i hate shaving my head

will30

Reaction score
i have done it once in the last six months, its just too much work but also i hate how it makes me look. the buzzed look doesnt work because i can see my balding/receding. the complete shaved look would require too much maintenance. its been a three months since i last shaved it, and i am wondering with thinning and some loss happening on top(it looks thin), can i get a manageable hairstyle for this? can i grow it out or will it look wierder? i guess being a 30 year old virgin(i was asexual for a quite a few years) adds more to the problem when i am wanting to live young and i worry this brings me down.

will30

Reaction score
here are some pics, this was from when shaving months back

i had to change this post sorry.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
will30 said:
i have done it once in the last six months, its just too much work but also i hate how it makes me look. the buzzed look doesnt work because i can see my balding/receding. the complete shaved look would require too much maintenance. its been a three months since i last shaved it, and i am wondering with thinning and some loss happening on top(it looks thin), can i get a manageable hairstyle for this? can i grow it out or will it look wierder? i guess being a 30 year old virgin(i was asexual for a quite a few years) adds more to the problem when i am wanting to live young and i worry this brings me down.

http://www.hishairclinic.com

This company developed MHT, where permanent pigments are used to replicate hair follicles, to achieve the look of a full head of shaved hair. I haven't had it done yet but will do as soon as I get the money. The more hair you have remaining too, the better it will look. Tattooing your head sounds silly, but just check out the gallery. It looks great, and is very low maintenance.

s.a.f

Reaction score
A ridiculous idea for a guy who still has that much hair and hates the shaved down look. :shakehead:

will30

Reaction score
okay here's something for you, look at the front and just the shape of my head also when it was shaved.

Attachments

• Image205.jpg
    Image205.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 478
  • Image185.jpg
    Image185.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 399

will30

Reaction score
in that last one you can actually see the grandfather shadow on the front sides. also the second one i was trying a fade and don't think i did a good job with it.

will30

Reaction score
what kind of concealer? also. i like facial hair i just look manlier with it and am sporting the chin strap currently.

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
Cant say I support the chin strap...

But as far as your hair goes, you still look like you have plenty to mix in some concealer for big impovement. Toppik is one of the most popular brands that gives the best results.

Right now my hair is grown out cause I still have a lot of it but if it ever gets in the condition of yours I'll probably keepit buzzed on a number 7 or 8 guard (about an inch or so) and sprinkle toppik to get full head buzz cut hair. If it got real bad I'd consider micro pigmentation cause I actually like the shaved head look.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
A ridiculous idea for a guy who still has that much hair and hates the shaved down look. :shakehead:

Just a suggestion, before I knew about it I hated the shaved look too. It was mainly down to my hairline though. I also don't know anything about anything else hair loss related so I'm just getting my input in, regardless of how well thought out it is.

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
stableforehead said:
s.a.f said:

Just a suggestion, before I knew about it I hated the shaved look too. It was mainly down to my hairline though. I also don't know anything about anything else hair loss related so I'm just getting my input in, regardless of how well thought out it is.

When do you plan on getting micro scalp pigmentation done? WHat's ur hair look like now?

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Currently I buzz the sides to a 0 so that I can use dermmatch to bring the temple peaks forward and it looks great. On top it's just over and inch, but about 2.5 inches at the front. My hair's naturally thin and my hairline naturally high, so even once the recession is hidden it doesn't look too great, but it's better than displaying my norwood 2.5/3 in all its glory, as I'm only 18. I'd get MHT tomorrow if I had the money, but I'm unemployed, so once I get a full time job, I'm just gonna be reclusive (no change there) for a couple of months, then book the treatment, hopefully by April.

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
stableforehead said:
Currently I buzz the sides to a 0 so that I can use dermmatch to bring the temple peaks forward and it looks great. On top it's just over and inch, but about 2.5 inches at the front. My hair's naturally thin and my hairline naturally high, so even once the recession is hidden it doesn't look too great, but it's better than displaying my norwood 2.5/3 in all its glory, as I'm only 18. I'd get MHT tomorrow if I had the money, but I'm unemployed, so once I get a full time job, I'm just gonna be reclusive (no change there) for a couple of months, then book the treatment, hopefully by April.

Only thing that concerns me is what it's going to look like in the long term. The guy who invented MHT had his done ten years ago and I hear his still looks good. But if you're only 18, how about when you're nearly 40?

Dont get me wrong, I'm considering it as well if my hair ever gets to that point. You can always go in for touch up jobs and HIS hair clinic claim it can be removed via laser (though will it cause scarring?).

Here's how I see it. If looking bald is bugging a person that bad where they can't feel good about themselves and hurts their self esteem, then I say just go for it. Even if it starts to look fucked up in ten years, so what, at least you were able to live the rest of your teens and your twenties with confidence you would not of had looking bald. Dont blow your youth feeling depressed due to hair loss or anything else. Instead be happy and have fun cause those years go by quick and you'll never get em back.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
wendal said:
stableforehead said:

Only thing that concerns me is what it's going to look like in the long term. The guy who invented MHT had his done ten years ago and I hear his still looks good. But if you're only 18, how about when you're nearly 40?

Dont get me wrong, I'm considering it as well if my hair ever gets to that point. You can always go in for touch up jobs and HIS hair clinic claim it can be removed via laser (though will it cause scarring?).

Here's how I see it. If looking bald is bugging a person that bad where they can't feel good about themselves and hurts their self esteem, then I say just go for it. Even if it starts to look f***ed up in ten years, so what, at least you were able to live the rest of your teens and your twenties with confidence you would not of had looking bald. Dont blow your youth feeling depressed due to hair loss or anything else. Instead be happy and have fun cause those years go by quick and you'll never get em back.

Well yeah you answered your question for me; my image is much more important in my youth, not because I want to look beautiful, but because I want to conform and not have to worry so much. If the treatment still looks good when I'm 40, then it won't be a weird look, as many older men shave their heads and it can be quite a professional image.

The reason I decided on MHT was because getting a transplant at my age is just not a good idea and I'd always planned on getting MHT until I was in my late 20s, when I could get a transplant. However, the amount of transplant horror stories have put me off that and I think MHT might be enough. I just want to start having fun without worrying about dermmatch/ hairs falling out of place. I'm a shy person in general so would be even more self conscious if I just bit the bullet and accepted my hair loss.