I Castrated Myself To Halt Baldness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ikarus and @Sonolmn98 you are both nuts and wanna be nutless. Don't get me wrong when I say it's disturbing. Trust me, for the average Joes like me and others that don't struggle with dysmorphia, this is an absolute craziness. But, but, but! It is your body and it should be your choice. At the end of the day, if this is what makes you feel satisfied and happy with yourselves, by all means do it! Just because I am saying it's disturbing, it doesn't mean I'm trashing or trolling you.

Why do you feel as if you need to comment on our choices?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you feel as if you need to comment on our choices?

Mainly because you've posted on anpublic domain and in a thread that I've been following for a long time. probably longer than you. If you want to not be bothered go private. But ultimately you're right, I am wasting precious time even replying to you. So ignore seems a much better choice.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mainly because you've posted on anpublic domain and in a thread that I've been following for a long time. probably longer than you. If you want to not be bothered go private. But ultimately you're right, I am wasting precious time even replying to you. So ignore seems a much better choice.

You tagged me, and felt as if you needed to comment on my decisions. That’s your own issue; just go somewhere else if you have an issue with us!

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You tagged me, and felt as if you needed to comment on my decisions. That’s your own issue; just go somewhere else if you have an issue with us!
If whatb understood from my post is that I have an issue with you then there's a communication issue. I'mbhonna continue posting wherever I feel like and if you feel singled out then have conversations in private... Whatever dude... Or dudess or whateve you identify as... I sincerely wish youbl success onbyour path and hopefully your experience can help others that may follow your path..

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been 6 months so far, my regimen was 6mg estradiol after orchiectomy, no minoxidil or finestride were used

Before (November 2018)
View attachment 123337

Now
View attachment 123338
Still stubborn loss, probably will need minoxidil but the density is all back thanks to estrogen
View attachment 123339
dark circles from sleep deprivation, iam only worried about the puffy face thing from minoxdil thats why iam still hesitant to use it, plus the hassle of applying it every 12 hours it is painful, it is just a constant reminder that i have a bald spot and it is not guaranteed to work, i will be better off using topical E instead because E2 seems like the game changer so far, i though the hairloss at the crown is supposed to be easier to reverse but it is not the case for me, with all these hormonal shifts and iam still missing hair there, but i think it is filling in slowly, will just have to wait, i can easily hide since my hair density in other parts are good

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not just wear a good wig? if you aren't into sex, nobody would have ever assumed you were wearing a wig. sex is probably a wigs only real weakness (unless the girl never touches your hair, but that's not realistic.). I obviously don't know your full story but I personally love testosterone despite what it's doing to my hair lol. To each his own though and I hope you don't regret what you've done down the line.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
. To each his own though and I hope you don't regret what you've done down the line.

This is always my concern but to be fair towards the OP I think his mind is settled on this. for the average individual this course of action is of course insane but it’s important at the same time not to come off as judgemental. I think OP just has different priorities to an average man.

HLV

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not just wear a good wig? if you aren't into sex, nobody would have ever assumed you were wearing a wig. sex is probably a wigs only real weakness (unless the girl never touches your hair, but that's not realistic.). I obviously don't know your full story but I personally love testosterone despite what it's doing to my hair lol. To each his own though and I hope you don't regret what you've done down the line.

Testflopsterone

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now that hair cloning will be out by Tsuji I bet OP feels rather silly to say the least.

To be honest I hope the OP always has the same frame of mind he has now because if he regrets his decision even a little in the future, the realisation of what he’s actually done would be pretty bad.

HLV

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now that hair cloning will be out by Tsuji I bet OP feels rather silly to say the least.
nope actually, i enjoy the benefits of androgen-deprivation ( low T) and hair was a good bonus, not to mention the sense of calmness and the anti-aging and longevity effects of castration, which all i wanted since hitting puberty, i feel more complete now and even if there was a valid treatment for male pattern baldness i would still remain as i wanted because it is only the way to ease my dysphoria and live life

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nope actually, i enjoy the benefits of androgen-deprivation ( low T) and hair was a good bonus, not to mention the sense of calmness and the anti-aging and longevity effects of castration, which all i wanted since hitting puberty, i feel more complete now and even if there was a valid treatment for male pattern baldness i would still remain as i wanted because it is only the way to ease my dysphoria and live life
How is it anti aging when lack of T will cause osteoporosis and fragile bones and sh*t?

Are you homosexual or trans that you are ok with this? Can't see heterosexual man being ok doing something so drastic. But you have my respect.

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it anti aging when lack of T will cause osteoporosis and fragile bones and sh*t?

Are you homosexual or trans that you are ok with this? Can't see heterosexual man being ok doing something so drastic. But you have my respect.
iam under the supervision of an endocrinologist and all side effects are monitored and supplied with hormones, i can chose what hormone profile and level that i wish to have at any age, iam sure many men are on trt despite having their testicles and i was low on t even before that so it is nothing new to me, and yes iam trans, got a problem there?

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
iam under the supervision of an endocrinologist and all side effects are monitored and supplied with hormones, i can chose what hormone profile and level that i wish to have at any age, iam sure many men are on trt despite having their testicles and i was low on t even before that so it is nothing new to me, and yes iam trans, got a problem there?
No, I don't have a problem. That explains everything. For people who are not trans - they would never do such a thing, but for trans it seems almost logical, since low, feminine, round hairline is extremely important in regards to passing. NW2 won't fly with MtF, you would instantly get clocked. But skull dimensions are important as well. Anyway, it makes sense you did that and good luck in your journey!

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Testflopsterone

?

Testosterone is king... Anyone with a bit of sense wouldn't be chastising the most important hormone in a male's body just because they happen to be genetically unlucky regarding DHT sensitivity in their hair follicles.

EDIT,

for the record, if you don't consider yourself a male and want to say you're a tranny or whatever. sure, the above logic doesn't apply. HOWEVER, to the OP, maybe consider editing your profile signature, as your balls are definitely useless now even with hair.

Last edited:

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
?

Testosterone is king... Anyone with a bit of sense wouldn't be chastising the most important hormone in a male's body just because they happen to be genetically unlucky regarding DHT sensitivity in their hair follicles.

EDIT,

for the record, if you don't consider yourself a male and want to say you're a tranny or whatever. sure, the above logic doesn't apply. HOWEVER, to the OP, maybe consider editing your profile signature, as your balls are definitely useless now even with hair.
balls are hidden under your pants 24/7 but head hair is the first thing on your face, why keep them if they are damaing your self-esteem and youthfulness, you can get away with banking sperms or excersice to retain some manhood in you, but hair is valuable and it is a sign of health and vitality especially when you are a teenager or a young person

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
balls are hidden under your pants 24/7 but head hair is the first thing on your face, why keep them if they are damaing your self-esteem and youthfulness, you can get away with banking sperms or excersice to retain some manhood in you, but hair is valuable and it is a sign of health and vitality especially when you are a teenager or a young person

Look I get it. I started losing my hair at 19, and I thought it was the end of the world. I think there is such a massive negative connotation attached to baldness because there are a lot of bald older men who let themselves go and become losers. My first thought was 'Jesus, I don't wanna be like that' Also around that age, we tend to be overly obsessed with ourselves and how others perceive us. I think I maybe even had your mindset. kind of like, what's the point in all of this, if I'm bald? A lot of this mindset comes from society and isn't actually natural. It's societal hyper obsessed shallowness that makes young people like us despair over cosmetic things like hair. This is turn makes us think that we're doomed when it comes to success in said society.

Whatever your 'thing' or talent is in life, or goal you are pursuing, not having good hair will just make you have to be better at whatever your 'thing' is. You have to become undeniable at whatever field it is where your hair or lack thereof won't matter. So many people get by on mediocrity because their hair happens to be good. f*** mediocrity anyway.

Regarding the balls thing...
A man with low testosterone is essentially living a different reality to a man living with high test. The latter living a much more vivid intense experience. Testosterone motivates you to get out of your bed in the morning and smash goals and achieve things. That's literally what it does. Amongst many other things. If you are trans, then it's gonna be more complicated because you obviously don't want a lot of testosterone, but understand your overall whims and drives in life will be different when you start drastically altering your hormones. The few posters here sitting bashing on testosterone just screams ignorance and stupidity to me and it's why I felt inclined to reply.

PS Hairloss definitely fucked with my self-esteem when I was younger but I matured and gained wisdom. My self-esteem isn't attached to my hair anymore and I don't care that I no longer wouldn't be deemed a 'pretty boy'. Our view on the world and our existence always changes.

If you actually are a trans, then castrating yourself and taking hardcore drugs to transition with the added side effect of saving your hair as a bonus is a win-win though. so kudos to you. but to all NON trans men. Testosterone and balls are far from useless. even without hair.

EDIT

And if you are trans, isn't the title of the thread misleading? you didn't castrate yourself to halt baldness. you castrated yourself to transition. Halting baldness happens to be a side effect. Is that not correct?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
?

EDIT,

Testosterone isn't 'king', in fact it's a hormone which will drive you to death. It's surrounded by health implications such as prostate cancer (balding or bald men theoretically have a greater chance of developing this, due to a sensitivity of androgenic activity within the body), and cardiovascular issues. It might be somewhat important in maintaining masculine traits such as aggressiveness, but that does not mean it's a leader.

Look I get it. I started losing my hair at 19, and I thought it was the end of the world. I think there is such a massive negative connotation attached to baldness because there are a lot of bald older men who let themselves go and become losers. My first thought was 'Jesus, I don't wanna be like that' Also around that age, we tend to be overly obsessed with ourselves and how others perceive us. I think I maybe even had your mindset. kind of like, what's the point in all of this, if I'm bald? A lot of this mindset comes from society and isn't actually natural. It's societal hyper obsessed shallowness that makes young people like us despair over cosmetic things like hair. This is turn makes us think that we're doomed when it comes to success in said society.

Whatever your 'thing' or talent is in life, or goal you are pursuing, not having good hair will just make you have to be better at whatever your 'thing' is. You have to become undeniable at whatever field it is where your hair or lack thereof won't matter. So many people get by on mediocrity because their hair happens to be good. f*** mediocrity anyway.

Regarding the balls thing...
A man with low testosterone is essentially living a different reality to a man living with high test. The latter living a much more vivid intense experience. Testosterone motivates you to get out of your bed in the morning and smash goals and achieve things. That's literally what it does. Amongst many other things. If you are trans, then it's gonna be more complicated because you obviously don't want a lot of testosterone, but understand your overall whims and drives in life will be different when you start drastically altering your hormones. The few posters here sitting bashing on testosterone just screams ignorance and stupidity to me and it's why I felt inclined to reply.

PS Hairloss definitely fucked with my self-esteem when I was younger but I matured and gained wisdom. My self-esteem isn't attached to my hair anymore and I don't care that I no longer wouldn't be deemed a 'pretty boy'. Our view on the world and our existence always changes.

If you actually are a trans, then castrating yourself and taking hardcore drugs to transition with the added side effect of saving your hair as a bonus is a win-win though. so kudos to you. but to all NON trans men. Testosterone and balls are far from useless. even without hair.

EDIT

And if you are trans, isn't the title of the thread misleading? you didn't castrate yourself to halt baldness. you castrated yourself to transition. Halting baldness happens to be a side effect. Is that not correct?

I started balding at fourteen years old, in which it became noticeable to myself at eighteen, which is the age I decided to start treatments. It's not about what people perceive of myself, but my own particular perception. Hair is great, it's comforting to be able to sport particular hair styles and feel confident about it; that's due to my own personal valuation of hair. Of course, it will lead to further success within life since hair is seen as a trait within the umbrella of beauty, but that's one aspect.

A man who lives life without testosterone is still a male, but they just lack a hormone. It's similar to how women have a significant reduction in estrogen once they hit the menopause; they're still women, they didn't somehow become a male due to it. I feel more motivated to get out of bed without testosterone, especially due to the benefits of ADT such as clear skin. It's a confidence booster. Nonetheless, it's not recommendable to live life without sex hormones which is why estrogen therapy is important.

I'm not sure why you are commenting about his self-castration, and mentioning about hair loss and self-esteem, when he has already done the deed and nothing can be done about it. It just seems as if you are commenting just to criticise, which is a common theme within this thread.

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Testosterone isn't 'king', in fact it's a hormone which will drive you to death. It's surrounded by health implications such as prostate cancer (balding or bald men theoretically have a greater chance of developing this, due to a sensitivity of androgenic activity within the body), and cardiovascular issues. It might be somewhat important in maintaining masculine traits such as aggressiveness, but that does not mean it's a leader.

I started balding at fourteen years old, in which it became noticeable to myself at eighteen, which is the age I decided to start treatments. It's not about what people perceive of myself, but my own particular perception. Hair is great, it's comforting to be able to sport particular hair styles and feel confident about it; that's due to my own personal valuation of hair. Of course, it will lead to further success within life since hair is seen as a trait within the umbrella of beauty, but that's one aspect.

A man who lives life without testosterone is still a male, but they just lack a hormone. It's similar to how women have a significant reduction in estrogen once they hit the menopause; they're still women, they didn't somehow become a male due to it. I feel more motivated to get out of bed without testosterone, especially due to the benefits of ADT such as clear skin. It's a confidence booster. Nonetheless, it's not recommendable to live life without sex hormones which is why estrogen therapy is important.

I'm not sure why you are commenting about his self-castration, and mentioning about hair loss and self-esteem, when he has already done the deed and nothing can be done about it. It just seems as if you are commenting just to criticise, which is a common theme within this thread.

Firstly, No, it is indeed a king but you are of course entitled to disagree. More test as a man = good. As long as it's not *too* high, ie, unnaturally high. but you want it above whatever the doctors consider 'normal'. as their 'normal' is way too low.

Secondly, your personal evaluation of hair still comes from a superficial place apparently. "of course it will lead to further success" really? you're sure? Can find plenty of examples of absolute losers who have perfect hair. It helps, but won't necessarily lead to further success guaranteed. It's actually not as important as you want to believe it is.

Thirdly, this is a public forum. the title of this thread is almost click bait. It reads " I castrated myself to halt baldness", I'm entitled to weigh in and tell him I think there were less serious options available. I did wish him well saying I hope he doesn't regret it. I have since learned he is possibly trans so that changes things. and again makes the title of this thread extremely misleading. Was the castration for the hair or the transition? the intent of the castration becomes skewed. Also just pointing out your obviously anti-male hormone stance. Of course, testosterone sucks for you guys if you want to be women or at least feel like one. but other than that, you shouldn't be spouting out how balls are useless without hair etc etc.

Finally, I was talking about his self-esteem cause he was the one who brought it up when replying to me and I personally relate to that as hair loss fucked with my own for quite a while.

EDIT. a point to note. You wouldn't be quick to write off testosterone if your life depended on it. If you have to defend yourself from an attacker, you would rather have a testosterone dominant body than an estrogenic one as a male.

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Firstly, No, it is indeed a king but you are of course entitled to disagree. More test as a man = good. As long as it's not *too* high, ie, unnaturally high. but you want it above whatever the doctors consider 'normal'. as their 'normal' is way too low.

Secondly, your personal evaluation of hair still comes from a superficial place apparently. "of course it will lead to further success" really? you're sure? Can find plenty of examples of absolute losers who have perfect hair. It helps, but won't necessarily lead to further success guaranteed. It's actually not as important as you want to believe it is.

Thirdly, this is a public forum. the title of this thread is almost click bait. It reads " I castrated myself to halt baldness", I'm entitled to weigh in and tell him I think there were less serious options available. I did wish him well saying I hope he doesn't regret it. I have since learned he is possibly trans so that changes things. and again makes the title of this thread extremely misleading. Was the castration for the hair or the transition? the intent of the castration becomes skewed. Also just pointing out your obviously anti-male hormone stance. Of course, testosterone sucks for you guys if you want to be women or at least feel like one. but other than that, you shouldn't be spouting out how balls are useless without hair etc etc.

Finally, I was talking about his self-esteem cause he was the one who brought it up when replying to me and I personally relate to that as hair loss fucked with my own for quite a while.

EDIT. a point to note. You wouldn't be quick to write off testosterone if your life depended on it. If you have to defend yourself from an attacker, you would rather have a testosterone dominant body than an estrogenic one as a male.

It's not king; more testosterone as a man means more health implications, balding and acne. And, that can be used as a generalisation because most men will develop a sensitivity to the hormone. My personal valuation of hair is superficial in your opinion, but then again your opinion is superficial. Great hair helps in leading to further success. But, again, your opinion about hair not being important might be relevant to yourself but it's not to me.

I'm pretty sure he has gotten the hint that there are 'less serious options available' from the numerous amount of people commenting the same thing on other pages within this thread, and on other threads. Nonetheless, he's not transgender, it's quite self-explanatory in the title that he castrated himself to halt baldness.

I would be quick to write of testosterone if my life depended on it, because I would rather be dead than have such poison roaming throughout my body. If I had to defend myself from an attacker pre-estrogen, I wouldn't be able to do it anyway because of my body type.

Status
Not open for further replies.