I Got My First Hair System (before/after Pics)

evasive

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got it done yesterday so it's been less than 24 hours. Definitely feels weird to see myself with a full head of hair after a year.
They mentioned it's a "ultra thin skin" system, and not a poly or lace.. Real human hair. No knots.
I have to get it replaced every month or two. Appointments every 2 weeks to remove, clean, cut, style, etc.
It was bonded with Ghost bond XL, no tape.

The lady mentioned the "lace" at the hairline is completely transparent, which it is under most lighting. But with certain lightings and angle you can see it. But its not detectable unless someone looks at at my hair really really close.

Before and after:
before.jpg
after.jpg

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
How old are you? How detectable to touch is it in your opinion?

Noah

Reaction score
Looks really good Evasive; a well-judged design which complements your face shape.

The only small suggestion I would make for future systems is that you consider whether you would like a graduated hairline, where the density builds up more gradually in the front inch or so of the system. Yours doesn't look like it is graduated. With your facial structure you can carry that high density hairline off, but as you get a bit older you may want to go for some graduation.

But overall a great result. Enjoy!

Noah

evasive

Reaction score
Looks good man! Tbh you looked good before thiugh anyway.
Thanks! I think I looked OK/average before but having hair definitely helps frame the face and adds a couple points to the looks.
How old are you? How detectable to touch is it in your opinion?
I'm 30. I don't think it's detectable to touch, when I put my hands through it, it feels like hair with pomade in it. I wouldn't let people touch my hair though just like any guy with some styling products in his hair wouldn't want people to mess it up :)

Looks really good Evasive; a well-judged design which complements your face shape.

The only small suggestion I would make for future systems is that you consider whether you would like a graduated hairline, where the density builds up more gradually in the front inch or so of the system. Yours doesn't look like it is graduated. With your facial structure you can carry that high density hairline off, but as you get a bit older you may want to go for some graduation.

But overall a great result. Enjoy!

Noah

Hey Noah. Thanks man. You have provided a bunch of value to this forum and I've definitely gained a lot of knowledge from you.
The graduated hairline is definitely something I have to learn to do. With time, I will learn more and more on how to make it look as realistic as possible.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks, AMAZING!. Congratulations.

I agree with Noah, a slightly graduated hairline would make a really good system, perfect.

Most of us start to thin, even in our late teens, a thick hairline like that on most guys over 30 is not super-realistic.

But don't let me detract from the fact that it really does look SUPER.

You must be very happy with your choice, really nice, especially with the beard.

S.

JJ18

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks awesome!

Hi,

I just got it done yesterday so it's been less than 24 hours. Definitely feels weird to see myself with a full head of hair after a year.
They mentioned it's a "ultra thin skin" system, and not a poly or lace.. Real human hair. No knots.
I have to get it replaced every month or two. Appointments every 2 weeks to remove, clean, cut, style, etc.

The lady mentioned the "lace" at the hairline is completely transparent, which it is under most lighting. But with certain lightings and angle you can see it. But its not detectable unless someone looks at at my hair really really close.

Before and after:
View attachment 103365 View attachment 103366

ljhsapphire0604

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good result!Congra! And is there any uncomfortable feelings on your head? And it can only maintain two week,well,its too short. It may be expensive to most people.

BowdyBear

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Before and after:
View attachment 103365 View attachment 103366

Hi Evasive,

Do you mind my asking where you got it done? It looks really good and convincing. although replacing it that often at what I assume is an expensive system and also getting it cleaned quite that often would be out of my budget.

I would expect a system to last at least 6 months. I'm happy to get it cleaned and re-installed every 3-4 weeks but once a fortnight would be too expensive for my tastes.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Evasive,

Do you mind my asking where you got it done? It looks really good and convincing. although replacing it that often at what I assume is an expensive system and also getting it cleaned quite that often would be out of my budget.

I would expect a system to last at least 6 months. I'm happy to get it cleaned and re-installed every 3-4 weeks but once a fortnight would be too expensive for my tastes.

I think it's unrealistic to expect a hair system to last six months, and still look tip top.

Last edited:

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Evasive,

You can get 6 months but it might look a big ragged by then. I understand some places also do repairs, so that rather than replacing your system they will repair it, I guess by adding more hairs to where the system has shed.

As for the refits every few weeks: you will need to learn to do this yourself. I am just about managing this, yes it's hard but I've only been wearing 4 months. It does get easier as you learn more about the maintenance. Skin seems easier to manage than lace.

BowdyBear

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can get 6 months but it might look a big ragged by then. I understand some places also do repairs, so that rather than replacing your system they will repair it, I guess by adding more hairs to where the system has shed.

As for the refits every few weeks: you will need to learn to do this yourself. I am just about managing this, yes it's hard but I've only been wearing 4 months. It does get easier as you learn more about the maintenance. Skin seems easier to manage than lace.

Thanks for your responses all, it's so very confusing, I've seen some sites of apparently reputable places advise that some systems can last up to two years yet some places say 2 months max, I currently get my hair cut and shaved once a fortnight for £20 so a £50-60 re-groom every 3-4 weeks wouldn't be a big deal over what I spend about now.

My main issue is the price of these systems. If I'm looking at poss £600 every 3-4 months, it's just not in my budget, I guess I'll just have to stay balding :) MH2GO are saying it's £495 and this is supposed to last 6 months to a year, I can't afford a hell of a lot more than that. I get this isn't supposed to be cheap or easy but if it's prohibitively expensive, I could get surgery on credit for £100 a month.

I still so confused! I've found this to be such a minefield of information. Also, @Noah thanks so much for your message, I will add your suggestions to my research.

Thanks all, I'll keep researching.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing.
Can I hide the fact that I wear hair piece from my future wife? I ve asked this before but I want to know more opinions.