I am finally worthy of posting my story here! (i think...)

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
:woot: x 1.000.000.

Seriously! What an improvement! And thanks for sharing the wet scalp tip. Gotta hit up the shower more often since this night! Enjoy your hair man, it looks great! :bravo:

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Still got a question though... Do you apply the Minoxidil right after you came from the shower? Or do you dry the hair first and apply it later? I just applied it like 5 minutes after the shower and didn't dry my hair at all (it's long so drying takes a lot longer to). Would this work just as good?

ogdan

Reaction score
After showering I dry my hair a bit and put in the minoxidil when the scalp is still damp/wet. Just make sure to rub it in right away.

5-10 minutes after showering is about right.

chessmaniac12

Reaction score
@ogdan Did you experience white flakes, minoxidil residue with wet scalp? its a big problem peeps that uses liquid. or Wet scalp solves this problem? Thanks in advance...

ogdan

Reaction score
Yea sometimes there are white flakes. Not too often though.
I just brush them out before I style my hair.

I don't know if the wet scalp alleviates the issue since I have never actually used minoxidil on a dry scalp.

Maybe i'll give it a try and report if I see an increase in white flakes.

Reaction score
What about your body weight? Have you put on some weight or had puffy nipples or something like that?

The only reason i cant use propecia is because my chest seems to get all mushy. Some people however dont get any side effects because of that.

ogdan

Reaction score
Well it has only been 4 months so far, but as I mentioned before, I have not suffered any negative side effects.

Actually yesterday was the first time in almost 10 years that I left my house with no concealers!

I have enclosed a pic of my hair today, and my hair before (a little wet, but you can see that I had almost NO hair on my temples.)

Attachments

• IMG_20111221_144958.jpg
    IMG_20111221_144958.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_20110909_222751.jpg
    IMG_20110909_222751.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 431

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow thats a great response to treatment. Looks fantastic, good stuff.

Reaction score
The treatment has worked so well for you but you said you used concealers? I dont see an need to use concealers even in your "before" pic, did you use it on your temple?

Just amazing how your hair has grown back, its been 7yrs since i lost my density and the past 3yrs i look pretty bald on the crown, do you think it may work? I took Dutarastride and that had good effect but i put on weight in all the wrong places and so i had to quite! Do you think if i took propecia for an year it may work?

ogdan

Reaction score
My before pics are pretty bad. Plus you don't see the top of my head which had a lot of thinning. That was what I needed the concealers for.
And yes I did use Toppik on my temples.

I don't know if finasteride will work for you. The only thing I can recommend is to be consistent with minoxidil. I've been using it twice a day religiously in the morning and at night. Try to use it on a wet scalp. Shower, dry up a bit and then put a generous amount of minoxidil to your scalp when it is still wet.

I know I sound like a minoxidil salesman but since we have no control over our finasteride intake (one pill a day and either it works or it doesn't) I feel like proper and consistent use of minoxidil can make a big difference.

Good luck!

kimhannah

Reaction score
Great achievement, bro

I just want to know the specific products and their concentration that lead to this success?

ogdan

Reaction score
The specific products:

1. Kirkland Minoxidil 5% (liquid)

2. Propecia (later changed to Kalfane Finestiride)

3. Nizoral shampoo 2%

Basically the classic "Big 3". Nothing too fancy.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ogdan said:
Well it has only been 4 months so far, but as I mentioned before, I have not suffered any negative side effects.

Actually yesterday was the first time in almost 10 years that I left my house with no concealers!

I have enclosed a pic of my hair today, and my hair before (a little wet, but you can see that I had almost NO hair on my temples.)

Great transformation and very inspiring! The temples are really responding well. Did you ever use or thought of using the NIZoral cream at night before applying the minoxidil? I heard good things about the cream.

ogdan

Reaction score
Thank you for the compliments and advice.

I am currently REALLY happy with my results and I don't see any need to introduce any other products. Maybe down the line if the effects start to wane.

Currently my temples are looking good. You can still see scalp but thats because the hair there is shorter than the rest of my head. I think in a few more months ill make a "full recovery".

Also, my hair is much stronger and does not fall out anymore. I used to fill up the shower drain, now I only have 2 or 3 hairs in the drain after I shower :punk:

chessmaniac12

Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
ogdan said:

Great transformation and very inspiring! The temples are really responding well. Did you ever use or thought of using the NIZoral cream at night before applying the minoxidil? I heard good things about the cream.
Nizoral cream s really useful for temples?

Many said that only finastreid cream works for temples or strong anti-androgens.

We are using Nizoral cream just before Minoxidil Application? How much mins before? we are giving some time to it for absorbing?