I Have A Vitamin D Deficiency And Diffuse Hair Loss.

oklol

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, as the title says, I have vitamin D deficiency (10.22 ng/mL, below 20 ng/mL) and severe diffuse thinning. I'm talking shitty hair density all around the scalp, the top, front, back and sides. Basically, all scalp is visible. However, I still retain my Nw1 hair line from 18 years old(currently 20) or so. My father is bald but his baldness started out in a classic horse shoe pattern until Nw6-7 and that started in his mid 20s till 30s. My hair loss started by shedding 150-200 hairs every shower starting 13-14 years old which lasted for a few years(stopped at about 17-18 yrs old) leaving me with shitty density all around. Could fixing my vit D deficiency improve the situation on it's own or do I need to complement it with minoxidil/finasteride/rolling?

basketbull

Reaction score
Dude, i don’t think it’s because of Vitamin D deficiency. I have really deficiency of it too, after i had my blood drawn about a month ago, yet my hair is still thicker than a horse’s mane. If you are worried about the deficiency, go and get some sun, whenever you find the opportunity to do so.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
depends. there are several pathways that lead to hairloss, and vitamin D (though not so frequent) is one of them.
just make sure you find a way do absorbe them, cause if you have vitD def, there's a case you have issues with absorption
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5643801/
btw vit K and boron help alot in order to get VitD where it is supposed to be

but if its AA and it's aggressive, vit D as a stand alone wouldnt help you that much....

Scotwilcro

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before I starting taking finasteride I had blood tests done to rule out other causes for my hair loss. My results showed I was vitamin D deficient too.
I’ve taken vitamin D supplements ever since.

Can’t really tell if it helps with my hair to be honest, probably because I started finasteride around the same time so any improvement would have been down to finasteride most likely.

I wasn’t massively deficient either, and it was in the middle of winter in December when I had the tests done as well which honestly was probably the main reason I was deficient.
I still take the supplements anyway.

RickDawson1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its just male pattern baldness, vitamins are just a myth bro, just because you have a lower level of " vitamin D" doesnt mean you wil have negative consequences