I have a blind date next week....

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
And im scared that the girl will just walk off seeing me...coz of my balding head. :(

I am going on this blind date first time in last 3 years from the time my hairloss became really serious.

I say to myself..rejection is better than regret...and hence I am trying out my luck.:?

Fellow brothers...who understand the pain of hairloss...wish the best for me.

:x

jeffsss

Reaction score
too bald too furious said:
And im scared that the girl will just walk off seeing me...coz of my balding head. :(

I am going on this blind date first time in last 3 years from the time my hairloss became really serious.

I say to myself..rejection is better than regret...and hence I am trying out my luck.:?

best of luck man. If she doenst like you b/c of hair loss she should be put to sleep.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Just think she's probably at home thinking - jeez I hope he likes me even thow i haven't got huge breasts, or something to that point.

Everyone has their insecurities have fun and yes i've adapted the rejection is better than regret polciy too... it can only work.

just relax and try and have a fun conversation.

bgred90

Reaction score
You will be ok.
I had a kinda blind date last night, we talked a lot but she never knew what I looked like.
Went great, she never even took a second look at my head.
Just go, if she doesnt like it and cant accept it, then it isnt worth it.

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
if you dont worry about your hair, she wont either. she's probably feeling just as nervous and insecure as you are. be confident and show her how great your personality is. best of luck man!

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
Regardless if you were set up by a friend, met online, or met through a personal ad, blind dates can be exciting and unnerving at the same time.
What if she's ugly? What if she's crazy? What if she doesn't show up?

The best way to make a blind date a positive experience is to treat it like a job interview. You're the potential candidate, and she's making sure your qualifications fit the position. From picking the location to making conversation, here are some tips to get you ready for a blind date.

the preparation

First impressions are everything. This isn't the time for your favorite Metallica T-shirt. A nice button-down shirt, trendy jeans, or casual pants are perfect for a casual get-together. Dressing appropriately for the date will show her you care about yourself and cared enough to look good for her.

the location

Choose a crowded location
Make sure there are a lot of people. She'll feel at ease and you'll be able to exit quickly and easily if you need to.
Pick a neutral location
Choose a place where everyone doesn't know your name, but be somewhat familiar with it so you look like you know what you're talking about when ordering a drink.

Make the date for cocktails
If the date isn't going well, you won't have the obligation of sitting through an entire meal; you can make up an excuse after the first drink and leave.

Use separate vehicles
Meet up at the chosen location. She'll probably feel more comfortable driving in separate cars and you'll have your car handy whenever you want to leave.

the meeting

Give yourself a once-over in the mirror
Before you meet her, find a mirror to glance into to make sure you don't have a piece of spinach stuck in your teeth or a stain on your shirt.
Let her take the lead during introductions
She may shake your hand or move right in to give you a quick peck on the cheek. The ball is in her court.

Have good manners
Greet her in a friendly, open manner. And if you do meet at a restaurant, don't scarf down a plate of appetizers and three cocktails before she arrives.

Let her order first
You can suggest something if she's having a hard time deciding, but let her give the waiter her order first.

Don't order food right away
If the date is going badly, you won't be stuck with the food commitment. If things are going well, order something that you can share, like some nachos or a plate of assorted appetizers.

Pay the bill
Yes, she wants to be treated equally, but she may still have an old-fashioned side that believes the man should pay on the first date. So don't ask her for half; just cough up the cash.

Conversation & body language

Ask open-ended questions
Ask her about her interests, her job, where she's traveled, whatever it takes to keep the conversation flowing. Yes or no questions will only create uncomfortable silences and leave you frustrated.
Pay attention to what she says
Listen closely, be attentive... you're learning about her. Remember; this information will be pertinent if there are more dates.

Avoid touchy topics
Steer clear of subjects like religion or politics, and maintain a positive tone throughout the conversation. Even talking about past relationships can be taboo. Save it for a later date.

Watch what you say
Telling crude and inappropriate stories or jokes may make her uncomfortable and will make you look like a pig.

Be honest
There's nothing worse than finding out that someone was lying to you, even on the first date. She doesn't want to hear fabricated stories that make you seem more interesting. So what if you work in a paper factory rather than at NASA? She's going to find out the truth at some point, so you might as well be upfront.

Don't push yourself on her
Blind dates are touchy and need to be handled carefully. She has no idea what type of person you are. For all she knows, you could be a stalker. Don't touch her if you aren't sure whether it's appropriate. If you touch her too soon, she'll think you're creepy. Let her lead the physical contact.

Start making plans for the next date
If the date went well and you had fun, tell her. If you'd like to see her again, let her know.
Leave on a positive note
You don't need to make this a blind date marathon. Hanging out for a couple of hours is sufficient. That way, you'll both be left wanting more.

Be clear

Make sure there's no confusion, even if you are disinterested. Saying vague things like "I'll call you" or "Let's call each other" makes you sound insincere.

what if...

...She doesn't show up for the blind date?
Wait no more then 20 minutes and leave. Don't call her to find out why she's late; she should be calling you. If she's late for your first date, she's probably not worth sticking around for.

...The date is a flop?
Be upfront and tell her the date isn't working out. Don't tell her you'll call her when you know you won't. Thank her for coming, say goodbye and leave.

...She brings a friend along?
You are either being checked out or given the brush-off. Either way, go along with it and see what happens. If she's making conversation with her friend rather than with you, then she isn't worth the time. If her attention is completely on you, then call a friend to come and join you. He can take care of her girlfriend, while you enjoy your blind date.

have a backup plan

However, there is a warning attached to all this advice. Always have a plan B in place just in case the date is a disaster. For instance, get a friend to call you after the first half-hour. If the date sucks, you can leave, using your friend as an excuse. If it's going well, use some kind of code word to indicate that you won't be needing his services.
That being said, there are are some steps you can follow to help make your blind date a success.

end on a high note

Not every woman will have the same first-date expectations. Some may have more stringent guidelines than others. Sometimes other factors come into play, such as how long ago she had her last relationship and how it ended. For all you know, she may be getting back into the dating scene after a harsh breakup with a boyfriend of 10 years.
The important thing is to have fun. If there is chemistry, great. If there isn't, just let it go. There are more blind dates where this one came from.

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
...and make sure you don't over analyze things, hehe

good luck brutha, dont worry about your hair, you've just met, its a clean slate, just go out there and charm the pants off her ;)

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Just go and have fun. Don't put a bunch of pressure on yourself - it's not a big deal.

too bald too furious said:

The Gardener

Reaction score
Good advice from Z... but I actually prefer to pick her up in my car. That way, I have some time during the drive to impress her with my collection of broadway show-tune CDs.

Oh, and don't forget the Binaca.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Nor the Copenhagen...

The Gardener said:
Oh, and don't forget the Binaca.

The Gardener

Reaction score
LOL.. and the half-empty bottle of Jim Beam in the glove compartment...

If she asks about it, tell her that it "helps you get freaky"

The Gardener

Reaction score
Hope it goes spendidly.

Here is my HONEST advice:

Just try to have fun! Instead of worrying about the eventual outcome of the date, concentrate MORE on just enjoying the time together. Have fun, be free and natural with her, and just let it flow.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Sage advice.

Remember, too bald, that dating is 50/50. Her liking you or not is only half of the equation. The other half, which is every bit as important, is your attraction (not just physical) to her...and it may or may not be there. Both cylinders have to fire. Dating is the act of finding the match that does. You have to kiss a lot of frogs..so don't pressure yourself. I can't even remember all the girls I had only one or two dates with. It's just the process, and the key to finding "the one" is dating a LOT! You can have a hell of a lot of fun along the way :p

By the way, Sunday is a fantastic first date day IMO. Very unintimidating, and if things go well you're strategically set for a layup the following weekend. If things don't go well, though, you haven't sacrificed a Friday or Saturday night.

You'll do fine.

The Gardener said:
Hope it goes spendidly.

Here is my HONEST advice:

Just try to have fun! Instead of worrying about the eventual outcome of the date, concentrate MORE on just enjoying the time together. Have fun, be free and natural with her, and just let it flow.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Absolutely! Work that switchboard!

Aplunk1 said:
You'll know you're lucky if you get a***.

jk, have a great time!

G

too bald too furious, good luck with it man.

but according to your sig, you are only a norwood 2.5 and you use toppik.

If all that is truth, i think the girl will never care about your hairloss.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
How did it go?