too. Thankfully, the product turned out to be good and I have been buying from them ever since. I ordered my first wig from Amazon and it was a total disaster. Lol.

Just go through Lodhair’s website and have a look at their hair systems. They custom hair systems as per your head size and hair quality. I hope you too will find the best hair system at reasonable price. Start by checking out these before-after wig photos from my supplier.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I suggest that if you feel that you are ready for a hair system, try and find a salon in your area, that has a good reputation, that can get you started. Then, after you feel comfortable you have the right system... try and go it on our own.