I Found My Cure To Propecia Side Effects

cheeseburger

Reaction score
Guys I finally found my cure! I have been trying to use Propecia on a super low dose off and on for years now but my hair has been getting pretty bad lately. The only problem is every time I increase the dose my gyno would flare up and I would get brain fog. I've tried things link Zinc to help but I didn't notice much difference.

Finally the thing that worked for me was Tongat Ali. It has been amazingly effective! I'm not going to name any brands as it would just seem suspect given I don't really post here. All I'll say is I take one 400mg pill a day at the same time as I take Propecia. Beyond that I would assume as long as the brand is legitimate it should work. I took the Tongat Ali for about 2 weeks before I started going full dose propecia and gradually increased my propecia dose over a couple weeks after that. Hopefully the Tongat Ali doesn't ruin the effectiveness of the Propecia, time will tell. But I'm just so excited that I can finally take a full dose propecia without almost immediate side effects and I wanted to share my experience.

Calvino82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Glad it worked for you!

To everyone else, my best advice to beat Finasteride side effects is: stay away from Internet p0rn! Of course, i am kidding, but not so much! :))

cheeseburger

Reaction score
Thank you! I really hope some others on here with propecia side effects give it a try and report back. The difference in my body's ability to handle propecia has been night and day. It is not a subtle difference. Tongat Ali is an aromatase inhibitor so it makes sense that it helps. I'd love if people could try it and report their experience. I really feel like this could help a lot of people!

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I might try it! I JUST started topical finasteride. I bought .05 percent but don’t need the enter dosage to cover the spots I need so take half (.025 percent)! No sides that I can tell… but I do have itch in my nipples - which worries me. Might be psychosomatic who knows.

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I see why that could help, I believe DIM could also help.

How's your libido?
What’s DIM?
Honestly, everything else is perfectly normal, libido has changed a bit. Just this weird itch and tingle in my chest which is worrisome.

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Something that metabolizes excess estrogen. Hell I've seen it cure people with PFS too.
Interesting. Any risks to either of these things?
weird I feel completely fine other than this nipple itch! Also weird that .025 percent topical is causing this only a few weeks in. Bummer, loads of people take 1mg per day orally and don’t miss a beat

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@TheBlackSuit I'll check that out.
Would it make sense to look for Liposmal Topical? Does that actually make a bigger difference? I'm scaling back to every other day (but that puts me at .0125% topical which i doubt will make a dent in the DHT and assist my hair that much... Kind of diminishing my returns on this if i'm avoiding the SE.

cheeseburger

Reaction score
Yes I see why that could help, I believe DIM could also help.

How's your libido?
My libido never really took a huge hit from propecia but maybe because I never did it for long enough at a high enough dose. I will say since starting the Tongat Ali and propecia at a regular dose, my libido has been higher than normal. My guess is with propecia blocking Testosterone from converting to DHT and the Tongat Ali blocking Testosterone from converting to Estrogen... My Testosterone is probably pretty high right now.

cheeseburger

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with DIM myself but I can say with Tongat Ali, in clinical trials it lowered estrogen, increased Testosterone and didn't have a material impact on DHT. So hopefully Tongat Ali can help with the propecia sides (it has enormously for me) without increasing hair loss. Though I know Testosterone can result in hair loss to some extent as well. Time will tell. But I will report back here.

bobdobbs416

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully the Tongat Ali doesn't ruin the effectiveness of the Propecia, time will tell.

Ive been using Tongat Ali for muscle growth for a while and just started finasteride recently. Finasteride seems to be working so far.

Hopefully I will not get any sides when i cycle off Tongat Ali.

Reaction score
I'm on a low dose of topical Finasteride (0,15 mg EOD) and have since about 1 month been taking a low dose of DIM (125mg a day). It seems to help with suppressing the side effects of Finasteride through the suppression of Oestrogen and mild increase of Testosterone. My cardio has noticeably improved as well a my lifting workouts. Mentally I feel sharper and and more eager to get things done. I have noticed a slight increase in shedding but not of miniaturised hairs.

cheeseburger

Reaction score
I just wanted to follow up as I am now at almost 2 months of a full dose propecia with Tongat Ali and I have had zero propecia side effects. It is now irrefutable to me that Tongat Ali has been an enormous benefit and seemingly will allow me to continue to take a full dose propecia without side effects for the first time. And I've tried many many times over the years.

DraterToggaf

My Regimen
Reaction score
tongkat ali is one of the few herbal supplements that noticeably affect me. gives me uncontrollable rage, have tested several times lol. strong stuff

cheeseburger

Reaction score
I actually felt a little bit of that the first couple days of taking it with propecia. I figured my testosterone was likely through the roof if propecia was stopping testosterone from converting to DHT while Tongat Ali was stopping testosterone from converting to estrogen. But within a few days i felt perfectly normal.

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I finally found my cure! I have been trying to use Propecia on a super low dose off and on for years now but my hair has been getting pretty bad lately. The only problem is every time I increase the dose my gyno would flare up and I would get brain fog. I've tried things link Zinc to help but I didn't notice much difference.

Finally the thing that worked for me was Tongat Ali. It has been amazingly effective! I'm not going to name any brands as it would just seem suspect given I don't really post here. All I'll say is I take one 400mg pill a day at the same time as I take Propecia. Beyond that I would assume as long as the brand is legitimate it should work. I took the Tongat Ali for about 2 weeks before I started going full dose propecia and gradually increased my propecia dose over a couple weeks after that. Hopefully the Tongat Ali doesn't ruin the effectiveness of the Propecia, time will tell. But I'm just so excited that I can finally take a full dose propecia without almost immediate side effects and I wanted to share my experience.
Thanks for the info. Have you had any side effects from finasteride in the videos of losing your beard, body hair, etc.? If so, did Tongat Ali help you through this?