I Don't Get It I Just Don't Get It.

RickyH

My Regimen
Reaction score
Given the dire, morbid and objectively life ruining consequences of hair loss, why in the unholiest of f*** is it treated so lightly by society?! If we are depressed by our hair loss (or more the consequences that come with it) how is it acceptable to tell us to "man up" out of one corner of the mouth and hurl dehumanizing invectives at us out of the other? It's truly mind boggling!

Why is there no awareness groups dedicated to the suffering of balding men? Why are there no activist groups defending the sufferer's humanity? It's treated as a universal joke and it's ultimately demoralizing.

This factor above all is what truly leads me to believe that hair loss is a genuine curse. It's chronic, incurable, comprehensively devastating, and no one gives a sh*t

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Bald people are second class citizens (or third class if you like). That's why it's acceptable to make fun of us and treat us so terribly. The joke is on us anyway. We can have all the money, intelligence, health etc. in the world but in the end we're bald. That means that we won't be accepted by society, won't be able to have a family and won't ultimately be happy. Hint: society doesn't want you, baldy, and you should know your place.

People do not ridicule me because I look scary. But, if they did ridicule me, I would just say "I am a second or third class citizen and I must bear it. If I didn't want it, I should not have gone bald. Although it wasn't my fault to go bald, society thinks that it is and that's all that matters."

I am reminded of a line in one of my favourite novels, The Brothers Karamazov uttered by Grigory. It goes something like
"I am a dependant, and if the powers that be wish to mock me, then I must endure it."

Replace dependant with bald and you have the mindset that you need to adopt as a bald guy. Your life is completely ruined and you must endure it.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because it's not a life threatening disease. I don't see the problem.. rather have people treat it lightly than pity you.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Because it's not a life threatening disease. I don't see the problem.. rather have people treat it lightly than pity you.

Jordan Peterson says that the meaning of life is to have children in the setting of a traditional nuclear family. As a bald hetero guy, you could find it impossible to find somebody willing to marry you. So, you might consider your life meaningless or worthless. That's life threatening in a round about way.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been like that forever basically. Even Bible talks about that - 2 Kings 2:23-25

Youths mocked bald guy calling him "baldy", he cursed them then God sent 2 bears to maul them.
ah, my favorite bible verse

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s in the new Assassins Creed game as well. Literally an entire cut scene you can choose if you click “make fun of him being bald”.
that's fucked up..
does the assassin guy ever remove his hood in those games?

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's so true. People mock it all the time. It's a life shatering, crippling, chronic condition that can dramatically alter how you view yourself. Yet people laugh at it and joke. People are hypocrites and mostly just do what others do and what they are told. Very few people are genuinely empathetic and think for themselves. Like I've had hot girls talk to me, and the second they bring up "standards" they have for hair or talk about balding, not knowing I'm balding, I just completely cut them off and never talk to them again. Most unattractive quality ever. Lack of self awareness and empathy.

Last edited:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I know, its awful isnt it. Can you think of any another condition that is simultaneously downplayed, yet stigmitized at the same time as much as male pattern baldness? When people can openly hate bald men and no one bats an eyelash, you know baldness is the last bastion of political incorrectness. This society, how they treat us makes me want to climb the clocktower.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look, people don’t even care about male suicide rates skyrocketing (4 times the number of female suicides in the UK), you should not be surprised about society not shedding a tear about what is in their eyes a genetically inferior speciman, being robbed of his romantic options.

Men are disposable to society and have always been, men and women are willing to sacrifice you in trenches in the million, so why would they care about a minority of men being unhappy?

blackg

Reaction score
Bald people are second class citizens (or third class if you like). That's why it's acceptable to make fun of us and treat us so terribly. The joke is on us anyway. We can have all the money, intelligence, health etc. in the world but in the end we're bald. That means that we won't be accepted by society, won't be able to have a family and won't ultimately be happy. Hint: society doesn't want you, baldy, and you should know your place.

People do not ridicule me because I look scary. But, if they did ridicule me, I would just say "I am a second or third class citizen and I must bear it. If I didn't want it, I should not have gone bald. Although it wasn't my fault to go bald, society thinks that it is and that's all that matters."

I am reminded of a line in one of my favourite novels, The Brothers Karamazov uttered by Grigory. It goes something like
"I am a dependant, and if the powers that be wish to mock me, then I must endure it."

Replace dependant with bald and you have the mindset that you need to adopt as a bald guy. Your life is completely ruined and you must endure it.
Good post.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
invectives

I'm yoinking that one

It's so true. People mock it all the time. It's a life shatering, crippling, chronic condition that can dramatically alter how you view yourself. Yet people laugh at it and joke. People are hypocrites and mostly just do what others do and what they are told. Very few people are genuinely empathetic and think for themselves. Like I've had hot girls talk to me, and the second they bring up "standards" they have for hair or talk about balding, not knowing I'm balding, I just completely cut them off and never talk to them again. Most unattractive quality ever. Lack of self awareness and empathy.

Having "standards" about a guy having perfect hair is fine but as soon as a guy expects behavioral standards, self-discipline, and responsibility out of a girlfriend everybody loses their minds

Riddim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Feminism, vanity, degeneracy, and technology conquered the world. Women have too many rights at this time. The state is their new provider, which means that women can devote all attention to a man's looks. Bald? Pass. Ugly? Pass. Wage cuck? pass. Not top 1% face? Pass. Not top 1% genetics? Pass. Baldies are just at the bottom of an endless pit of demands that didn't exist in the old world, because women had no choice other than to shut up and put out.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Feminism, vanity, degeneracy, and technology conquered the world. Women have too many rights at this time. The state is their new provider, which means that women can devote all attention to a man's looks. Bald? Pass. Ugly? Pass. Wage cuck? pass. Not top 1% face? Pass. Not top 1% genetics? Pass. Baldies are just at the bottom of an endless pit of demands that didn't exist in the old world, because women had no choice other than to shut up and put out.

Screw women, I need hair for myself, to love myself again.