I Dont Think Dutasteride Works For Stopping Hair Loss

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have been using .5mg avodart dutasteride daily for over 4 months now and no decrease in hair loss. I dont believe that dutasteride is a successful treatment alone to stop hair loss. Thinking to add finasteride? What is everyones opinion on this. Thanks.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately treatments don't work for everyone and this is also why many believe that there are other factors at play besides androgens.

Although you haven't seen a decrease in hair loss, have you noticed more thinning and/or recession? I've been on finasteride for over 3 years and I still shed a sh*t although, but my hair is still the same.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still receding at the temples and losing the same amount of hair as when i started. Ive been to see hair loss companies and they have said i have angrogenic alopecia.

How much do you shed?

I read about people going through a shed on finasteride and duta but i cant say i have experienced one big enough to notice. I just would of thought that by 4 months i would have stopped losing hair?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear what your saying.

What is your regime? What positive signs have you had and how long did it take you to see them?

ForeverLacey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have been using .5mg avodart dutasteride daily for over 4 months now and no decrease in hair loss. I dont believe that dutasteride is a successful treatment alone to stop hair loss. Thinking to add finasteride? What is everyones opinion on this. Thanks.

Perhaps you should invest a little time into researching how these drugs work and how hormonal changes effect hair growth cycles before making conclusions.

ForeverLacey

My Regimen
Reaction score
the shed on finasteirde is an online myth

This is not a myth, these drugs are known to trigger telogen effluviums at the start of use. For some non responders this can persist until the drug is discontinued.

Last edited:

ForeverLacey

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are familiar with how DHT inhibitors work then you shall have a better understanding of the link I'm providing you with as source. I also have experienced Telogen Effluvium on numerous occasions and have a great amount of knowledge in hair loss relating to hormonal imbalances..

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1071566-overview

Last edited:

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used Finasteride for a year with significant decrease in hair loss and then I moved on to Duta which I have been using since March, which decreased my hair loss even further but I have yet to see any regrowth from either. A decent amount of people get at least a slight thickening up on dutasteride (basically regain what you lost in the past year or two at most, everything else is luxury). So there are various degrees results from finasteride/duta so not getting anything desirable from treatment is not out of the question.

Did you use finasteride before moving to duta?

Heazy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using finasteride for 2 years now and i'm still shedding.
4 month ago i have decided to add dustareride to my regimen ( 1 pill each week) but i'm still shedding , i'm goind to increase the dose of dutasteride soon.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
actually 65% experience the regrowth even on finasteride. dutasteride should be much higher, like 85% experience thickening of existing hair. if you look at the studies they suggest dutasteride is effective in deminiaturizing, much more than finasteride is

...and then there are people like me who don't. I guess I am one of those remaining 15% then.

frank1980

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
...and then there are people like me who don't. I guess I am one of those remaining 15% then.
If dutasteride hasn't slowed your hair loss then either you're just experiencing a shed before stronger hair replace them or you have hair follicles that are susceptible to other androgens besides dht. Dutasteride kills over 90% of dht so unless you have a bad batch of dutasteride or you are somehow (very unlikely) immune to dutasteride then the only other possible explanation is that your hair follicles are being attacked by other androgens or you're experiencing a temporary shed.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using finasteride for 2 years now and i'm still shedding.
4 month ago i have decided to add dustareride to my regimen ( 1 pill each week) but i'm still shedding , i'm goind to increase the dose of dutasteride soon.

Still shedding after 2 years!? sh*t man that aint good. Im no professional but sounds like it isnt working?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If dutasteride hasn't slowed your hair loss then either you're just experiencing a shed before stronger hair replace them or you have hair follicles that are susceptible to other androgens besides dht. Dutasteride kills over 90% of dht so unless you have a bad batch of dutasteride or you are somehow (very unlikely) immune to dutasteride then the only other possible explanation is that your hair follicles are being attacked by other androgens or you're experiencing a temporary shed.

Are there tests we can have done to see which androgens are attacking the hair follicle? Would a blood test do this?

My doctor recently did a blood test on me to see if im deficient in anything which could be causing hair loss but im yet to get the results back. Will keep you guys posted.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are familiar with how DHT inhibitors work then you shall have a better understanding of the link I'm providing you with as source. I also have experienced Telogen Effluvium on numerous occasions and have a great amount of knowledge in hair loss relating to hormonal imbalances..

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1071566-overview

How would you know if you have Telogen effluvium? It sounds a bit like what im experiencing in that the hair thats falling out appears to be from all over my head as its all different lengths.

frank1980

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How would you know if you have Telogen effluvium? It sounds a bit like what im experiencing in that the hair thats falling out appears to be from all over my head as its all different lengths.
It's tough to tell.

ForeverLacey

My Regimen
Reaction score

There is the less invasive hair pull test which you can do yourself at home. Then there is a scalp biopsy along with blood work which isn't probably necessary as you have just demolished your DHT levels which could easily trigger a Telogen Effluvium.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I take it since 2010..its effective and I have experienced no side effects that I am aware of. My unterstanding is that it builds up slowly in the system. If you dont experience significant side effects..continue.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take it since 2010..its effective and I have experienced no side effects that I am aware of. My unterstanding is that it builds up slowly in the system. If you dont experience significant side effects..continue.

Thanks for your reply.

How long did it take before you stopped noticing hair fall out?

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride and dutasteride are all snake oils and bro science. There is no medication currently available that stops male pattern baldness.