I Have Been Balding Since I Was (haircut Advice)

TeenageBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been told by random people at school that I need to have my hairline checked out. I have always had a Mature Hairline somewhat inline with a Norwood 1-2. I mentioned it to my Dad and he said he noticed a slight recession since last year and after some research I went to my Doctor to ask for Finasteride. I just started taking it today. What haircut should I look into getting to hide or reduce the "balding look"?
20190111_082602.jpg
20190111_082621.jpg
20190111_082612.jpg
20190111_082555.jpg
20190111_083555.jpg
20190111_083547.jpg

TeenageBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just realized I screwed up my title, oops. I have been balding since atleast 17 years old, maybe sooner. I am 18 now

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on finasteride bro that looks aggressive

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get a hairstyle with a fringe/bangs.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
A textured French Crop is the best choice. Nice and short, faded sides, and it's combed forward, so it hides your hairline. And the texturing will add some volume!

Good luck. I started at 16, not nearly as aggressive as yours.

A new haircut will make you feel better, also!!!

TeenageBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to get a new haircut next week, I like the look of the French Crop so I will post it here once I get the cut. Wish me luck boys.

TeenageBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
On a scale of 1-10 how aggressive is the hair loss looking just from these pics? I just bought minoxidil and ketoconazole products. What should I expect? I am kind of freaking out

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
On a scale of 1-10 how aggressive is the hair loss looking just from these pics? I just bought minoxidil and ketoconazole products. What should I expect? I am kind of freaking out

Well, you are 18 and appear to be at a Norwood IIIV. That is pretty aggressive. I would still try the new hairstyle, for sure.

You are already seeing a doctor? Ask what else you can do. Be prepared for side-effects, including a potential shedding of more hair. To be honest, you have lost quite a bit of hair, I don't know that you can expect the meds to restore your hair completely. Some guys your age report that it slows down.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, you are 18 and appear to be at a Norwood IIIV. That is pretty aggressive. I would still try the new hairstyle, for sure.

You are already seeing a doctor? Ask what else you can do. Be prepared for side-effects, including a potential shedding of more hair. To be honest, you have lost quite a bit of hair, I don't know that you can expect the meds to restore your hair completely. Some guys your age report that it slows down.
The thing is I've never seen that sort of frontal loss coupled with no crown or diffusal loss... so it's an interesting.case. To @TeenageBalding I think you caught it early and therefore have the best chance of recovering or at least preventing any further loss.

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is I've never seen that sort of frontal loss coupled with no crown or diffusal loss... so it's an interesting.case. To @TeenageBalding I think you caught it early and therefore have the best chance of recovering or at least preventing any further loss.

I´ve got the same. When noticing it, I got on minoxidil. worked 4 years for me. finasteride is not working god. (More harm than benefit).

lionheart

Reaction score
Oh mate I so sorry. I’ve had similar hair since I was your age.. I’m 27 now and it’s like yours but worse,. I have a big fringe which I manage to mask the baldness

I’m going back on propecia, minoxidil and started derma rolling with an electric pen after a pretty bad depressive stage I gave up a while back

Make sure you update us on your progress or even lack of

TeenageBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am trying a new hair style that is curly and just hangs down in my face, it covers things pretty well. I am on finasteride day 2, I talked to my doctor 3 days ago. I also ordered minoxidil + dermaroller that is coming today as well as a keto shampoo + good conditioner. I am going to get a haircut, but for now this covers my... issue.
20190112_151617.jpg
20190112_151628.jpg

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am trying a new hair style that is curly and just hangs down in my face, it covers things pretty well. I am on finasteride day 2, I talked to my doctor 3 days ago. I also ordered minoxidil + dermaroller that is coming today as well as a keto shampoo + good conditioner. I am going to get a haircut, but for now this covers my... issue.View attachment 109473 View attachment 109474
Have you permed your hair? It looks loads more curly compared to the first set of pics

TeenageBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have naturally curly hair actually. Any thoughts on how it looks? Just FYI I didn't straighten my hair ever, I just combed it differently than I did today.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am trying a new hair style that is curly and just hangs down in my face, it covers things pretty well. I am on finasteride day 2, I talked to my doctor 3 days ago. I also ordered minoxidil + dermaroller that is coming today as well as a keto shampoo + good conditioner. I am going to get a haircut, but for now this covers my... issue.View attachment 109473 View attachment 109474

I would still get that cut! Since you have natural curls, you will get better coverage for sure.

TeenageBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I am still getting the haircut, I will post here once I do it. I just started minoxidil from Kirkland with a dermaroller today, I hope it works on the front of my head even though it isn't advertised to do so