I Did Something Dumb. Need Reassurance.

MrsC

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using Minoxidil for about 5 years and it works for me, very well. I purchased a hairmax laser about 3 months ago, I like it. So, what do I do? I discontinued the Minoxidil! I thought perhaps I didn't need it anymore. WRONG! This was about 1 1/2 - 2 months ago. For awhile all was well, no shedding or hair loss. But then . . . for the last couple of weeks I have been shedding dramatically, extremely horribly shedding. I have been trying everything to cover it up, hair powders, hair placement etc. First thing in the morning I run to the bathroom to try to hide my scalp before I see anyone. I am so stressed about this. About a week and a half ago I re-started Minoxidil and am praying that it will work again. Why did I ever do something so dumb? If my hair comes back I will never do this again. I would like to know if anyone has ever quit Minoxidil and started again and had good results?

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. Use finasteride also? Mine goes in 4 month cycles of loss, and scalp, then it repairs a bit enough to make me relax again.