I am thinking about a future transplant

G

Wonko said:
Jayman,

Have you given minoxidil a shot? There's a good chance it could really help you out and stave off a hair transplant for quite awhile. It's a LOT cheaper too!

:D

oh i'm going to next august, wonko, thanks. gonna give avodart the full year before doing it. but im starting to plan now in case it doesn't, ya know?

haleystudios

Reaction score
hey Jayman,
i appologize, i guess i was selfish or forgot your questions!! But i do agree with Lookinggood, and some others, i am learning now about the risk of diffuse thinning.. my mother is a diffuse thinner, and i feel like i am heading toward that path, but i have stabilized my loss with finasteride for a year now, so in your situation, just a theory, .... but i believe that shockloss is an issue of NOT growing ONLY if you have not stopped your loss with advart, or finasteride. or Dues. so.... i believe after waiting a while, the transplant should take because of you stopping your loss. i am assuming because DHT will not be a factor. if you were not on meds, then the shockloss, if any, would probably not grow back...

as far as parable... and Armani... i am not trying to pick sides.... i understand Parables frustration as it could happen to me... i also understand that Armani cares about his paitents.... i am only hearing stories so i appologize to everyone for bring that up

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
cateyes81 said:
dave why wont you answer my question?? If you dont know the answer the least you could say is "I do not know" :roll: :roll: :roll: u suck

Cateyes,

Nice attitude.

How am I supposed to know to answer your question if you never addressed it to me directly in the first place? Before you posted your eloquent "you suck" comment above, I don't see you referring to me directly anywhere on this thread. Am I mistaken?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haleystudios said:
hey Jayman,
i appologize, i guess i was selfish or forgot your questions!! But i do agree with Lookinggood, and some others, i am learning now about the risk of diffuse thinning.. my mother is a diffuse thinner, and i feel like i am heading toward that path, but i have stabilized my loss with finasteride for a year now, so in your situation, just a theory, .... but i believe that shockloss is an issue of NOT growing ONLY if you have not stopped your loss with advart, or finasteride. or Dues. so.... i believe after waiting a while, the transplant should take because of you stopping your loss. i am assuming because DHT will not be a factor. if you were not on meds, then the shockloss, if any, would probably not grow back...

as far as parable... and Armani... i am not trying to pick sides.... i understand Parables frustration as it could happen to me... i also
understand that Armani cares about his paitents.... i am only hearing
stories so i appologize to everyone for bring that up

That's great that you are not being influenced by the posters on HLH. They can drive a person to suicide with their views and agendas (some).

Well you know your risks and seem mature enough to accept the responsibility if you do experience any problems. Just make sure you feel right about it and the time is right for you. The results are permanent.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
DaveOne yes you are mistaken take another look at the thread.. I even sent you a pm about it but u just ignored it.

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Cateyes,

I see you just edited that post about 20 minutes ago. When I read it an hour ago it did not have my name in there.

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Cateyes,

Also I didn't ignore your post..I'm not on this board very often, I post maybe once or twice a week, and I only log on if I'm going to write a message, but I don't regularly look at my PMs in here. I'm just not on this board very much. Additionally, I didn't rcv any emails that I had gotten a pvt message.

You could have said, "hey Dave did you happen to see my question? I sent you a pm about it." But instead you decided to tell me that I suck. So, since you decided to attack me w/ out provocation I won't be responding to your pms or your emails from now on unless you apologize and admit your mistake.

Jayman,

Looks like your getting some good responses over on the other board. Hope it's helping.

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
I really don't want to comment on Armani in here, as it seems to stir up too much stuff.

I'll say this..if I were to get a strip, and I had as much money to spend as I wanted, I would go to either H&W, Cole, or Shapiro. That's only my opinion though based on what I like and what I look for in terms of aesthetics, others swear by Armani so obviously opinions can vary. In my opinion those three are doing the best hairlines not only in terms of shape, but in terms of hair angle, and the way in which the hair exits from the scalp, which is of vital importance, epecially when judging the naturalness of an hair transplant. Not knock on Armani or other docs, but rather a compliment to the docs that I think do this the best and most consistently from what I've seen in my research.

Edit: SP.

G

thanks dave for both responses. yeah this board isn't as hair transplant heavy as the other one so thats why im getnig more there. liek all the docs post there etc.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice to see your hair properly Jayman, I'd say that you've pretty much got it all worked out, I'd be very suprised if your hairloss gets a chance to reach NW3. It would be a real shame if you ended up having to enter the realms of hair transplant after having invested so much time and energy into meds. As it stands.. only someone else that was balding/thinning would notice that you had a problem at all.