I am finally worthy of posting my story here! (i think...)

ogdan

Reaction score
Well, my hair is looking better than it did when I was 16 and before I had any kind of hairloss. My temples are thick, my hairline is back and everything else has filled up as well. I really couldn't have asked for anything more.

I started my treatment on the big 3 on September 7th 2011 and 5 months later I made a full recovery. I guess I am an extremely good responder and extremely fortunate.

I want to thank all the people that post on these forums and provide information and advice regarding hairloss treatment. Without these forums I would have kept believing that reversing hairloss is impossible and that everything out there is snake oil.

I probably won't be posting here anymore since there really is no more progress to catalogue. I reduced my usage of minoxidil to once a day instead of two, and I still take finasteride every day and use nizoral almost every day.

Good luck to everyone else fighting hairloss, and you all have my sincere thanks for answering my questions and being so helpful.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
This is truly amazing - 5 months are you kidding me? I'm 6ms in and see not much...

Well congratulations, this is awesome! But I still hope you come back in larger intervals to update us...don't stay away completely, we need people to report long term success! :punk:

loci

Reaction score
Congratulations on your success! I was hoping you might be able to post a more direct link to the Kalfane finasteride you've been using. I am having a hard time tracking it down on the internets. Thanks much and congrats again!

rupe

Reaction score
If you suffer any side effects at all from minoxidil, don't apply it to a wet scalp. Also, how wise is it to suggest people overdose on the minoxidil? 1mL is generally how much you are meant to put on, and Nizoral 2% is only meant to be used once per week?

Or is one meant to just scrap all that, and use extra and more frequent in the hope for similar results?

ogdan

Reaction score
well obviusely if you have a negative reaction to minoxidil you wouldn't keep using it.

I'm telling people how I achieved my success. I had no sides on finasteride, no sides from excessive minoxidil (except for more facial hair) and no sides from using Nizoral every day.
The regimen worked for me and I do recommend others try it as well.
If I begin to experience any negative effects I will report them here immediately.
I don't actually know what you mean by "overdosing" on minoxidil. I have heard of cases where people had adverse reactions to minoxidil that lead to inflammation and scalp flaking among other things. If you experience any of that it might be the PPG or some other substance in the minoxidil and you might want to try a different brand. Or if minoxidil messes you up then it is not the right treatment for you.

Also Nizoral is recommended once a week for dandruff. The reason why people that suffer from hairloss use Nizoral is because it has a mild anti androgen in it. There have been studies that show that using it once a week will not have any effect on hairloss and for Nizoral to help in that respect you need to use it more frequently. Again, obviusely if you have adverse reactions to Nizoral you woudnt keep torturing yourself.

If this was not obvious then I will state it here. What I am recommending is a regimen that I will probably have to keep using for the rest of my life to not lose my hair. If you are experiencing any negative side effects this regimen is not for you and good luck with other types of topicals and anti androgens.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
sad_spiderman said:
I remeber about your succes Jerry...how's your hair now?
Not too good. Probably about as good as when I first started =|.

I think it has something to do with me getting lazy on applying minoxidil (I've been only applying it 1x a day, sometimes I completely forget the past several months). When I was having success, I was doing it religiously 2 times a day. We'll see.

And thanks for the reply ogdan.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Congratulations that is phenomenal regrowth in such a short period of time. Stories like yours give hope to people out there who are going through hair loss. Please keep your thread updated with pictures as cases like yours are exceptional and so its always interesting to see if that regrowth is maintained and built upon, or if it regresses. I hope for your sake that your undoubted success continues. All the best

JWM

Reaction score
Wonder how this guy is holding up? I tried the everyday Nizoral thing for a little over a month and it tore my hair up. He's a lucky bugger.

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
ogdan said:
Well it has only been 4 months so far, but as I mentioned before, I have not suffered any negative side effects.

Actually yesterday was the first time in almost 10 years that I left my house with no concealers!

I have enclosed a pic of my hair today, and my hair before (a little wet, but you can see that I had almost NO hair on my temples.)

Does the Biotin really grow your hair faster? I was thinking of taking some but 1000 mg not 5000mg.

Ozai

Reaction score
wow! congrats! awesome results. I heard NiZORAL 2% is not good for the liver in the long run.. Any input is appreciated.

duality8

Established Member
Reaction score
Congratulations mate! Quite a success story! I do hope you keep us updated in the future if anything changes :punk:

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Loving the results! I'm having an "army" of little hairs at the hairline like you did and I wasn't sure if that meant it was coming back or not. After seeing your results, I know what I'm in for!

Our hair and pattern is quite similiar!

Keep it up!