I Am Absolutely, Monstrously Ugly And It’s Ruining My Life

blackg

Reaction score
Lol I was explaining how naturally light was gets in my bathroom. Most people just have mirror light.

Looking back at the post it does look like humble brags. I fail.
I didnt mean it to come across badly, if it did. The whole humble brag thing is a bit of a joke (or was) around here.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im ugly as f***, although i am diagnosed with BDD . But my hair woes are definitely not all in my head...it's just another thing to add to my trainwreck of a life. Here is my hair before treatment https://imgur.com/MRer1Ss You would think someone with BDD would pay more attention, but i only focused on the front of my head, never took a mirror and looked at the back until it was too late. Now im fucked.

Last edited:

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is an utter crock of sh*t. I mean seriously, when did this start? I can tell you, on average a "rock hard body" is going to turn more girls away than draw in. If you want the "rock hard body" do it for yourself. If you want to attract a girl just get in decent enough shape. You dont need to be a Greek God, that will just intimidate more girls than it attracts. I will tell you a "decent" body and a couple "interesting" hobbies will do you more fare. Pick up an instrument, learn a couple new languages (if you dont already know some, I wish I could learn a fluent SECOND, I wish I lived in Europe just for that), car/motorcycle repair, etc etc. Video games are NOT a hobby.
how are video games not a hobby?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
how are video games not a hobby?

because VERY rarely does it ever encourage any real personal positivity or growth, learned valuable skills or sociability. Theres always exceptions but Im referring to a hobby that would be considered interesting to talk about. There might be women who are interested in gaming but good luck catching that unicorn. If you really want to impress a few women, cut the game time in half and find another activity that might beneficial in some way to enhancing yourself

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Learning to wash the dishes would be a start.

Knowing how to install a dishwasher is a better one, women love a handy guy. Its one of the things most women say about me. My neighbors wife is constantly talking about how she loves how handy I am. Not a bad looking girl either.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
because VERY rarely does it ever encourage any real personal positivity or growth, learned valuable skills or sociability. Theres always exceptions but Im referring to a hobby that would be considered interesting to talk about. There might be women who are interested in gaming but good luck catching that unicorn. If you really want to impress a few women, cut the game time in half and find another activity that might beneficial in some way to enhancing yourself

Video gaming is a serious hobby of mine, if a woman im with can't accept that then i doubt she is the one for me, plus avid woman video gamers are becoming extremely common these days, it's not catching a unicorn. Plus certain games can actually encourage personal growth, not mindless shoot em ups mind you, but there are plenty of rpg's that have helped me grow as a person.

Last edited:

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Video gaming is a serious hobby of mine, if a woman im with can't accept that then i doubt she is the one for me, plus avid woman video gamers are becoming extremely common these days, it's not catching a unicorn. Plus certain games can actually encourage personal growth, not mindless shoot em ups mind you, but there are plenty of rpg's that have helped me grow as a person...xenogears, planescape torment etc

everyones entitled to their opinion, I see video games (which I play) as simple recreation, not a hobby. Also that entire "girl gamers on the rise" thing that started a few years ago seems like horse sh*t. Most girls play mobile games than anything and that when those stats started coming out. Also how many of those female gamers are just in it for some kind of attention, like those "hot gamers" who all have their blogs and twitch accounts.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
everyones entitled to their opinion, I see video games (which I play) as simple recreation, not a hobby. Also that entire "girl gamers on the rise" thing that started a few years ago seems like horse sh*t. Most girls play mobile games than anything and that when those stats started coming out. Also how many of those female gamers are just in it for some kind of attention, like those "hot gamers" who all have their blogs and twitch accounts.
you dont come off as someone who appreciates art so thats probably why you see video games like that

like how is it not a hobby? lol

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Merriam-Webster
Definition of hobby

plural hobbies
: a pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Merriam-Webster
Definition of hobby

plural hobbies
: a pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation
prolly he is putting it down cuz games are associated with nerds and kids and incels, hes trying to show off how hes such a mature manly grown up. he comes off as a try hard type, they are often like that.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Be glad your not me. Balding head plus physical congenital Deformity. I am Screwed bro. At least you can work out and grab the attention of ladies that like the buff guy.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
you dont come off as someone who appreciates art so thats probably why you see video games like that

like how is it not a hobby? lol

you got me Ex.... I mean you might be right, my primary instrument is Bass so how artistic is that truly.... I questioned it as recent as last night lol.
I dont see it as a hobby. I see it as simply recreation. Like listening to music, I dont see it as a "hobby" because while you can appreciate it you are minimally interacting only (unless you really know music and spend a lot of time learning everything you can about it). If you are just listening to a song or just playing a game you are technically just pushing buttons. While games may take a bit more cognitive thinking (SOME, not a lot these days) you are still simply pushing a button to achieve an end goal. If you took that interest in games and started "designing" games then I would see it as a hobby. To me you really need to have a level of interaction that could improve some sort of skill for me to see it as a hobby.
You guys all talk about attracting women, even if you found a girl who LOVED video games, who do you think she would go after sooner, all other things being equal, another guys whos only hobby is "playing" games, or someone who is also into writing music, playing a sport, building cars or motorcycles, into fitness to some degree. Im not equating what girls find attractive to deciding if something is a hobby Im just trying to say open your perspective to other options if you are looking to make yourself interesting

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Merriam-Webster
Definition of hobby

plural hobbies

Hold on there was more you missed.....

1. Archaic. a small horse.
    Explore Dictionary.com[/paste:font]

Idioms
  1. ride a hobby, to concern oneself excessively with a favorite notion or activity.Also ride a hobbyhorse.
Origin of hobby1
1325–75; Middle English hoby(n), probably for Robin, or Robert (cf. hob2), used as horse's name, as in dobbin

So a hobby is also a small horse.... and the word was created in 1325. How many consoles were out in 1325 again? Back then your "hobbies" were horse riding, archery, fencing, dueling and dying of the flu.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
prolly he is putting it down cuz games are associated with nerds and kids and incels, hes trying to show off how hes such a mature manly grown up. he comes off as a try hard type, they are often like that.

well before you say that, Ive been hooked on Monster hunter world since release. Im also waiting for a few games to go on sale cheap Ive been wanting, like Mordor 2. I love games. Mainly just play FROM and Monster Hunters though. I am a try hard type, you know this, why would this be bad. Thats the difference between me and a lot of other people on here and Ive said it.... I try hard and like Ive also said, unless you try HARD and fail you have no real privilege to b**ch about lifes shortcomings. Most of you guys are defeated before you even try and your and I have especially talk to YOU about this in the past.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see how an avid woman video gamer would not love to sit with her boyfriend and play a game they both enjoyed, it's no different than sitting playing instruments together or going to gym together imo.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see how an avid woman video gamer would not love to sit with her boyfriend and play a game they both enjoyed, it's no different than sitting playing instruments together or going to gym together imo.
women don’t play video games, it’s just another arena to attention wh*** for them. where were they when video games were super nerdy?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Video games are not a hobby, says the guy, who's on the internet, SMH. lol.

but I dont consider being on the internet a hobby. Though I DO make websites, as I just messaged you lol, and I DO consider that a hobby.

Last edited: