I am seriously considering castration: one contingency

VWdude

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
VWdude said:
Greg1 said:
VW dude, you are a quality poster and I truely value what you share here:) Thanks for being genuine and caring.

I'll always look for that speck of light in a dark hallway.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

And I'll always look for the light switch. ;)

D.

LOL only if it was that easy all the time!!!

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gilg,

If you truly are that depressed about hair loss, a few things to consider:

1) Get on some antidepressants. The logic on this interests me. There is a risk that antidepressants will only aid male pattern baldness. But if it makes you not care, well then hell! Why not?! Seriously, look into this. Falling into depression is easier than a lot of people think. It isn't your fault.

2) Let's say you castrate yourself, or commit suicide, or whatever... then in 5 years HM or hair cloning DOES come out. WHOOPS!!! Bad idea.

3) You don't look as bad as you think. I know it's harder because you lost your ex-fiancee, but it isn't as bad as you think. It never is.

4) Castration leads to other complications. sh*t, just don't do it!!!

Hope this helps.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
elguapo said:
Gilg,

If you truly are that depressed about hair loss, a few things to consider:

1) Get on some antidepressants. The logic on this interests me. There is a risk that antidepressants will only aid male pattern baldness. But if it makes you not care, well then hell! Why not?! Seriously, look into this. Falling into depression is easier than a lot of people think. It isn't your fault.

i'm an anti-psychtropic activist: i will spare this forum since we're here to discuss hair loss with only a quick link of good reading suggestions

http://www.antipsychiatry.org/ -> great coalition
The book Toxic Pyschiatry by Peter Breggin is a must read - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=books[/url]

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
I hav'nt read through the nine pages of post on this thread and I'm not interested enough to do so. But assuming this is still about castration I just wanted to say that my uncle got "fixed" about 10-15 years ago so he and my aunt wouldnt have another baby. He's about 45-50 now and he's seriously bald. So um... my point is don't get sh*t snipped if you just want it to stop hairloss.

Cassin

Reaction score
fallicule said:
I just wanted to say that my uncle got "fixed" about 10-15 years ago so he and my aunt wouldnt have another baby. He's about 45-50 now and he's seriously bald. So um... my point is don't get sh*t snipped if you just want it to stop hairloss.

No thats not castration, thats a vasectomy. 2 TOTALY different things.

Interesting discussion Gilgamesh. You have completely thought it out and you have clearly listened to both sides, I think you will make the right decision for yourself since you feel so right about it.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can I just say that although carving your nuts may alleviate your hairloss issues, it will most likely leave you with a host of other problems. Your testes are the main source of testosterone production in your body. Now although DHT is on some accounts useless and harmful, testosterone definitely isn't. It affects the expression of many masculine characteristics such as muscle tone/sex drive etc. It really is something that should be thought about and researched for months before going ahead.

ShowtimePromo

Reaction score
Well good luck with your treatment. Please keep us posted on your progress. Don't forget to take before and after pictures.

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
ShowtimePromo said:
Well good luck with your treatment. Please keep us posted on your progress. Don't forget to take before and after pictures.

Thats pretty funny, though pretty depressing at the same time.

Gil, I sincerely hope you don't go through with this. I hope, as it seems, that this is just a way for you to vent a little steam. If I remember rightly, then I think you've said that you won't use propecia/dutasteride because you're worried about the sides, but the sides of a procedure like this are infinitely greater than either of those two drugs.

I totally understand what you're saying about not wanting to be ugly. For me the way I look is one of the few things I've got. I've never gotten with any girl on the basis of my personality - cos I just don't have that kind of loud/confident personality. Every woman that has ever been with me/wanted me has only ever done so because of the way I look. So obviously it worries me a little that if/when I completely lose my hair that I'll find it impossible to be with someone. I'm hoping that with propecia I can maintain until HM comes out - and its not that far away (Phase II trials start in afew months!). By doing what you're suggesting, you're killing any chance you might have of benefiting from this.

Doing what you're suggesting is irreversible, not guaranteed to work, & even if it does, likely to only maintain not regrow. Is that really what you want? Hurting yourself in that way isn't going to change the way your ex feels about you. I should know - I don't think any woman could ever seriously give a f*** about anything that doesn't directly affect them (a few diamonds excepted).

I know it sounds cheesy, but live right, stand tall & try to find other things to focus on. You're in my thoughts man.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
ShowtimePromo said:
Don't forget to take before and after pictures.

Considering the topic of this post - I would prefer if you didn't!
:shock: :shock:

Testicles must be the ugliest thing ever - you don't really want to keep them around for beauty reasons!

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
So there are numerous accounts of doctors not willing to prescribe propecia 1mg, let alone 5mg to guys, who are too young, or not in need, etc.

Are we to believe out there in the vast medical wasteland that there is a doctor who will be like:

"There is no way I am going to prescribe you 5mg of Proscar..that is for older men with BPH, regardless of your hairloss, son...now cutting your nuts off, THAT I am willing to do..."

Go get your balls lopped off dude, you aren't fit to be among the ranks of men....

no offense, but we are all in this together. Try finasteride out, and if it doesn't work, shave your head (as I have done for nearly five years), work out, and work on other aspects of your life.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gees, I hate to say this but a castrated guy is still a guy. In fact, according to history, he may be more of a guy in some sense, than most. It's a proven fact that the best guard for the King's harem was the Eunuch guard. So, I guess this idea about a guy not being a guy because he's got less doesn't hold. Besides, what about guys that have less due to other reasons, cancer etc?

I may be hopping down the wrong bunny trail on this regarding Gilgamesh, but the choice to be castrated is not so much a desperate issue but is rather an issue of identity. I'm sure I stand corrected on this but just thought that I'd put in my two cents. By the way, I thought that I'd head off the off-the-wall comments before they hit...no, I'm not encouraging Gilgamesh to go for castration but I am stating that he's not less of a man if he does for purpose of his own personal identity. But in all seriousness Gilgamesh, think deeply before it drops as it's non-reversible.