I Gave Up. I Shaved My Head. And I Feel...

Kratos2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
...GREAT! I cut the shackles and cuffs of balding and decided to be free.

I attached a photo. So glad I'm done with the "balding" look. Now I just feel like a normal guy with a specific hairstyle. Bald, not "hey look at that balding guy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190404-124052~2.png
    Screenshot_20190404-124052~2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,167

man12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
...GREAT! I cut the shackles and cuffs of balding and decided to be free.

I attached a photo. So glad I'm done with the "balding" look. Now I just feel like a normal guy with a specific hairstyle. Bald, not "hey look at that balding guy.
yea man! you didn't give up, you accepted it and you decided to rock the buzzcut. because it is not the end of your life if you lose hair

Kratos2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
looks great.....suits you mate.
I appreciate it. I'm so glad it does. I know how some people's heads aren't shaped for it. I was really worried.

Started going bald at 21. I always had blonde hair with a short buzz cut. My dad was in the military and a police officer. I moved out at age 19. And at age 20 I decided to finally grow my hair out.

I had it long in my eyes and in the back, sort of surfer style. I even highlighted the tips. Then only after about 9 months of enjoying finally having long hair for the first time in my life my girlfriend was like, "I don't know if it's the sun, and because you're blonde, but it looks like you have a bald spot on the back of your head.

Needless to say, only one year later I had to rock the faux hawk. Then I tried Rogaine and after about a year I just started buzzing it down again. Looked like Statham for a while, now I tried the full razor.

Yeah, I'm happy with the look. I just wish I could have enjoyed the long hair a bit more. My dad was happy I was balding. He loves how I look now. He said God was trying to save my life from having women's hair. Lmao. Whatever.

Chemichal Castration

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to say something that probably a lot of people won't agree but I think you have to think clearly about it.
Are you willing to lose your hair for the rest of your life? Are you willing to be bald or use hair systems/whatever?

I know its a burden so suffer from androgenetic alopecia, but it should not be taken lightly the decision of negating your hair - its a permanent change in you appearance, in your lifestyle. If you ever regret it in the long run, there isnt anything that will make you regrow after you follicle structure is completely damaged. Its irreversible.
Also, you need to be aware that now everyone will be calling you out for your massive change and new haircut but after it becomes an hot topic of conversation, you might feel dull and bored of it.

Don't quit so early, it's not something you can "go back" to if you feel like it. It's your decision though, you need to think about all the pros and cons.

Last edited:

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You look great in that single still image, with huge aviators, taken from a flattering side angle which you probably rehearsed numerous times.

Kratos2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
You look great in that single still image, with huge aviators, taken from a flattering side angle which you probably rehearsed numerous times.

You're right. Fair assessment. So right before I completely shaved my head I had a 1 guard with stubble. This is a picture with a full beard, sunglasses off so you can see my eyes. But what if the beard is making me look better? So here's a picture, straight on, with no beard, no sunglasses, straight on.

Can you give me your opinion? Stubble? Slick bald, beard? No beard? What's best?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190615-122945~2.png
    Screenshot_20190615-122945~2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 405
  • Screenshot_20190615-122744~2.png
    Screenshot_20190615-122744~2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 387

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're right. Fair assessment. So right before I completely shaved my head I had a 1 guard with stubble. This is a picture with a full beard, sunglasses off so you can see my eyes. But what if the beard is making me look better? So here's a picture, straight on, with no beard, no sunglasses, straight on.

Can you give me your opinion? Stubble? Slick bald, beard? No beard? What's best?

I think you look better clean shaven. Either way you’re clearly a good looking guy. Your post-hair life will be fine. All the best.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I guess you're one of the lucky ones. Most guys looks are affected quite dramatically when they go bald but if you still look ok slick bald then why not go with it!
Now you can stop obsessing about your hair, get off this forum and go live your life. Good luck!