I am going hair transplant soon, need help.

butterking

Reaction score
I am going hair transplant soon, How many graft do I need

I am 26 years old, I assume that I am under NW2 category.

How many grafts do I need approximately? because I need to plan for the budget.
thanks

2015-07-26 10.45.49 (2).jpg2015-07-26 10.45.56 (1).jpg2015-07-26 11.07.13.jpg2015-07-26 11.10.22 (1).jpg

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's closer to Norwood 3. Good news is you have empty bald triangles at the side which tick the box for a transplant. Also thick hair elsewhere. Age is a little too young but shouldn't be a barrier as long as you are on meds.

Only the Doctor can tell you after examining you but I reckon 1500-2500 grafts. Depends where you draw the hairline, dense packing or not, thickness of your hair, donor reserves and if the forelock is reinforced. I don't think they will put much into that forelock currently.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Can you tell us how long since you started finasteride, assuming you are on it in the first place? You ought to look into it pronto if you want to curtail inevitably increasing loss. All the best, Butterking.

mo890506

Reaction score
From what I can tell, the density of your current hair looks good. So in order to look natural, I'd say around 2500 grafts.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Try measuring the distance between the corners of your temple to the nearest eyebrow. If it exceeds 8cm, only then you should consider a transplant. IMO, 1000-1200 grafts would make your hairline a healthy NW2. Your donor area seems pretty solid and as a result the grafts have a good chance of providing better coverage up front. The middle looks okay in my opinion and only the sides & temples require work. Anything above 1500 is a little too much given that you are only 26 and the uncertainty as to how it will progress down the road.

I had an 800 graft FUE done recently with about 650 grafts into my right temple and 150 into my left. Will have to wait for another 6 months to see the result. I have a healthy head of hair in my crown but my temples were the worst affected areas. Luckily my condition's progress has been slow due to medication and genetics. BTW I am a Norwood 3 in my right temple and Norwood 2 in my left.

Its not a bad idea especially to get an FUE but make sure you don't go for a major correction. Making your temples look healthy should be your priority and not a straight hairline.

pranit

Reaction score
I am going hair transplant soon, need help

Hii....
I am 24 years old. I am much tensed about my hair loss problem. I am going hair transplantation very soon. Butterking i’ll see your photos its very nice. I’ll be do hair transplant, because I need to plan for the budget.
thanx

shookwun

Reaction score
2000-2500 grafts IMO.

KmJyoti

Reaction score
This hair loss treatment is amazing. After four days of listening, new hairs are growing and believe me, I have tried everything. I lost about half of all my hair a few years ago and I have to wear wigs. I am so glad that my hair is growing back and soon I will have a head full of hair and will not worry about wearing a wig and being self conscious about it.
Check this link for more info-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKe-PkohBew

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
To the OP, IMHO you have a lot of hair, are very young, and likely have more hair loss in your future. If I was you, I would wait. Save your grafts for later in life when you will need them more.