I am finally worthy of posting my story here! (i think...)

ogdan

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I am 26 years old and I started noticing my hair loss almost ten years ago when i was 16. I have been blessed with a lot of hair to begin with, so even though I was losing ground slowly but steadily it took many years for me to finally notice a cosmetic difference.

4 years ago I started losing serious ground. It was a devastating realization (as im sure many of you know) and seeing as my dad is bald as a cue ball I did not believe there was anything that could be done.

For the next couple of years I used concealers to get by, and I got so well practiced at using them, that I still got compliments on my hair!
I thought that if I didnt lose too much more ground I could go through life with the concealers and all will be well.

Then a year ago I started losing ground on my temples. Once I started losing my hairline, even the concealers coudnt save me and I resorted to wearing hats.

It was at that point that I found this website and started reading up on hairloss. I was told by my mother and father and doctors and everyone else that "hairloss is hereditary, its genetic and there is nothing you can do about it. Just shave it off, hit the gym and or find a high paying job".

Boy was I surprised to see that there is a whole world of people that are fighting hairloss... and winning!

The success stories here have been a huge inspiration and I promised myself that someday I'll be able to post my own success story here. Although i didnt think it would happen so fast!

So i started with Nizoral and biotin around 5 months ago. I actually did feel a bit of a difference but nothing to write home about. It took me awhile to take the plunge with Propecia, (propeciahelp almost made me want to axe the whole thing) but in the end I gave it a try and I am happy to report no side effects.
I started propecia 3 months ago, and 2 weeks later started kirkland minoxidil.

I read that a wet scalp helps absorption by 10 times, so my ritual is wake up in the morning, take a shower, put the minoxidil in, have breakfast, take my propecia and then go to work. At night I shower again, use Nizoral shampoo, leave it in for 5 minutes, rinse it out and then put in minoxidil again, and go to sleep a couple hours later.

I have to say i've been blown away by my results and i never thought it would happen in less than 3 months. I can't wait to see my results after a year!

I have enclosed a before and after photo. I assure you the lighting is the same, and it is in the same room. Both of the images are wet hair, after shower.

Good luck to all the other hairloss fighters out there!

Before
lZp32

After
8tuPO

Attachments

• IMG_20111011_100931.jpg
    IMG_20111011_100931.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,281
  • IMG_20111208_012930.jpg
    IMG_20111208_012930.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 1,327

JWM

Reaction score
Congrats!

A couple questions:

1) How many mls of Kirkland minoxidil do you use per application?

2) Are you using 1% or 2% Nizoral? And how often do you use it?

Thanks

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score
congrats bro thats good stuff

did you have any cognitive sides? impaired thinking, memory loss, etc?

ogdan

Reaction score
@JWM

I don't know how much mls I use, but I use A LOT. Probably more than double the recommended use because I put it on my entire scalp area. Maybe about 3 full droppers every time.

I'm using 2 percent Nizoral and I use it every day. I shampoo with it every day at night, and then after I rinse it out and I finish showering I put in the minoxidil when my scalp is still damp.

@Rocky V

lol no cognitive sides. My line of work requires lots of public speaking, debating and creative thinking. I have felt no negative side effects, only a boost in confidence by not having to wear a baseball cap when I deliver my presentations :)

SMart

Reaction score
If you apply the minoxidil to wet hair don't you find that it leaves it "crisp" or even hard and brittle -- like the minoxidil will dry leaving an obvious residue?

ogdan

Reaction score
Not really.

Although I try to wake up early to give myself a couple of hours between putting the minoxidil and going to work.

I also purchased the foam, just in case I oversleep or have to get ready fast. The foam makes my hair look great, but its a lot more expensive than the liquid so I try to use the foam sporadically.

ogdan

Reaction score
Thank you belmondo!

@Rocky V

I just take the recommended dosage. 1 ml a day.
For my first month I used Merck Propecia and then I switched to generic to save money. Seems to have the same effect.

Reaction score
Whoa! :woot: And that is less than three months...

Question though... were you able to feel the famous and much-talked about Propecia side effects?

Thanks heaps! :)

JWM

Reaction score
ogdan said:
Thank you belmondo!

@Rocky V

I just take the recommended dosage. 1 ml a day.
For my first month I used Merck Propecia and then I switched to generic to save money. Seems to have the same effect.

What brand generic are you using?

ogdan

Reaction score
@JWN

I use a brand called "Kalfane".

@Riyaad92

All of the pictures I took were wet hair because thats how you see the most scalp and eventually the greatest difference.

But I did manage to find one pic of my hair dry from around a month ago. So it was allready 1 or 2 months into treatment.

I also took a pic of my hair dry today, for comparison.
As you can see, my main problem was the temples but I also had alot of scalp showing in the hairline and the center of the hair.

Today, everything looks much better and my hair is thicker. I still have some scalp visible in the temples but it seems to be filling up.

Attachments

• IMG_20111009_084035.jpg
    IMG_20111009_084035.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_20111217_140735.jpg
    IMG_20111217_140735.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_20111217_140739.jpg
    IMG_20111217_140739.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 470

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
ogdan awesome results!

I have one question. You say you use liquid minoxidil but in your "view my regimen" you have rogaine foam. Can you clarify that to me pls? thanks and congratulations

JWM

Reaction score
Ogdan,

Does the Kalfane generic come in 1 mg doses like Propecia, or is it a 5 mg pill that you cut into 5 pieces?

Thanks

ogdan

Reaction score
@Oriol

I actually ordered both the foam and the liquid at the same time because after reading through a lot of personal experiences I thought that the best course of action is rogain foam in the morning and minoxidil liquid at night.

I got the foam first and I was using it for a week or two before I got the liquid so I put the foam in my description.

Also I heard a lot of negative things about the liquid regarding how it makes your hair look, and that putting in the liquid makes hair impossible to style and usually makes the hair look very thin. After a couple of months I feel like the minoxidil liquid looks fine and if i dry my hair out after leaving it in for an hour or so it can be styled before I go to work. I now primarily use the liquid both in the morning and at night.

@JWM

The generic Kalfane I use is the 1 mg one. Like Propecia.