I Am Actually Regrowing My Hair + Hairline Without Min Or finasteride (mechanical Stimulation)

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because that difference was on my right temple, my massage experiments these past few months have been on my left temple and I never saw much regrowth at all on the left but it was my less receded temple. Now after doing the massages I'm seeing vellus hairs sprouting up and going longer and I'm beginning to see terminal hairs starting to sprout out.

Basing off of one study I'm fairly convinced that the stretching forces in the scalp via the massage quite literally change the gene expression in the scalp/skin into ones that favour hair growth. So with a combination of treatments it could be a very beneficial part to the regrowth process.

People also need to remember I had regrowth before finasteride and I've been slowly coming back from a NW4.5

What has your diet been like through all of us?

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What has your diet been like through all of us?
Pretty much the same lately, I have tried to occasionally eat healthier foods but nothing set in stone. I also periodically intermittent fast but that's not directed towards hariloss.
Congratulations man! How many minutes on average do you massage a day?
As of late around 10-30 minutes but I mainly focus on the left temple at the moment to test the massages, I just do it slowly while watching Youtube etc.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back to my left temple, definitely looks like the massages are seriously starting to pay off, some big results in just a couple of months. Those longer vellus hairs are genuinely starting to turn into small terminal hairs if we look close which means I'm effectively growing and advancing my hairline into the slick bald region which has been a nightmare for regrowth. It's not even just that, my hairline as a whole just looks a lot healthier and my sides seem to be slowly moving forward and the existing hairs are growing longer and thicker there.

I'm thinking this has to be most definitely the massages considering the gains on the left temple, the only part of my regime I've changed lately aside from that is I started taking VItamin D daily around 3000-4000IU consistently. I took Vitamin D in the past but I ended up forgetting to supplement. With the Coronavirus quarantine I've made sure to take it everyday, all I've been doing is sitting at home and playing video games all day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200416-001602_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200416-001602_Gallery.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 1,152
  • Screenshot_20200416-001814_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200416-001814_Gallery.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,183

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's some extra photos from the past couple of weeks, the first picture is probably confusing to look at but it's taken from above, harder to tell on the closeups.

I was going to do some before and afters but it's too much of a headache trying to get the same angle and lighting without blurring the picture, my whole orientation gets thrown off too since my hairline has changed, I did get some semi-close ones though that I might upload in the future.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200416-043011_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200416-043011_Gallery.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,490
  • Screenshot_20200416-044928_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200416-044928_Gallery.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,467
  • Screenshot_20200416-045151_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200416-045151_Gallery.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 1,497

EP93

My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome to see your results! You're giving me hope! I'll be 25 this year and have been balding since 21. I've been trying different things over the years and recently came across this aggressive massage technique which led me to finding your thread. My crown is thin like yours used to be, although maybe not quite so thin. Looking forward to trying what you've done!

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MyThinningConfidence since you're ascribing a lot of your recent success to scalp massages, I'm wondering if you would say that you had a tight scalp prior to massages?
I ask because I'm trying to see if having an initially tight scalp is a precursor to massages being successful.

Mr. Grey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's some extra photos from the past couple of weeks, the first picture is probably confusing to look at but it's taken from above, harder to tell on the closeups.

I was going to do some before and afters but it's too much of a headache trying to get the same angle and lighting without blurring the picture, my whole orientation gets thrown off too since my hairline has changed, I did get some semi-close ones though that I might upload in the future.

Hello! How many hair (approximately) do you lose at the moment of massage session?

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My scalp itch came back and I was trying to root out the cause, I believe it's due to me washing my hair less now as I've only been washing it once every 2-4 days. It was a lot thicker so I was more comfortable with it less clean but this appears to have caused my scalp itch to come back along with acne on my scalp which is what I believe to be a form of seborrheic dermatitis, it appears that washing my hair with zinc pyrithione shampoo almost every day is integral to my regime. I've felt the scalp itch coming back lightly ever since i swapped shampoo types earlier this year but didn't think much of it. I swapped from that organic one I have linked in my main post to Head and Shoulders Itchy Scalp care, I'm not sure if the different shampoo is simply less effective or if I'm simply not washing my hair as much but washing my hair with the newer shampoo does ease the itch.

It's seriously sucky because I lost a decent amount of density which is primarily on the top of the scalp and crown, you can now see little cracks in my fringe due to reduced density. I'm assuming it will regrow but it sucks because my hair is long now and it will take a long time, it's not the worst but it feels pretty shitty to lose some ground after such a good run.

On the plus side my left temple seems unaffected and it does seemingly appear to be regrowing hair, nothing drastic but quite a few of the small little vellus hairs turned into fully grown terminal ones.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice. Your hair is growing back in a similar fashion to mine, but you have much more dramatic stippling. How did you achieve it? Is there some sort of technique youve been using when microneedling? I just stab the hell out of myself over and over in a quasi--chaotic fashion until its saturated in blood. Curious how you got such tight and pronounced temple stubble.

Since this thread is so long is your regimen basically *just* finasteride + nizoral + pyrithione zinc + microneedling + scalp massage? Am I missing anything?

Can you elaborate on your mechanical approach to microneedling. I know thats hard to type, but Im curious how come you got such tight stippling and mines just here and there.

Whats the point of 40% glycolic acid and salicylic acid?

How long did it take your crown to grow back to full thickness? Mine is kind of stuck, but looks to be slowly thickening but its like fine baby hair right now and its blonde like I was when I was a kid lol...

How often do you use the zinc shampoo? Im gonna buy a 2% one to add to my regimen, and alternate it with nizoral.

What derminator do you use?

Last edited:

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice. Your hair is growing back in a similar fashion to mine, but you have much more dramatic stippling. How did you achieve it? Is there some sort of technique youve been using when microneedling? I just stab the hell out of myself over and over in a quasi--chaotic fashion until its saturated in blood. Curious how you got such tight and pronounced temple stubble.

Since this thread is so long is your regimen basically *just* finasteride + nizoral + pyrithione zinc + microneedling + scalp massage? Am I missing anything?

Can you elaborate on your mechanical approach to microneedling. I know thats hard to type, but Im curious how come you got such tight stippling and mines just here and there.

How long did it take your crown to grow back to full thickness? Mine is kind of stuck, but looks to be slowly thickening but its like fine baby hair right now and its blonde like I was when I was a kid lol...

How often do you use the zinc shampoo? Im gonna buy a 2% one to add to my regimen, and alternate it with nizoral.

What derminator do you use?
What is your regimen bro? How did u regrow your hair? Thanks!

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your regimen bro? How did u regrow your hair? Thanks!

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...y-signs-of-temple-regrowth-pics.115543/page-3

The quick answer is finasteride rogaine foam nizoral shampoo and 1.5mm microneedling till Im bloody.

Ive added collagen/biotin dosing and collagen/biotin shampoo/conditioner as well as taking the 2% zinc shampoo from this thread and ordered a derminator 2 also taken from this thread at 2.5mm like Mythinningconfidence was doing. None of the things listed in this segment have been implemented yet except the collagen stuff and its way too early to credit any of that for results to date.

Last edited:

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go topical dutasteride
I have been on it for 3 months now. Completely stopped my hair loss and zero side effects as compared with oral finasteride which was not as effective.
Best part is I only apply 2ml once a month. Half life of the drug is so long that you don't need daily usage.
Once a month topical dutasteride? How is it possible to apply it so rarely?

jh94

My Regimen
Reaction score
The density improvement in some of your pictures is impressive. Goes to show sticking with a reliable routine such as just an anti-androgen and dermarolling for enough time will eventually bring results. I believe losing hair generally takes a long time and then so should reforming the health of the scalp and reducing fibrosis.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you still keeping your hair?
and what about finasteride side effects?
Yeah hair appears healthy and fine, even got complimented on the quality of it by a girl the other day mentioning I must take good care of it. My hairline never fully recovered and my vertex is still thin relative to the rest of my hair but I can hide my hairline with how I style my hair. In terms of finasteride sides still none aside from me ejaculating less. I suppose I might post some update pictures sometime.

Yes that's my regime, I also sometimes take fish oil and vitamin D which theoretically helps my hair in the case of a deficiency.

I just repeatedly microneedle with the derminator at 2.5mm across my scalp

The chemical peels were just an idea that work on a similar principle to microneedling, I'm already using microneedling and chemical peels on my face to repair acne scars so I figured it could be beneficial. The glycolic acid didn't work on my scalp since it doesn't dissolve the oils and my scalp is very oily but salicylic acid does which means it can get deeper into the pores and potentially have some benefit but the 30% salicylic acid I got is so expensive I am hesitant to try it on anything but my face.

I'm also pretty absent from this community these days now, I don't really care much about looking into and researching hairloss anymore. I have about 80 private messages from people on Reddit asking me questions relating to hairloss and I have no motivation or desire to really respond to any of them. Besides a lot of the questions have already been answered publicly. I'd still love to get some gains in regards to my hair but I don't care enough to spend time in a community based around it anymore.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also just a mini update on the fact I'm going to experiment with dutasteride once weekly in conjunction with finasteride now. I have a box of Avodart I purchased forever ago now and I'm curious more than anything plus it's better than wasting money and letting it go to waste. If I get any side effects I'll simply stop using it. It'd just be nice to use with the longer half life etc since I have been getting into a bad habit of forgetting and skipping finasteride doses a lot. Also I think in theory it could further reduce my pore size as finasteride reduced the oiliness of my skin so my pores were less clogged which meant less acne.

I'm sort of tired of the fear mongering around 5ARIs online and I'm doubtful I'd get any severe side effects. I've read countless studies that say it's safe and comparable to finasteride and then I've seen a couple that state in theory it could be harmful in regards to neurosteroids and allopregnanolone. In reality I think those sides are negligible and I'm at the point where I don't think I care anymore. I'm sort of done taking advice from obsessive strangers on the internet.

I've noticed it's not just finasteride/dutasteride that has all the fear mongering online, it's literally just about any medication you can take people obsess and rant over. I recently started taking Lamisil to treat a fungul infection that was long overdue by many years but I was always hesitant to start it since people online told me it's incredibly harmful and it destroyed their life: lethargy, loss of taste, headaches plus more. I think the scariest one was that people told me it's super toxic to my liver and if I take it I run the risk of my liver failing and me dying and that wasn't worth the risk of resolving a simple fungal infection. Well in reality I've been taking it for a few months now and I've had zero side effects and I'm perfectly fine.

I'll probably have people freak out over the thought of me experimenting with dutasteride since they did in the past when I considered trying it. But it's as simple as this, if I get side effects I stop using it. If it doesn't work I just go back to finasteride or I just switch to dutasteride only twice a week which will save cost and be much more convenient taking.