I Am Actually Regrowing My Hair + Hairline Without Min Or finasteride (mechanical Stimulation)

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay guys so I have finally gotten my DNA test results back and I've lined up my genes to this study I've done, this is all looking very promising and indicates a positive effect for stepping up to dutasteride. I'm planning to implement it once a week with finasteride at this point.
pone.png

Genes I have -
rs1128977 (Good Gene) rs1128977 on RXRG is associated with response to dutasteride.
rs3822430 (Good Gene) The product of SRD5A1 is type I 5AR, which is a target of dutasteride. (infers superior results on dutasteride over finasteride which is 5AR-II)
rs2241057 (Bad Gene) CYP26B1 is able to inactivate both all-trans-RA and 9-cis-RA (retinoic acid)

The negative gene I have isn't that overly impactful whereas the others I dont have act as backdoors which make dutasteride almost useless. Overall based on my genes this is all very promising for a good response to dutasteride.

A concerning factor is that I have a lot of genes that predispose me to both prostate and breast cancer so I'll have to be conscious of that to be safe.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Forgot to mention my balding predisposition which is an incredibly 7x
For reference I started balding at 12, was a norwood 3 by 15-16 and a norword 4.5 by 20

1608259569590.png

Not only is it a 7x risk I also have another 9 genes related to balding that increase my odds even further
1608259496112.png

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For reference I started balding at 12, was a norwood 3 by 15-16 and a norword 4.5 by 20

View attachment 152945
Not only is it a 7x risk I also have another 9 genes related to balding that increase my odds even further
View attachment 152944
Lol that's meaningless. PPV 12% with a disease as prevelent as male pattern baldness is an atrocious test.

7x risk is likely misleading. Probably a retrospective odds ratio with the numbers of the comparison and control both being small. I couldnt say without looking at the actual data but I would not put much stock in this.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol that's meaningless. PPV 12% with a disease as prevelent as male pattern baldness is an atrocious test.

7x risk is likely misleading. Probably a retrospective odds ratio with the numbers of the comparison and control both being small. I couldnt say without looking at the actual data but I would not put much stock in this.
In what way is it meaningless? It's literally a DNA test I took that showed me I have numerous genes that predispose me to baldness. Whilst not entirely accurate it does point to the fact I am strongly predisposed to balding which is shown by even looking at males in my immediate family and the fact I heavily balded at a young age. Even my brother has started the initial stages of balding at 13.

It's just additional information that supports the reality of my Androgenetic Alopecia.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In what way is it meaningless? It's literally a DNA test I took that showed me I have numerous genes that predispose me to baldness. Whilst not entirely accurate it does point to the fact I am strongly predisposed to balding which is shown by even looking at males in my immediate family and the fact I heavily balded at a young age. Even my brother has started the initial stages of balding at 13.

It's just additional information that supports the reality of my Androgenetic Alopecia.

Except it doesn't mean that statistically. It could mean something if it was a negative test, but a positive test is all but meaningless (12% means you would get more predictive value out of flipping a coin). I would also want to see what they are using as a gold standard to even get these numbers.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Except it doesn't mean that statistically. It could mean something if it was a negative test, but a positive test is all but meaningless (12% means you would get more predictive value out of flipping a coin). I would also want to see what they are using as a gold standard to even get these numbers.
You're failing to understand an extremely easy concept, this is my genetic disposition to balding, it doesn't mean I will bald but that I hold genes that predispose me to balding. I've already balded heavily, you don't need genes to tell you that. Given how much I balded at a young age you'd expect it to reflect in my genes within a DNA test, big surprise.. It did.

I just posted that as a little snippet of how my DNA relates to balding with the gs122 genoset which is a cluster of SNPs. So not only do I have just those genes that predispose me to baldness but I have numerous more. I simply posted it because I thought people would find it interesting but instead I'm met with negativity. I'm quite literally nearly done with posting updates on this website.

gs122 looks for increased risk of baldness based on

rs6625163(A;A) 1.2 (increased risk of baldness)
rs1160312(A;A) 2 (2.56x increased risk of Male Pattern Baldness.)
rs1160312(A;G) 2 (1.6x increased risk of Male Pattern Baldness.)
rs201571(T;T) 2 (more likely to go bald)
rs6036025(G;G) 1.2 (more likely to go bald)

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
April 2020 vs Dec 17, look at that hairline progress. I'm genuinely really pleased as it's continuing to come along really nicely.
screenshot_20200416-044928_gallery-jpg.png
Screenshot_20201223-095551_Gallery.jpg

I'm 2 weeks into experimenting with Dutasteride which is the equivalent of 2 pills. Very quickly and already I am noticing increased gains. My hair is perkier than ever, I'm not sure but I think it's growing in thicker follicle wise from the base because it is already having a noticeable difference so quickly. ALSO MY CROWN IS FINALLY FILLING IN, I had like a coin sized bald spot in my crown that thickened up but never fully and now on dutasteride it's finally filling in, like literally even with sunlight exposing my bare scalp skin with greasy hair it's getting difficult to notice. I'm starting to get really confident with my hair now.

I also attached a density shot of it too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201223-100042_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201223-100042_Gallery.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 836

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're failing to understand an extremely easy concept, this is my genetic disposition to balding, it doesn't mean I will bald but that I hold genes that predispose me to balding. I've already balded heavily, you don't need genes to tell you that. Given how much I balded at a young age you'd expect it to reflect in my genes within a DNA test, big surprise.. It did.

I just posted that as a little snippet of how my DNA relates to balding with the gs122 genoset which is a cluster of SNPs. So not only do I have just those genes that predispose me to baldness but I have numerous more. I simply posted it because I thought people would find it interesting but instead I'm met with negativity. I'm quite literally nearly done with posting updates on this website.

gs122 looks for increased risk of baldness based on

rs6625163(A;A) 1.2 (increased risk of baldness)
rs1160312(A;A) 2 (2.56x increased risk of Male Pattern Baldness.)
rs1160312(A;G) 2 (1.6x increased risk of Male Pattern Baldness.)
rs201571(T;T) 2 (more likely to go bald)
rs6036025(G;G) 1.2 (more likely to go bald)

Hey man just trying to share some stats knowledge. What ever floats your boat though

Sethdpmatthews

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 152945
View attachment 152944

April 2020 vs Dec 17, look at that hairline progress. I'm genuinely really pleased as it's continuing to come along really nicely.
View attachment 153259View attachment 153260
I'm 2 weeks into experimenting with Dutasteride which is the equivalent of 2 pills. Very quickly and already I am noticing increased gains. My hair is perkier than ever, I'm not sure but I think it's growing in thicker follicle wise from the base because it is already having a noticeable difference so quickly. ALSO MY CROWN IS FINALLY FILLING IN, I had like a coin sized bald spot in my crown that thickened up but never fully and now on dutasteride it's finally filling in, like literally even with sunlight exposing my bare scalp skin with greasy hair it's getting difficult to notice. I'm starting to get really confident with my hair now.

I also attached a density shot of it too.
Have you looked into Ru-58841? It will competitively bind with scalp testosterone & probably further increase your results. I have a peach fuzz outline of my juvenile hairline now from finasteride, minoxidil, ketoconazole, microneedling, RU. If you're really trying to max out your hair potential, a topical anti androgen is worth deploying imo

eivbisi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you looked into Ru-58841? It will competitively bind with scalp testosterone & probably further increase your results. I have a peach fuzz outline of my juvenile hairline now from finasteride, minoxidil, ketoconazole, microneedling, RU. If you're really trying to max out your hair potential, a topical anti androgen is worth deploying imo
how many mg a day do you apply and from what source?

Sethdpmatthews

My Regimen
Reaction score
how many mg a day do you apply and from what source?
I personally do 75mg. It's 50 mg/ml, and 1.5 ml covers the areas of concern for me. I get it from cheymo. Other popular sources are anagenic and thekaneshop. Keep in mind the stuff doesn't have safety data backing it up, so do your own research and weigh your risk vs reward.

Tytygcac

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight. Do you still microneedle or do you recommend just to take finasteride?

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
“I am actually regrowing my hair + hairline without min or finasteride (mechanical stimulation)”

Uses finasteride and dutasteride.
Thread title is outdated and the site doesn't let you change the title, I split my pre-finasteride results into a different section if you want to see those results. My main goal was to regrow my hair with minimal maintenance, cost and side effects not to prove I can grow a full head of hair without medication (which is hard even with medication). I had some decent regrowth with just microneedling, scalp massages and zinc pyrithione which is great but I was a NW4.5 at 19 with pretty thin hair to top it off. with my level of hairloss I couldn't in my right mind not use dutasteride or at least finasteride. Honestly, my only regret was not using 5AR inhibitors earlier in life, I'm only 2 and a half months on dutasteride but I'm seeing a definite boost in growth after stagnating on finasteride for quite some time, lots of tiny hairs sprouting out deeper than ever before into the bald region of my receded temples, they look like little blackheads from a distance. It doesn't go as far out as I'd like but this will be a massive boost to the appearance of my hairline. They are still small so I might post some final pictures in a few months and then start to clean up everything here. Wanting to delete a lot of this for privacy reasons.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Too hard to get in my country and too expensive for it to be worthwhile importing, pretty happy with what I'm using currently.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
27th of Jan, hairline is still coming along. I recently found this study though and I found something interesting, in the wounding study they are actually using retinoic acid in one of the groups which is actually bit of a secret ingredient I've been using if you read the my posts a couple pages back. I don't apply it every day but it is something that I have been occasionally applying to my temples since late December, I actually did find a bunch of studies on it that showed promising potential although I'd have to rejoin the group I posted them in to find the links. This study won't be completed until 2025 but I find it interesting they are using retinoic acid, it could have some synergistic effects with wounding which could be giving me a slight boost to my regrowth. I know back in the day retinol was used in conjunction with minoxidil to increase the effectiveness.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03491267
Do you derma stamp only on bald areas of Your scalp or also on thick healthy areas?