I Can't Believe I Grew Hair Back!!!!!! Look At My Change!!!!

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd contribute a large portion of the decreased shedding to hydrocortisone. I have inflammation regularly. After applying a pea size amount of hydrocortisone 1% with some water and massage my scalp, the next day my shedding is down to 10 hairs instead of 100. I encourage you all to try it without changing your regimen, it takes 1 day to see if it works for you or not.

And yes I know long term steroids lead to skin thinning. Spoke to my dermatologist, applying 1% every other day long term should cause no issue. I've been doing this for 2 weeks, shed is still down :D

Thanks for providing a dermatologist input, I've been wavering on adding it to my reg and it's nice to have new info like this. How much water do you dillute it with exactly?

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd contribute a large portion of the decreased shedding to hydrocortisone. I have inflammation regularly. After applying a pea size amount of hydrocortisone 1% with some water and massage my scalp, the next day my shedding is down to 10 hairs instead of 100. I encourage you all to try it without changing your regimen, it takes 1 day to see if it works for you or not.

And yes I know long term steroids lead to skin thinning. Spoke to my dermatologist, applying 1% every other day long term should cause no issue. I've been doing this for 2 weeks, shed is still down :D

Also make sure to keep us updated, I'd love to know if you have any actual regrowth. Hydrocortisone is one of those things everyone is warned not to take, however if it truely isn't that dangerous and provides results that would be an important thing for people to know.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a great success.
The regimen has some sound science behind it, too.
I still think most of the regrowth probably came from minoxidil and dermarolling or rsemarro oil and dermarolling.

You should definitely add an anti androgen to fortify your results in the long term tho.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Can you give us more info on the type/brand of hydrocotisone you use, is it cream? thanks

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you give us more info on the type/brand of hydrocotisone you use, is it cream? thanks

I just use a generic 1% hydrocortisone. I assume there are one's formulated specifically for the scalp though like Scalpicin. If you find an affordable one let me know, but I honestly think you don't need all the other ingredients. Make sure it is 1%, you do not want higher strength for long term use. And make sure it's every other day.

Thanks for providing a dermatologist input, I've been wavering on adding it to my reg and it's nice to have new info like this. How much water do you dillute it with exactly?

I just apply a pea size amount, maybe more if too much gets in my hair, so the amount you would use for toothpaste, and then wet both my hands with it sitting on my finger tip, and rub it into my fingertips, then try and evenly distribute onto my entire scalp. Sometimes I don't feel like I got my entire scalp because a lot will get caught in my hair (it's a little long at the moment) so I'll apply a little more with the same method. Usually do this after a shower.

It's too soon to notice regrowth (i'm also using finasteride 1mg and minoxidil) but I'll post some before and after if I see a difference.

Last edited:

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From this article : https://patient.info/health/atopic-eczema/topical-steroids-for-eczema

Local effects
These include:

• A stinging or burning feeling when you first apply the treatment. This is quite common but improves as your skin gets used to the treatment.
  • Thinning of the skin has always been considered a common problem. However, recent research suggests that this mainly occurs when high-strength steroids are used under airtight dressings. In normal regular use skin thinning is unlikely and, if it does occur, it often reverses when the topical steroid is stopped.
  • With long-term use of topical steroid the skin may develop permanent stretch marks (striae), bruising, discolouration, or thin spidery blood vessels (telangiectasias).
  • Topical steroids may trigger or worsen other skin disorders such as acne, rosacea and perioral dermatitis.
  • Skin colour may change. This is more noticeable if you have dark skin.
  • Hair may grow more on the area of skin being treated.
  • Some people may develop an allergy to the contents of the treatment, such as any preservative used. This may irritate the skin being treated and make the inflammation worse.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's too soon to notice regrowth (i'm also using finasteride 1mg and minoxidil) but I'll post some before and after if I see a difference.

How long have you been on it? Remember this guy saw results in just a few months

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried hydrocortisone months ago with the same results, but got freaked out by the side effects. Just started again once I realized those side effects happen when you're using higher % steroids / multiple times a day. It's been roughly 2 weeks.

RonRon7775

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried hydrocortisone months ago with the same results, but got freaked out by the side effects. Just started again once I realized those side effects happen when you're using higher % steroids / multiple times a day. It's been roughly 2 weeks.
You had similar results without finasteride?

Zeper

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. I tried one shampoo but didn't work to stop my hair fall. I also got irritation in scalp and was really uncomfortable.
I was advised by my friend to try home remedies to stop hair fall and start regrowth.
First I thought he was joking but then I decided to try at least one.
I tried coconut milk home remedy and after washing I noticed a new life in my hair. Seeing a positive change I decided to Carry on for a week and found incredible health of my hair.
I found the recipe of coconut milk at healthtips1978 dot com. There are many more simple and easy to use tips and techniques for hair growth.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. I tried one shampoo but didn't work to stop my hair fall. I also got irritation in scalp and was really uncomfortable.
I was advised by my friend to try home remedies to stop hair fall and start regrowth.
First I thought he was joking but then I decided to try at least one.
I tried coconut milk home remedy and after washing I noticed a new life in my hair. Seeing a positive change I decided to Carry on for a week and found incredible health of my hair.
I found the recipe of coconut milk at healthtips1978 dot com. There are many more simple and easy to use tips and techniques for hair growth.
sounds legit......

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You had similar results without finasteride?
I've been on finasteride for 4 years. Kept a lot of my hair, but because I've been on it for so long, I don't contribute anything to finasteride anymore.

Pepe with hair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just use a generic 1% hydrocortisone. I assume there are one's formulated specifically for the scalp though like Scalpicin. If you find an affordable one let me know, but I honestly think you don't need all the other ingredients. Make sure it is 1%, you do not want higher strength for long term use. And make sure it's every other day.

I just apply a pea size amount, maybe more if too much gets in my hair, so the amount you would use for toothpaste, and then wet both my hands with it sitting on my finger tip, and rub it into my fingertips, then try and evenly distribute onto my entire scalp. Sometimes I don't feel like I got my entire scalp because a lot will get caught in my hair (it's a little long at the moment) so I'll apply a little more with the same method. Usually do this after a shower.

Could you provide the website where you get it please ?
You said your shedding stopped as soon as the first applications?!

Jacob25

Reaction score
My shedding wasn’t decreased after using the topical though. Grew back my hair but didn’t stop the shedding. I’d contribute the shedding decrease to the shampoo left on for long time before shower and the flaxseed oil/broccoli-berries smoothie/green tea mix every day.

Btw, what are your thoughts regarding soy isoflavones? Worth taking it with the green tea?

I don’t have any links to purchase the raw materials with carriers etc because I wasn’t sourcing the ingredients myself

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you provide the website where you get it please ?
You said your shedding stopped as soon as the first applications?!

You can buy it anywhere. Online, local pharmacy. But here's a link on amazon to one:

https://www.amazon.com/Natureplex-H...&sr=8-3&keywords=hydrocortisone+cream+1%&th=1

I'm actually interested in trying Scalpicin:
https://www.amazon.com/Scalpicin-Ma...-fkmr1&keywords=hydrocortisone+cream+1%+scalp

I see it has propylene glycol in it which is beneficial for max absorption. But then again, I dermaroll 1.5mm weekly so I'm not sure.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My shedding wasn’t decreased after using the topical though. Grew back my hair but didn’t stop the shedding. I’d contribute the shedding decrease to the shampoo left on for long time before shower and the flaxseed oil/broccoli-berries smoothie/green tea mix every day.

Btw, what are your thoughts regarding soy isoflavones? Worth taking it with the green tea?

I don’t have any links to purchase the raw materials with carriers etc because I wasn’t sourcing the ingredients myself

Are you and your friend thinking of making some bottles of this and selling to members of the forum? You could easily sell your product. I'd probably buy it for the right price; especially if I noticed results within a couple months.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FWIW: hydrocortisone has been used for decades by some dermatologists in Italy and it is popular in the italian forums. Having said that most of the time it didn't do anything even close to the results we had with this guy here. Same thing for progesterone.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FWIW: hydrocortisone has been used for decades by some dermatologists in Italy and it is popular in the italian forums. Having said that most of the time it didn't do anything even close to the results we had with this guy here. Same thing for progesterone.
Interesting. Well we'll see if I get anything. If I don't, I'll add panthenol or inositol and castor oil

youbet

My Regimen
Reaction score
I signed up just for this thread....What makes this case so important is the fact that the guy QUIT FINASTERIDE, then used this instead and got explosive results....

We really need a complete breakdown of the formula....

Jacob, is there enough cayenne in this formula that your scalp burns for a while after you put it on??

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I signed up just for this thread....What makes this case so important is the fact that the guy QUIT FINASTERIDE, then used this instead and got explosive results....

We really need a complete breakdown of the formula....

Jacob, is there enough cayenne in this formula that your scalp burns for a while after you put it on??
Also does the cayenne stain the scalp red