I Am Starting Topical spironolactone--will Take Few Months To Tell | Page 5 | HairLossTalk Forums

I Am Starting Topical spironolactone--will Take Few Months To Tell

Discussion in 'Women's Hair Loss Treatments' started by hairblues, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Georgie

Georgie Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Depends on your tolerance and preexisting health.

2. mikes23

mikes23 Member

Dislikes Received:
    @Georgie it's not for me, it is for my friends mother. I can tell she is losing her so I want to tell my friend about certain treatments for him to ask the doctor about. But I trust the community and their experiences with certain medications, so I came here first to ask questions.

I have been using finasteride for last 4 years and just added 5% min. back then I tried Kirkland 5% and it burned my scalp so much I washed it off in 10 mins and never tried it again. I recently started with 2% Rogaine to see if my scalp would tolerate it and it did but in 4 months time I didn't see much results so I have now switched to 5% Rogaine. The 5% rogaine doesn't burn my scalp so I will give it at least 6 months before I judge the results, and before I decide to add anything else. But I doubt I would ever add spironolactone. I actually ordered RU last year and never used it once. finasteride has done a good job on maintaining the hair I have, so I am alright for now. Just hoping 2018-2019 brings us something better

3. Baraian

Baraian New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen

4. hairwoes

hairwoes New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Have any ladies had any experience with finasteride or saw palmetto (topical or oral) for androgenic alopecia and pcos? If so, what dosage did you take and what results? I've tried both birth control and spirolactone orally but they don't work on me anymore. Many thanks!