I Am Starting Topical spironolactone--will Take Few Months To Tell | Page 5 | HairLossTalk Forums

I Am Starting Topical spironolactone--will Take Few Months To Tell

Discussion in 'Women's Hair Loss Treatments' started by hairblues, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Georgie

Georgie Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Depends on your tolerance and preexisting health.

2. mikes23

mikes23 Member

Dislikes Received:
    @Georgie it's not for me, it is for my friends mother. I can tell she is losing her so I want to tell my friend about certain treatments for him to ask the doctor about. But I trust the community and their experiences with certain medications, so I came here first to ask questions.

I have been using finasteride for last 4 years and just added 5% min. back then I tried Kirkland 5% and it burned my scalp so much I washed it off in 10 mins and never tried it again. I recently started with 2% Rogaine to see if my scalp would tolerate it and it did but in 4 months time I didn't see much results so I have now switched to 5% Rogaine. The 5% rogaine doesn't burn my scalp so I will give it at least 6 months before I judge the results, and before I decide to add anything else. But I doubt I would ever add spironolactone. I actually ordered RU last year and never used it once. finasteride has done a good job on maintaining the hair I have, so I am alright for now. Just hoping 2018-2019 brings us something better