I Found My Cure To Propecia Side Effects

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's up to you and your priorities.
If it's worsening your life significantly..
I healed almost 100% after a year of PFS. I then didnt take any dht blockers for 4 years or so. But had No further improvements, so then I took dht blockers again. Many with PFS never return to 100%. It sux but thats reality.

cheeseburger

Reaction score
Hey @cheeseburger are the TA gains still present? Cause i know many ppl develop tolerance after a few months of usage and lose the wanted effects.
Gains as in muscle gains? I have been weightlifting regularly for about a year now. Most of that was before taking TA and as a beginner I obviously had good gains. After I started to plateau I started taking TA. I have noticed continued gains in the last few months but it is slow and steady. I really can't say if TA has helped with that for sure.

Though I feel like without the TA, the propecia would have potentially hurt my body composition and I might not be gaining at all if I wasn't on TA. I just don't know.

As for tolerance I can't say for sure. I did notice a couple times now in the last month since taking TA and a full dose propecia that my chest felt a little sensitive (nothing compared to before TA) and when that happens I take two doses of TA (which is actually what the bottle recommends to dose at) and the sensitivity was gone within a day. Then I go back to 1 pill a day and that seems to fix it.

I am so far still VERY happy with how much TA has helped me with sides.

Salugi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gains as in muscle gains? I have been weightlifting regularly for about a year now. Most of that was before taking TA and as a beginner I obviously had good gains. After I started to plateau I started taking TA. I have noticed continued gains in the last few months but it is slow and steady. I really can't say if TA has helped with that for sure.

Though I feel like without the TA, the propecia would have potentially hurt my body composition and I might not be gaining at all if I wasn't on TA. I just don't know.

As for tolerance I can't say for sure. I did notice a couple times now in the last month since taking TA and a full dose propecia that my chest felt a little sensitive (nothing compared to before TA) and when that happens I take two doses of TA (which is actually what the bottle recommends to dose at) and the sensitivity was gone within a day. Then I go back to 1 pill a day and that seems to fix it.

I am so far still VERY happy with how much TA has helped me with sides.
Regarding bfog?

cheeseburger

Reaction score
I'm going to give probably my last update on this as I really want people to know how much this might be able to help them, like it has me, but I'm happy to say I'm looking to move on from the topic of hairloss for a while. It has now been about 6 months since starting Tongat Ali and then regularly taking a full dose of Propecia.

To this day Tongat Ali has continued to virtually completely eliminate the side effects I was getting from Propecia. And I can now definitively say that it also hasn't eliminated the effectiveness of Propecia in fighting hairloss. I can't say for sure the Propecia wouldn't be more effective without the Tongat Ali but honestly I don't really care because it unfortunately wasn't worth the side effects I was experiencing.

My issue has always been primarily a receeding hairline and after 6 months my thinning temples have improved quite a bit, where previously I was starting to lose quite a bit of ground with Rogaine and Nizoral alone. My hairloss has stopped and I have very slowly over 6 months been making up lost ground. My hairline hasn't filled in where the hair was completely gone but the area where it was getting very thin, is now much thicker and I am very content with my hairline the way it is now (Norwood 2ish, where it was quickly moving towards Norwood 3 in the last year).

I experience almost no side effects now and if I do start to feel any sensitivity in my chest, all I have to do is maybe skip one dose of Propecia and take a 2nd dose of Tongat Ali and I'm good to go. I feel like maybe once a month or so I will notice a slight sensitivity and have to do this. But keep in mind, before Tongat Ali, even .25mg EOD would result in substantial chest sensitivity within days.

Again this is probably my last update. I'll end it with if you really want to be on Propecia but the side effects have been bothering you, I really would recommend giving this a chance. Get one bottle, 400mg per pill, from a source you trust, and give it until the end of the bottle. If you don't notice a significant improvement by the end of a 30-60 pill bottle, then you might not be a good responder. But for about $15 and to be this helpful for me, I really can't say enough about this. I really hope some more people give it a shot. And again for those that try it, I hope you post back here on your results. I feel like it will help more people than it doesn't.

Last edited:

cheeseburger

Reaction score
@cheeseburger

Did you notice any decrease in your libido before you started taking TA? If so did TA help in that regard?
Not really, I just noticed more watery semen. That said, I developed gyno lumps within a month of taking Propecia and had to get off of it. Perhaps if I had taken a higher dose for longer I might have experienced more libido issues.

I will say I didn't really get watery semen with Propecia when I was on Tongat Ali. I believe that sometimes goes away with people if they just keep taking Propecia but with the Tongat Ali I might have had very slightly more watery semen for a few days and it was then basically back to normal. I did howevet notice for the first couple weeks of taking Tongat Ali and Propecia I had a higher libido than normal but it has since stabilized at normal levels.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IT does work, i got insane sides with RU which i even sent out for testing to a lab, i only use 50 mg CB and i notice it will halt hairloss even from DHT type steroids such as Primo, mast, provi, DHB, i am very happy, i still use a very low dose Finasteride every 72 hours, 0.25 mg

I'm going to give probably my last update on this as I really want people to know how much this might be able to help them, like it has me, but I'm happy to say I'm looking to move on from the topic of hairloss for a while. It has now been about 6 months since starting Tongat Ali and then regularly taking a full dose of Propecia.

To this day Tongat Ali has continued to virtually completely eliminate the side effects I was getting from Propecia. And I can now definitively say that it also hasn't eliminated the effectiveness of Propecia in fighting hairloss. I can't say for sure the Propecia wouldn't be more effective without the Tongat Ali but honestly I don't really care because it unfortunately wasn't worth the side effects I was experiencing.

My issue has always been primarily a receeding hairline and after 6 months my thinning temples have improved quite a bit, where previously I was starting to lose quite a bit of ground with Rogaine and Nizoral alone. My hairloss has stopped and I have very slowly over 6 months been making up lost ground. My hairline hasn't filled in where the hair was completely gone but the area where it was getting very thin, is now much thicker and I am very content with my hairline the way it is now (Norwood 2ish, where it was quickly moving towards Norwood 3 in the last year).

I experience almost no side effects now and if I do start to feel any sensitivity in my chest, all I have to do is maybe skip one dose of Propecia and take a 2nd dose of Tongat Ali and I'm good to go. I feel like maybe once a month or so I will notice a slight sensitivity and have to do this. But keep in mind, before Tongat Ali, even .25mg EOD would result in substantial chest sensitivity within days.

Again this is probably my last update. I'll end it with if you really want to be on Propecia but the side effects have been bothering you, I really would recommend giving this a chance. Get one bottle, 400mg per pill, from a source you trust, and give it until the end of the bottle. If you don't notice a significant improvement by the end of a 30-60 pill bottle, then you might not be a good responder. But for about $15 and to be this helpful for me, I really can't say enough about this. I really hope some more people give it a shot. And again for those that try it, I hope you post back here on your results. I feel like it will help more people than it doesn't.

This is quite interesting. Tongkat Ali blocks E2, which would balance the increase in E2 by taking Finasteride and keeping you with healthy levels of Total Test and Free Test.

What is your current finasteride dosage and which Tongkat Ali brand are you using?

I would also say adding a little Pregnenonlone (10mg a day) could help since Finasteride also blocks AlloPregnenolone partially.

I am glad you have found something that works for you. I guess this is why my lean friends have little sides on finasteride, they just have low estrogen as well and manage to keep their hormones in balance.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I finally found my cure! I have been trying to use Propecia on a super low dose off and on for years now but my hair has been getting pretty bad lately. The only problem is every time I increase the dose my gyno would flare up and I would get brain fog. I've tried things link Zinc to help but I didn't notice much difference.

Finally the thing that worked for me was Tongat Ali. It has been amazingly effective! I'm not going to name any brands as it would just seem suspect given I don't really post here. All I'll say is I take one 400mg pill a day at the same time as I take Propecia. Beyond that I would assume as long as the brand is legitimate it should work. I took the Tongat Ali for about 2 weeks before I started going full dose propecia and gradually increased my propecia dose over a couple weeks after that. Hopefully the Tongat Ali doesn't ruin the effectiveness of the Propecia, time will tell. But I'm just so excited that I can finally take a full dose propecia without almost immediate side effects and I wanted to share my experience.
fish oil or anythign that aids poduction of nitric oxide works as well

SnortingFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is quite interesting. Tongkat Ali blocks E2, which would balance the increase in E2 by taking Finasteride and keeping you with healthy levels of Total Test and Free Test.

What is your current finasteride dosage and which Tongkat Ali brand are you using?

I would also say adding a little Pregnenonlone (10mg a day) could help since Finasteride also blocks AlloPregnenolone partially.

I am glad you have found something that works for you. I guess this is why my lean friends have little sides on finasteride, they just have low estrogen as well and manage to keep their hormones in balance.
I'm experiencing insomnia while on finasteride... I do 0.25mg EOD. Note that 0.25mg is the 3rd dose I'm trying.

Both 1.25mg and 0.83mg (I cut 5mg proscar into 6 pieces) gave me insomnia too.

Will taking 10mg pregnenolone can help me with insomnia?

Will there be side effects? Should I take it daily? Or on the days I take finasteride?

What about progesterone cream?

Should I just get on sleeping pills? I don't wanna lose any more of my hair... f***.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Whats the signifiance of this article

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm experiencing insomnia while on finasteride... I do 0.25mg EOD. Note that 0.25mg is the 3rd dose I'm trying.

Both 1.25mg and 0.83mg (I cut 5mg proscar into 6 pieces) gave me insomnia too.

Will taking 10mg pregnenolone can help me with insomnia?

Will there be side effects? Should I take it daily? Or on the days I take finasteride?

What about progesterone cream?

Should I just get on sleeping pills? I don't wanna lose any more of my hair... f***.

You can't take progesterone, it will shut you down.

Switch to Topical Finasteride at 0.025%, the only tolerable dose that is effective against hair loss

I can't tell you about Pregnenolone, try it and see if it helps

I also had insomnia and had to take sleeping pills on oral finasteride and dutasteride