I Have Found Something That Has Cured My Itch/folliculitus

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
damn burns like hell!!!

think i put too much in... should I wash it out? or just hold tight? it's BURNING BAD!! feels kinda good though.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It tingles alot yea. And goes very cold. It subsides after 20mins though and feels great.

damn starting to feel really good though, like a block of ice on the head.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many drops you put in?? And whej you spray dont make ur head drenched. Just spray into roots and message into scalp.

To be honest first time is always most feeling. Kinda like when you use mint shower gel and your balls go cold as hell. You get use to it lol

probably too much... like 15-20 in a little small spray bottle. oh well. I'll dilute it more next time.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
10s about right i find. But hey find what works for you with trail and error. My guess is in a week your scalp will be alot better. I sometimes use twice day. It doesnt make hair greasy so can be used alot.

that would be very nice... you can tell it drastically increases bloodflow, maybe works as a vasodialator like minoxidil?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome. Like yourself, I am a prime guinea pig for this experiment. I have very intense crawling every single day and night through the midscalp and crown, and a severe pressure feeling in my hair line. I get itchiness in the morning.

I will apply this every night to the most problematic areas and help keep this thread updated.

PeterBr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to have a lot of itching too. My doctor prescribed betamethasone 0.09% in my minoxidil formula and it works perfectly against itchiness. I've been using it for years.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome. Like yourself, I am a prime guinea pig for this experiment. I have very intense crawling every single day and night through the midscalp and crown, and a severe pressure feeling in my hair line. I get itchiness in the morning.

I will apply this every night to the most problematic areas and help keep this thread updated.

Do let us know @buckthorn; for if it works I, too, wish to commit myself to the process. I’ve thought for a long time that half the hell with this hair loss is this constant itch incessantly reminding you that it’s there, so it’d be great to hear of anything that helps. Nizoral only provides a very temporary relief, and it can’t be used daily without essentially causing more reason for an itch.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
as ive mentioned in here ive been struggling with itchy scalp and more in particular what i think is folliculitus (sore red spots on scalp). I use nizoral and coal tar and herbal shampoo on off days and messing with essential oils but it was still an issue i couldnt seem to get a handle on.

Anyways i have a small spray btl. I put in 10drops peppermint oil in and filled rest with just distilled water. Sprayed my scalp every night and rubbed in. Head goes very cold and tingly and lovely feeling and smell. So after about a week and half of doing this my itch has completely gone and i dont have so much as one spot in my head either. It seems to have entirely cured it. No idea how but it works a charm. Literally months of this terrible scalp and this has magically cured it for now.

Just thought id let you guys know incase you want to try and have tried everything else.

You mention 10 drops, but I’m about how much water do you think?

abcdefg

Reaction score
I know some say propecia made the itch worse, but a lot of guys claim the itch went away or got much better after starting finasteride. Ill say I dont think anything could make the itch any worse then it is. It just seems to get worse as I get older, and my hair loss happens right along with it. I have thinking of seeing a derm, and trying finasteride just to see if it helps any

Elohim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Read this yesterday, and tried it Immediately (it's cheap anyway). I put in a little more than you guys, but I don't really have the overwhelming feeling you describe. But so far I just sprayed some when I felt the itch coming up, and it seems to help to get rid of it for a while. I do have a slight sensation of coldness, but that could also be because I'm literally spraying water on my head..

Maybe I add a little more, just to see whether it makes a difference. At least I have something to stop the itch for a fair period of the day, and it keeps me from scratching my head open and wanting to pull out all my hairs just to stop that damn itch.

Elohim

My Regimen
Reaction score
What size was your spray btl? Make sure its tiny. Mines inly 60ml. So like two bar shots. Also make sure you spray into roots and rub into scalp. Glad its workig for you to some degree though!! My itch is still gone :)

It's 100ml, but I added 30 drops so far. But like I said, maybe I just need more to respond, or maybe I'm just an awful sprayer and everything gets on my hair lol.

BTW, maybe not completely the right thread to ask, but seen as there are more people with similar problems over here: do you guys also get an incredible itch when you're working out, or when it's really hot outside, so basically when the temperature is rising and you may or may not be sweating.

I'm still not sure if this is also related to hair loss, because at those moments the itch also becomes really bad at the back and sides of my head. But it makes a point for the itch removing features of the 'cooling' pepermint oil.