I finally got the angle on my haircut I wanted to.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, looks exactly like my hair apart from I have receeded as well. Mine is about a #3 at the moment, I was trying to grow it out as I know that the diffusion doesnt really stand out at about #4+ but it looks mega thin at the moment, Im thinking of buzzing it back down to a 1 or 2 now after looking at it in bright light. There is so much space inbetween hairs its unbelievable. Even when its normal/dark you can still see my scalp.

Whats the normal for #3 on someone without hairloss? Can you see their scalp? Same question for a #2

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes of course scalp is visible. its even visibile along my thicker sides. but that being said two of my buddies with normal hair have guard 1 buzzcuts. The only diff is that theres no diff btwn their sides and top, but they have thicker hair naturally so its almost totally dark but scalp will always be visiible unless your follicles were literally super crammed into ur scalp, but thats pretty well impossible.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Well my hair looks half invisible so thats kinda a problem, I think half of the problem is that Im blonde so will never look that thick. Ill have to post some photos of light and normal shots. I got some on my phone but that is playing up big time when Im trying to get it to work on my comp. My sides and back look pretty similar in thickness to my top just that they face down rather than spike up

But I would say my hair is very similar to your + my receeding. Think I will try growing it for another week then probably buzz it off to a #1 if it still looks rubbish. Once I put some weight on Ill def have it on a #0, Ive just lost quite abit of muscle over the last year and a half :(

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair actually used to be blonde. Its more of a brownish now but my hair looks invisible because for 1 the density is garbage. secondly, it may not be blonde but its not heavily pigmented either. hell both my parents went grey before they turned 40, and im beginning to gray too. The point is, the calibre is so thin, and the pigment so light, that light just passes right through my hairs.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I grew it to just over a #4 and it looked crap. So I buzzed it back down a #2 last night, and I must admit it looks alot better. Dont think its getting grown out again!

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
Get a guy to jack off on your bald patch and see if new hair grows in. Can't be any worse, it's worth a shot. See if you can come up with the once and final cure. :jackit:

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
I get confused when both Ragin and Mac are postin on the same thread :)

Slowburn,
Most of your posts are sarcastic remarks or just plain stupid, get a grip of it because it aint helping anyone.

Mac, I think you are exaggerating. It is not scalp we see on that picture but just the reflection of very very intense light from your head. It is impossible to even see anything.

and if you call this viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38944&p=354995&hilit=natural#p354995
nw5 then well, I dont know what to say. You are not even balding on that picture.
Maybe some diffusion (impossible to say when buzzed) but not anywhere near as bad as you are potraying it.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
bobs said:
I get confused when both Ragin and Mac are postin on the same thread :)

Slowburn,
Most of your posts are sarcastic remarks or just plain stupid, get a grip of it because it aint helping anyone.

Mac, I think you are exaggerating. It is not scalp we see on that picture but just the reflection of very very intense light from your head. It is impossible to even see anything.

and if you call this viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38944&p=354995&hilit=natural#p354995
nw5 then well, I dont know what to say. You are not even balding on that picture.
Maybe some diffusion (impossible to say when buzzed) but not anywhere near as bad as you are potraying it.
lmao sorry boobs, let me know when you're off the rag. :youbet: